LINGsCARS

MORE CAR DEALER BEGGING

*** MORE CAR DEALERS' BEGGING LETTERS ***

I'm royally getting sick of this motor industry begging. Hot on the heels of the begging petition from the IMDA (Independent Motor Dealers' Association) last week to suck more money from the Government because the industry has archaic payment practices for staff and they have shot their staff in both feet...

... now, the NFDA (National Franchised Dealers' Association, often confused with the National Funeral Directors' Association) are begging to suck more money from the Government by asking the FCA to waive fees for motor dealers. MORE BEGGING!

Two things wrong here:

1) What is ALWAYS so special about the Motor Dealer sector where it always seems to need special help from the Government?

2) The excuse is that gives Motor Dealers "additional breathing space to meet obligations to staff and creditors".

Well, (a) creditors should be paid, simple. If you can't pay them you shouldn't be trading.

And (b) staff can be furloughed AT NO COST TO THE BUSINESS and paid. The business is also refunded the statutory pension contributions and NI contributions, so this is a nett gain for the business. (Why not pass those funds back to staff?) Why would the franchised Motor Dealer need additional funds to "meet obligations to staff"? Most Motor Dealers are already paying staff ridiculously small amounts due to the archaic salary schemes they run. So why give the dealers more funds? They clearly won't pass them to staff. The staff have been stitched due to their tiny dark-age salary positions.

Remember, these are the main dealers asking for this.... the ones whose senior managers are on six-figure salaries, driving the S-Class Mercs. When you next drive past the gin palace that is the multi £million BMW dealership, or the space-age ££££ Mercedes Benz dealership... or the Vorskspork Duck AUDI dealership (these make £zillions of profits normally) remember they are begging for release from a few quids of statutory fees. When so many people in the country (their own sales people included, now) are often in dire straits and can't survive week to week.

If the main dealers need a few quid (pathetic), then sell off a few assets, FFS. Their coffee machines and reception area yucca plants probably cost more than the FCA fees.

And on the FCA... (Financial Conduct Authority) this is the overseer of financial conduct for the Motor Trade. Oh, God, the FCA. Yes, the same FCA who's staff were criticised by the FCA boss last November for sh1tting all over the floors, p1ssing all over the toilets and filling the fanny bins with empty vodka bottles in their HIDEOUSLY EXPENSIVE Canary Wharf headquarters. As well as stealing the pot plants. You couldn't make it up.

You just couldn't make this crap up, if you tried!

FRANCHISED DEALERS - STOP BEGGING! The MOTOR TRADE - STOP BEGGING! You are *NOT* the worse off businesses in the country. Have a bit of a thought for other people who are *really* strugging (and dying) at the moment. GET A BACKBONE.

AAAAAAGH!

Ling

nfda.jpg

Nice rant but consider you don’t know everyone else’s situation and that people (employers and employees alike) are facing genuine hardship. I’m sure you’re okay, critiquing millionaires and the way they run their companies whilst being one yourself? People in glass houses. What are you doing to HELP?

Now fuck off and sort yourself out. I’m out. 

8 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Nice rant but consider you don’t know everyone else’s situation and that people (employers and employees alike) are facing genuine hardship. I’m sure you’re okay, critiquing millionaires and the way they run their companies whilst being one yourself? People in glass houses. What are you doing to HELP?

Now fuck off and sort yourself out. I’m out. 

What I'm *NOT* doing is going around begging for special case treatment. I thought we were all in this together?

2 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

@James Baggott   you wanted people to interview with opinions and views on the industry didn't you :D

Get ling on 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

As much as I admire lings attitude I'm afraid she might just eat james

She is delicious and I hope he was

Alice cooper......

Nice one......I think he is still doing 200 shows a year.

• Thanks 1

A Baggott a day keeps the Virus away :)

Edited by LINGsCARS
James Baggott's bloody name

I actually tend to agree with Ling. Over my 40 years in the industry I have been appalled at the attitude of many of the big franchised dealer groups. The waste and inefficiency is horrendous. Its no surprise to me that outfits like Lookers and Pendragon are venturing into penny share territory.

I think we are in for a shock when we come out the other side of this crisis. There's going to be a big economic reality check for a lot of people. IMHO the way PCP and leasing has evolved in certain sectors of the economy is nitroglycerin ready to explode. 

4 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

I actually tend to agree with Ling. Over my 40 years in the industry I have been appalled at the attitude of many of the big franchised dealer groups. The waste and inefficiency is horrendous. Its no surprise to me that outfits like Lookers and Pendragon are venturing into penny share territory.

I think we are in for a shock when we come out the other side of this crisis. There's going to be a big economic reality check for a lot of people. IMHO the way PCP and leasing has evolved in certain sectors of the economy is nitroglycerin ready to explode. 

I agree... I'm so glad I don't sell any PCP deals. - Ling

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

@James Baggott   you wanted people to interview with opinions and views on the industry didn't you :D

I’d set my alarm to see it live.

1 hour ago, Halfpenny said:

There's going to be a big economic reality check for a lot of people.

IMHO the way PCP and leasing has evolved in certain sectors of the economy is nitroglycerin ready to explode. 

I hope you’re right on both scores.