umesh

We need your help.. please :)

Ive always liked your social media channels and how you get things done Ling.  You have made your dislike of main dealers and car salesmen clear on many previous occasions though.

After all this I hope not one car dealer supplies your business in the future Ling.   They have all paid into the scheme, paid tax etc on total pay not just basic.   Maybe the entire industry needs reform but come off it I don't think the salesman with a family should be hugely financially disadvantaged moreso than any other PAYE worker due to whats essentially a technicality.

Edited by Rory RSC

Remember when Auto t m forum got shutdown few years ago. some join imda some join here. Umesh is nice guy trying to help in this difficult situations. We all trying our best. Umesh, Arfur, David Horgan, Rory RSC, James B, David Ayers and a few more their all very honest and nice people been contributed lots in forums helping lots of new startups. Stay safe. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, williamblackshaw said:

Sure, drop me your number and can facetime cheers - hope your safe and well 

No thank you I've seen the twitterings

To be perfectly honest although ling has and always will be a bit loud this is her way of being heard in what is a mans world

I only know about her from the media I haven't even seen dragons den

For members on here  and on the twitterings to call to boycott her in future is frankly beyond the pail

Keep going ling

I've never ever felt the need to join a boys club or pack mentality 

• Like 1

Minimum wage is currently £8.21 per hour, doubt very much  if many car salesmen are on minimum wage, average hours worked 37 [office for national statistics ] 37 x £8.21 = £303. 80% furlough is £242, obviously less hours less pay

now if there was a petition for minimum wage workers to get at least minimum wage ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

Minimum wage is currently £8.21 per hour, doubt very much  if many car salesmen are on minimum wage, average hours worked 37 [office for national statistics ] 37 x £8.21 = £303. 80% furlough is £242, obviously less hours less pay

now if there was a petition for minimum wage workers to get at least minimum wage ?

Due to being self employed and making over £50,000 I will get nothing.

Where is my petition!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

under your mattress :lol:

If only.

Anyway. What good is cash? No one will touch it for fear of infection!! It's all contactless from now on.

2 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

If only.

Anyway. What good is cash? No one will touch it for fear of infection!! It's all contactless from now on.

Even before the virus the cashier would look at you strange in our local petrol station if you paid in cash 

37 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

What good is cash? No one will touch it for fear of infection!! It's all contactless from now on.

The govt seem as keen as pushing this almost as hard as social distancing. 

It’s no wonder so many young adults nowadays haven’t got a clue about using money and/or abusing debt. Cash is king. Always has been, always will be and no amount of govt propaganda or bullshit from people (usually themselves swimming in debt) will convince me differently. 

5 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Ive always liked your social media channels and how you get things done Ling.  You have made your dislike of main dealers and car salesmen clear on many previous occasions though.

After all this I hope not one car dealer supplies your business in the future Ling.   They have all paid into the scheme, paid tax etc on total pay not just basic.   Maybe the entire industry needs reform but come off it I don't think the salesman with a family should be hugely financially disadvantaged moreso than any other PAYE worker due to whats essentially a technicality.

That'a a great attitude, Rory. I have OFTEN run into that attitude, many times... I should get punished because car Dealers have such a crap and archaic salary package for their employees? Me? I'm not the one paying the crap salaries, nit. I am on the side of the employees here, BUT it needs to be the Car Dealer companies that pay the crap salaries doing the sorting it out... not the taxpayer. Car Dealers have benefited from things like paying crap sick pay, crap holiday pay, crap maternity pay, crap pension contributions, lower wages over Christmas due to the trading effect, offering crap job security to their employees and making it harder for them to get mortgages etc, all because they think they should pay them crap salaries and because it stacks the payroll in the employer's favour. Nice. However, if they treated employees like modern employers do, and paid them more equitably, this situation wouldn't arise.

Has one Car Dealer said they will now change these crap salary arrangements, due to this anomaly being highlighted by the 80% scheme? No. Have they hell. Has one of them admitted they have created any hardship due to their archaic salary practices,...? No.

It's about time these things were changed in the 21st century.

And car salesmen and employees accepting these crap schemes should get a bit of a backbone, too, and demand normal salaries like the rest of society. If Car Dealers ran the ambulance service, they'd want to pay Paramedics a £12000 salary and £100 for every life they saved, claiming it gets better results and "that the staff like it".

The taxpayer is supporting every PAYE employee equally as best as can be designed. They have responded tremendously. Of course there will be inequities, BUT THIS INEQUITY HAS BEEN CREATED BY CAR DEALERS AND IMDA MEMBERS, not by the Government. To start petitioning the Government for extra money for car salesmen who have their feet up watching Netflix, at a time like this, absolutely stinks.

Ling

4 hours ago, DPF said:

Remember when Auto t m forum got shutdown few years ago. some join imda some join here. Umesh is nice guy trying to help in this difficult situations. We all trying our best. Umesh, Arfur, David Horgan, Rory RSC, James B, David Ayers and a few more their all very honest and nice people been contributed lots in forums helping lots of new startups. Stay safe. 

Umesh is a ^VERY^ nice guy, I would agree he is one of the best. Always helpful, never spiteful. But, in this situation, I believe he is wrong. And embarrassingly, ...because I'd NEVER want to suggest that car salesmen should be singled out for special treatment in the current situation. Look after the ill, support the NHS, don't go banging on about car salesmen.

Edited by LINGsCARS

5 hours ago, DPF said:

I agree there is a lot of decent people here although I've been involved in the motor trade for many years in different roles and situations I'm fairly new to the forum you can never really learn or know everything every day is school day and I've learned a lot here and got advice etc from many always try my best to help do my bit also when i can

all the best to everyone here during these sad difficult times 

may everyone and there family's stay safe  and take care .

Edited by Casper

54 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

That'a a great attitude, Rory. I have OFTEN run into that attitude, many times... I should get punished because car Dealers have such a crap and archaic salary package for their employees? Me? I'm not the one paying the crap salaries, nit. I am on the side of the employees here, BUT it needs to be the Car Dealer companies that pay the crap salaries doing the sorting it out... not the taxpayer. Car Dealers have benefited from things like paying crap sick pay, crap holiday pay, crap maternity pay, crap pension contributions, lower wages over Christmas due to the trading effect, offering crap job security to their employees and making it harder for them to get mortgages etc, all because they think they should pay them crap salaries and because it stacks the payroll in the employer's favour. Nice. However, if they treated employees like modern employers do, and paid them more equitably, this situation wouldn't arise.

Has one Car Dealer said they will now change these crap salary arrangements, due to this anomaly being highlighted by the 80% scheme? No. Have they hell. Has one of them admitted they have created any hardship due to their archaic salary practices,...? No.

It's about time these things were changed in the 21st century.

And car salesmen and employees accepting these crap schemes should get a bit of a backbone, too, and demand normal salaries like the rest of society. If Car Dealers ran the ambulance service, they'd want to pay Paramedics a £12000 salary and £100 for every life they saved, claiming it gets better results and "that the staff like it".

The taxpayer is supporting every PAYE employee equally as best as can be designed. They have responded tremendously. Of course there will be inequities, BUT THIS INEQUITY HAS BEEN CREATED BY CAR DEALERS AND IMDA MEMBERS, not by the Government. To start petitioning the Government for extra money for car salesmen who have their feet up watching Netflix, at a time like this, absolutely stinks.

Ling

Umesh is a ^VERY^ nice guy, I would agree he is one of the best. Always helpful, never spiteful. But, in this situation, I believe he is wrong. And embarrassingly, ...because I'd NEVER want to suggest that car salesmen should be singled out for special treatment in the current situation. Look after the ill, support the NHS, don't go banging on about car salesmen.

But it’s a loophole around how the they get paid that hasn’t been accounted for by an industry that supports us all from new car sales for you to part exchange stock for us indies.  

tbh your far More intelligent   and smarter than me. I can see and do see the point your making I really do and think the industry particularly the main dealer environment is so out of date it’s unbelievable but I personally feel that it’s no fault of the sales staff at this time and they have paid their way and their share during the good times. 

fwiw my staff are on 100% for 3 months after that point may need to address things.

5 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

But it’s a loophole around how the they get paid that hasn’t been accounted for by an industry that supports us all from new car sales for you to part exchange stock for us indies.  

tbh your far More intelligent   and smarter than me. I can see and do see the point your making I really do and think the industry particularly the main dealer environment is so out of date it’s unbelievable but I personally feel that it’s no fault of the sales staff at this time and they have paid their way and their share during the good times. 

fwiw my staff are on 100% for 3 months after that point may need to address things.

Fair play to you . Very decent of you . 

10 hours ago, C B said:

No but she has one who goes by the alias, Arfur :lol:

Can he be allowed back with a one thread limit? Please? 

Where has he gone?

Jim Reid, the defacto head of the IMDA is now reacting to my disagreement with his petition trying to squeeze money out of the Government, by waging war on me on a totally different topic, my website, on Twitter. Here we go, when the IMDA is criticised, they attack. 

Oh, I love the motor industry. 

I'm not suggesting I am perfect, just that the motor dealers should look after their staff, instead of relying on the taxpayer.

- Ling

Edited by LINGsCARS

1 minute ago, have a word with the wife said:

it seems this country very nearly did not have your 80%, ministers wanted "ubi" universal basic income, far easier to work out the cost for one, a guaranteed weekly sum to everyone .

how would you like that one ? 

I think UBI would have been FAR lower than 80%. The 80% is the best solution and very generous IMHO.

5 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

I think UBI would have been FAR lower than 80%. The 80% is the best solution and very generous IMHO.

yes, and a ubi may discriminate against those with genuine needs, and hand free money to those that don't need it, and no obvious way of delivering it to low income people without a bank account, i just hope the government continues to resist it :unsure:

I still cant get my head round these salespeople who had the gun to their heads when they joined as low wage big commission

I've worked in commission jobs and I didn't #$#$ all my wages up in the pub I put plenty aside because we all get periods when no commission comes in for whatever reason and let's be honest here if you were a dammed good salesman you would have got out of the car game at least a year ago

On 3/30/2020 at 8:31 PM, New year revolutions...... said:

The short plank to eternity :D

And no blindfold offered because theres a war on you know

Sorry i didnt know. 

I was AWOL from the forums for some time. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:13 PM, umesh said:

have today started a petition to the government to request for Furlough Leave to include Salespeople’s Commissions within 80% payment offer, as we know a lot of sales staff wages are heavily bias towards commission and we feel this is unfair and want to help all the sales staff.

If you could please

Nox Vidmate VLC

Thanks

Umesh 

Are you sure commission is not involved in the total income 80% calculation.Someone told me it was.

Edited by zaekaleem