A & S

AT Bargain Buys

Was talking to AT today, they are going to move the bargain buys limit from 1495 to 2000 from April. Think that's the least they can do as bargain buy ads cost a fraction of the price of vehicles advertised above the bargain buys limit. Think AT are trying to do something to make AT advertising a better value. 

4 hours ago, A & S said:

Think AT are trying to do something to make AT advertising a better value. 

Yeah right!

Hope it goes to £2000, nearly impossible to provide a fully prepped car, pay vat and make a wage for £1499.  But I think £1999 is very doable.

They are always £500 behind the price , they know what they are doing , remember fighting for ages to get it to £1,500 now a cheap px  is £2,495 so at 2k they are just £500 behind again . 

just shows where prices are going though . 

2,000  went 2295 then  moved to 2495 , now they are 2795 , soon be 3k for a starter car . 

15 hours ago, David Horgan said:

They are always £500 behind the price , they know what they are doing , remember fighting for ages to get it to £1,500 now a cheap px  is £2,495 so at 2k they are just £500 behind again . 

just shows where prices are going though . 

2,000  went 2295 then  moved to 2495 , now they are 2795 , soon be 3k for a starter car . 

Totally spot on, and as those prices increase so does your investment need to just to make the same money.

Just now, justina3 said:

Totally spot on, and as those prices increase so does your investment need to just to make the same money.

People aren’t accepting of a £995 car with a years mot any more. they want the same service as a £5k/£10k/£20k one.

31 minutes ago, justina3 said:

those prices increase so does your investment need to just to make the same money.

That's what the new starters in this industry forget 

£50,000 stock this year needs £60,000 for next year to stand still 

This is why earning £400/£600 profit per sale doesn't work , 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:20 PM, A & S said:

Was talking to AT today, they are going to move the bargain buys limit from 1495 to 2000 from April. Think that's the least they can do as bargain buy ads cost a fraction of the price of vehicles advertised above the bargain buys limit. Think AT are trying to do something to make AT advertising a better value. 

That odd, because we have had the £2k limit for cheapies for about the last year. They just added it one day. No fancy package or anything here, just the standard.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, David Horgan said:

2,000  went 2295 then  moved to 2495 , now they are 2795 , soon be 3k for a starter car

To be fair, I think it already is £3k for a starter car.  I regularly get asked for cheaper stuff, but just tell them I cant make a living if I prep to my standards. Im sure some people do manage to do it, but £4k is my cheapest for a forecourt car.