NOACROSS

Any companies that finance the over 70’s?

Do any of you fine folk know of a finance company that considers the over 70’s?

I have a punter, and the regular places I use (Motonovo, Blue, Autobahn) can’t help. 

8 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Do any of you fine folk know of a finance company that considers the over 70’s?

I have a punter, and the regular places I use (Motonovo, Blue, Autobahn) can’t help. 

I ddi one with Close to someone just over 70 (from memory).

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I ddi one with Close to someone just over 70 (from memory).

Thanks Mark. 

1 minute ago, David Horgan said:

Mallard Finance do over 70's 

have to have £1,000 a month income 

01206 243100 

www.mallardfinance.co.uk

Thanks David 

4 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Can you not hold the pension book as security ?

lenny the loan shark does down our road .:D;)

:ph34r:1,567% APR or yer dead :lol:

Fuck me, in your 70s and getting strapped-up :blink:

18 minutes ago, BHM said:

I know. Poor sod. You’d have hoped to be able to buy a six grand car at that time of life. 
Maybe he can but doesn’t want to shell out the lump sum?

Will try to be (diplomatically) nosey 

He's a spring chicken I've done deals for people in their 80's, my eldest finance customer is 86! Finance companies are not allowed to discriminate against people because of their age these days, so as long as they fit the other criteria they should be accepted. 

True story from 2 years ago.I know of someone whose elderly father in law was a very successfull and wealthy guy.He was mid eighties and in poor health but still doing a bit driving.One day he calls to see his son who is shocked to see he has a brand new car,it is some sort of Rolls Coupe.The old guy the passes away a week later.So the son is left the new Rolls,how much are they £250k ? It turned out that the old guy probably as a joke had taken out a finance agreement for a big lump which the son  had to settle off .

30 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

I know. Poor sod. You’d have hoped to be able to buy a six grand car at that time of life. 
Maybe he can but doesn’t want to shell out the lump sum?

Will try to be (diplomatically) nosey 

Mine was on a £4K V50 which 7 months in he tried to back because it required an air con compressor. Never contacted me, went straight to CB whom backed me. 

Apparently, the fault had been there since day 1 but he didn’t notice (even through the heatwave summer) and never made any contact, despite me having done one warranty repair after 1 month without quibble (genuine fault with DPF) - strange. 

Edited by Mark101

3 hours ago, BHM said:

I've done a few over 70 years old , pension over £1,000 a month  and a bit of private usually works very well , good commission too , only trouble i had was one old guy hadn't got any credit history and just wanted a Mercedes before he copped off the mortal coil , always had bangers he said so his last car was going to be a nice one , takes all sorts . 

Yes, why not. You only live once. 

I guess the finance companies (well some of them) have an age limit as the risk of them not being alive next year/four years/end of term is higher. 

Have pinged it up to Mallard, so we’ll see tomorrow. 

Just remembered-I did have one guy (69) get finance on a Jag last year. He popped his clogs before making the third payment. I did bid on the car with the finance company, but didn’t win it. 

7 hours ago, trade vet said:

True story from 2 years ago.I know of someone whose elderly father in law was a very successfull and wealthy guy.He was mid eighties and in poor health but still doing a bit driving.One day he calls to see his son who is shocked to see he has a brand new car,it is some sort of Rolls Coupe.The old guy the passes away a week later.So the son is left the new Rolls,how much are they £250k ? It turned out that the old guy probably as a joke had taken out a finance agreement for a big lump which the son  had to settle off .

Pmsl..so sick it must be true 

1 hour ago, Dave c said:

Pmsl..so sick it must be true 

It is true,I thought it was very funny at the time.It appears you are the only one that agrees.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

It is true,I thought it was very funny at the time.It appears you are the only one that agrees.

This is where the absence of a like button offends. 
(Made me chuckle. You couldn’t make it up.)

6 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

This is where the absence of a like button offends. 
(Made me chuckle. You couldn’t make it up.)

Thank you Noa.

So.  He blew the computer up. Everywhere. (Gotta laugh). 

Thanks for the replies though everyone. Much appreciated. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

So.  He blew the computer up. Everywhere. (Gotta laugh). 

Thanks for the replies though everyone. Much appreciated. 

:lol::):D:lol: lol I've a nice mountain bike here if he wants it ill sell it cheap  

Just now, Casper said:

:lol::):D:lol: lol I've a nice mountain bike here if he wants it ill sell it cheap  

:0)

On 12/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, tradex said:

They must class a pension (s) as an income....thinking about it they should be a good risk?

Pension income should be a reliable revenue source, anyone can be made redundant tomorrow but that don't apply here.

NB:- I'm assuming pension (s) being the state and a decent private one too. 

You're spot on. They have also generally paid off their mortgages too so have lot's of lovely equity in their houses, and plenty of disposable income. The only real outgoings they have is having lunch at garden centers or National Trust properties, and buying Werthers Originals. 

• Thanks 1