Arfur Dealy

Where have all the "what's the lasta Prica brigade gone?"

The guy is wanting to pay a holding deposit; does anyone have the bank details for a cash for kids charity or something like that? 

48 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

cash for kids 

I'm not Googling that, i'll end up on a register.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, J.T said:

:lol: nearly spat my coco pops out reading that :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J.T said:

They cant put you on there twice you will be ok B)

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Serious point this... I cannot remember the last time a jolly foreigner has rung or emailed asking this for a long time...... neither am I getting "will you take £xxxx"

It's almost as though Ebay has put a 'best/last price' filter on emails

I signed up on 12 months ebay/gumtree package a couple of months ago and  really regretting this now. 1 lead in 2 months! 

On 11/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, BHM said:

+1.

Confirmed buyers only, deposit upfront confirms your intent to buy based on accuracy. 

Mr VAG man is obviously busy as he asked Mrs VAG man to ring on his behalf on friday, "I'm ringing on behalf of my husband, are the stamps Skoda main dealer?" I don't know I say looking at the torrential rain outside. "Could you get soaking wet and go and have a look and I'll call you back, because I'm too lazy to come and have a look at the car myself", ok she didn't actually say that but that's what I was hearing. I get wet, she rings back, yes they are I say it has 4 stamps all main dealer, "what's the date on the stamps?" No offence love but I just got bleeding soaked and I'm not going out there again! 

Then came the question I was waiting for all along, "has the cambelt been changed?", so I immediately counter with is it a belt or a chain on those? "Ooh I don't know, what's the difference?" "All I know is they are supposed to be changed every 3 months or 300 miles according to what internet says"

I really must stop buying VAG cars, it's not good for my stress levels!! :lol:

27 minutes ago, J.T said:

Mr VAG man is obviously busy as he asked Mrs VAG man to ring on his behalf on friday

In my experience this is because Mrs. VAG man is actually more of a man than Mr. VAG man because he’s nowt but a spineless bellend repeating parrot fashion every bit of shite that is spewed across the Internet, pretending to worry about every aspect of his potential purchase in order to make a pathetically low offer which he’s praying you don’t accept because he hasn’t got the money anyway and even if he did, could he just check the Volkswagen wallet again “in order to check the veracity of the information contained within the documentation, by means of main dealer service stamps, against the manufacturers service schedule in order to satisfy myself as to the calibre of the previous owner”. Wankers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BHM said:

In my experience this is because Mrs. VAG man is actually more of a man than Mr. VAG man because he’s nowt but a spineless bellend repeating parrot fashion every bit of shite that is spewed across the Internet, pretending to worry about every aspect of his potential purchase in order to make a pathetically low offer which he’s praying you don’t accept because he hasn’t got the money anyway and even if he did, could he just check the Volkswagen wallet again “in order to check the veracity of the information contained within the documentation, by means of main dealer service stamps, against the manufacturers service schedule in order to satisfy myself as to the calibre of the previous owner”. Wankers.

:0)

Amen. 

I got my first "Hi, your car, what discount can you offer because..." in months.

Apparently you're a rude c**t for saying that the cheaper "privately" advertised base model that you saw in Friday nights auction with three months ticket sounds like a cracker and to snap their hand off.

Some people just can't handle good advice. 

3 hours ago, BHM said:

Shockingly accurate.

In my experience the ~ 3K VAG stuff in particular attracts the biggest PITA punters I’ve ever experienced; they’ve not got a pot to spit in, yet they’re expecting absolute perfection.

Edited by 15Cars

Had someone a few weeks back came to look at a mint but over average mileage Focus RS we had in.  Seemed genuine, looking all over it but oddly taking pictures.  Was pretty much told to F/O when he announced it was to update the RS Focus web forum or something as he was the nearest member.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Contracts said:

Had someone a few weeks back came to look at a mint but over average mileage Focus RS we had in.  Seemed genuine, looking all over it but oddly taking pictures.  Was pretty much told to F/O when he announced it was to update the RS Focus web forum or something as he was the nearest member.

Could possibly lead to a sale though? 

The last price brigade were out this weekend,  

3 different messers on a Crossfire, up for £3995. Punter how much will you take for it? Me : What's your offer? Punter: NO Reply. 

1 messer on a Mondeo Titanium estate, up for £4995. Same questions. Got a reply back from this one £4200. My reply: wish you would of that question when you called as I would of told you not to come down. 

Some of these people are travelling upto 2 hours. Don't know what they get out of it . The only good thing come out of it none of them went out on test drives. 

12 minutes ago, tradex said:

Sunday messers? 

Can't even call them customers....

22 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm going against the grain.... but I luvs a bit a VAG :ph34r:

Have you had your cambelt changed recently? 

23 minutes ago, J.T said:

Have you had your cambelt changed recently? 

Yes, the wife regularly changes my cambelt...... I just need to get the timing right... :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Do the tyres all match and are they OEM fitment, I'm really picky when I buy a new £995 Golf horseless carriage that I put my wife and kids in. 

Regards

Ivor. V. Small-Member

:lol:

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

:lol:

3 hours ago, tradex said:

Do the tyres all match and are they OEM fitment, I'm really picky when I buy a new £995 Golf horseless carriage that I put my wife and kids in. 

Regards

Ivor. V. Small-Member

Does it has full dealer service history is the one that gets me its a £1495 golf your lucky it has  full service history at all some people .. 

They’re always fussy about the car they’re buying but not so fussy about their p/x with oil as thick as tar (that’s if you can see any on the dipstick), cambelt 2 years overdue, tyres like Duncan Goodhew’s head & brakes grinding like an old cement mixer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Oh dear, I’ve just bought a T30 Shittle, can’t wait for the phone calls :o

And I have just bought (today) a T32 LWB - let's count who gets the most idiots/worst customer.

8 hours ago, Mark101 said:

And I have just bought (today) a T32 LWB - let's count who gets the most idiots/worst customer.

Great idea 

Edited by Arfur Dealy