Sign in to follow this  
jamslug

Just a thought: I wonder how many staples BCA go through?

simple maths, 16986 vehicles currently available, on average 5 staples per car 84930 per week, think I'm in the wrong trade bet there's more profit in selling staples to BCA than selling cars bought from them. 

• Like 3

Staples and Pritt Stick, it's the future.

Haha every time I get a BCA car delivered I have a moan about this.....

Why do they seal the paperwork in an envelope and then staple it all together through the envelope....and what's wrong with a couple of dobs of Pritt Stick in each corner rather than covering half the windscreen in it!!

I though I was on my own with this little thing that bugs the hell out of me :-)

• Like 1

I just had a transporter arrive. It was full. I will be here for the next couple hours just in picking staples. 

• Like 3

It is 14:26 on Sunday.... I have just finished. The desk and floor are covered. 

Perhaps we should weigh them in when scrap has climbed back up to a sensible price again! lol

talking scrap im glad i got rid of all mine as i havent seen a darling itinerant for weeks who wants to buy my pussie cats too

talking of scrap

tell you what I often see my local scrap yard / car spares people down the auction buying cheapies in hall 3 

a £200 car gets them in spares :

x4 part worns £20 each

engine £200 minimum

gearbox £200 minimum

bumpers £50 each

other panel £200 minimum

radio £20

trim £50

"We're in the wrong f'ing game"

• Like 1

I get the girls on the desk to take my staples out before i leave with the paperwork, they're fine with it and it's part of what we pay commission for isn't it?!

talking of scrap

tell you what I often see my local scrap yard / car spares people down the auction buying cheapies in hall 3 

a £200 car gets them in spares :

x4 part worns £20 each

engine £200 minimum

gearbox £200 minimum

bumpers £50 each

other panel £200 minimum

radio £20

trim £50

"We're in the wrong f'ing game"

I think those figures are a little dreamworld depending on the motor you're talking about. Weigh into those "profits" the cost of paying someone to dismantle all of that off the car, environmentally dispose of all waste fluids, unit rent & rates, tools, store items on shelf until sold, play race to zero on prices with every other home breaker on ebay and it's not as easy as it sounds! Even the shell isn't worth anything by the time you've lugged it to the scrapyard anymore!

• Like 1

I think the staff up BB keep the staples in their pockets never known such grumpy staff! Go down bridgwater in Somerset and the red carpet comes out. #Justsayin! :ph34r:

• Like 1

I think the staff up BB keep the staples in their pockets never known such grumpy staff! Go down bridgwater in Somerset and the red carpet comes out. #Justsayin! :ph34r:

VERY VERY TRUE

• Like 2

Went to BCA Bridgewater yesterday to pick up a car and they gave me ONLY 2 Staples!

Must be a cost saving exercise, do you reckon they can put the fees down now ?  

Must be a cost saving exercise, do you reckon they can put the fees down now ?  

if all their employees will save staples, then whole business will save money and then... Big boss will get more into his pocket. 

I did mention this thread for you jamslug on a recent podcast that I did with Derek Blair, you never know they may of listened and sent a memo round to save on you suing them for finger nail replacements. 

I did mention this thread for you jamslug on a recent podcast that I did with Derek Blair, you never know they may of listened and sent a memo round to save on you suing them for finger nail replacements. 

Oh really ? I need to listen to it. What episode ? 

Went to BCA Bridgewater yesterday to pick up a car and they gave me ONLY 2 Staples!

They made up for it. I just picked 17 out of a file from a car that turned up last night.