Casper

Valeting machines/upholstery cleaners

Sorry if this has been covered before I only recall seeing a hoover thread 

any thoughts on valeting machines /upholstery cleaners Ive used a Karcher one before which was fine but was borrowing it from a friend and its probably time he gets it back and I buy my own 

I'm thinking probably a karcher or sealey 

but always like to ask everyones thoughts and suggestions first .

cant beat a numatic george for value and ease of use, about £220 new, you'll get 3 years hard use out of one of these with no agro.

• Like 2

Karcher is my advice, costs a bit more if bought new but you can replace any part cheaply and easily when required.

• Like 1

Second shout for george parts are also ten pence of the shelf, mine feels like triggers broom had so many bits replaced but its still the original machine.

Takes a right beating as well the poor thing.

• Like 2

I can recommend the Sealey VMA914 if your looking for a proper valeting machine. Good value and pretty robust. Remote control for spray and suck.

Must of had ours about 4 years. Still going strong and only a few small parts replaced in that time.

problem with all these machines is if the interior has had the interior fabric protection they cant pull the dirt out,its very annoying

i use poundlands foam on the seats after wetting them and walking away from the car for a few minutes

im sure other foam cleaners are available but i just pick a few cans up if i ever go into the nearest town as i know they have them

had my machine years cant remember the make,i dont abuse it and only use it in wet mode,ie the interior gets hoovered properly before it sees my valeter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

problem with all these machines is if the interior has had the interior fabric protection they cant pull the dirt out,its very annoying

i use poundlands foam on the seats after wetting them and walking away from the car for a few minutes

im sure other foam cleaners are available but i just pick a few cans up if i ever go into the nearest town as i know they have them

had my machine years cant remember the make,i dont abuse it and only use it in wet mode,ie the interior gets hoovered properly before it sees my valeter

Cheers good idea 

Karcher is great , Puzzi model 

Powerful and weve had one 10 years , bit like triggers broom , new pipe , new switch , looks like its a battered mess now but its cleaned 1,000's of seats and carpets .

Warm solution of Brisk low foam from autosmart , never failed to clean anything yet . 

When the motor packs up I'll be having another . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Karcher is great , Puzzi model 

Powerful and weve had one 10 years , bit like triggers broom , new pipe , new switch , looks like its a battered mess now but its cleaned 1,000's of seats and carpets .

Warm solution of Brisk low foam from autosmart , never failed to clean anything yet . 

When the motor packs up I'll be having another . 

Thanks David 

Numatic, spend as much as you can to get the best, plenty machines out there but not as rugged as a numatic, or suck up as good [which is what it is all about] . only use wet. hoovers are pennies from screwfix.

rinse it out after use, never leave water in it when is winter [ freeze = damage] and use low foam cleaner, had mine years, karchers catch fire :wacko:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Numatic, spend as much as you can to get the best, plenty machines out there but not as rugged as a numatic, or suck up as good [which is what it is all about] . only use wet. hoovers are pennies from screwfix.

rinse it out after use, never leave water in it when is winter [ freeze = damage] and use low foam cleaner, had mine years, karchers catch fire :wacko:

Thanks for your advice .. much appreciated 

Screwfix "Titan" wet/dry vacuums - unbeatable and cheap.

VAX for shampooing interiors when the spray-foam won't cut it  (available as recon on eBay brand new, for under £100)...

Argos for pressure washer - look at flow rate and get a decent one for less than the price of a Karcher hose. Karchers, in my experience, don't last.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, premi-motor said:

Screwfix "Titan" wet/dry vacuums - unbeatable and cheap.

VAX for shampooing interiors when the spray-foam won't cut it  (available as recon on eBay brand new, for under £100)...

Argos for pressure washer - look at flow rate and get a decent one for less than the price of a Karcher hose. Karchers, in my experience, don't last.

Thank you for your thoughts and advice much appreciated ... 

Hi Casper got the karcher and also a numatic use the autosmart brisk low foam and its never let me down over the years... apart from the time my cleaner didn’t understand the 1:20 ratio ... was an interesting day :ph34r: 

19 minutes ago, AW Motorgroup said:

Hi Casper got the karcher and also a numatic use the autosmart brisk low foam and its never let me down over the years... apart from the time my cleaner didn’t understand the 1:20 ratio ... was an interesting day :ph34r: 

Thanks friend 

On 8/22/2019 at 10:13 PM, have a word with the wife said:

Thanks 

Titan wet vac from screw fix £70 and it’s very powerful, a hard brush and some good fabric clean. That’s all you need.

44 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Titan wet vac from screw fix £70 and it’s very powerful, a hard brush and some good fabric clean. That’s all you need.

Thanks grant much appreciated what fabric cleaner would you recommend .? 

Dont know if Currys still sell the above mentioned ones

I remember they used to do that extra guarantee for £20 that covers it for 3 years. If there is a fault take it back and get a brand new one upto same value. And it was unlimited times too.

Dont know if this gurantee is still about.

Argos do soemthing similar as well

It basically protects your £££

3 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Dont know if Currys still sell the above mentioned ones

I remember they used to do that extra guarantee for £20 that covers it for 3 years. If there is a fault take it back and get a brand new one upto same value. And it was unlimited times too.

Dont know if this gurantee is still about.

Argos do soemthing similar as well

It basically protects your £££

Thanks tango will do a bit of digging and some research ... all the best  

13 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:
13 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb430vac-1400w-30ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/70472

I’ll find the fabriclean bottle when back from holiday. But can’t recommend the Titan enough

Mine lasted well over 3 years

Thanks .. enjoy your holiday 

Edited by Casper

14 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb430vac-1400w-30ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/70472

I’ll find the fabriclean bottle when back from holiday. But can’t recommend the Titan enough

Mine lasted well over 3 years

I do a fair bit of diy and Screwfix and Toolstation sites mention a lot of good reviews on Titan products.

Both sites do provide comprehensive reviews on various products - always read the reviews and some of the negative reviews too!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I do a fair bit of diy and Screwfix and Toolstation sites mention a lot of good reviews on Titan products.

Both sites do provide comprehensive reviews on various products - always read the reviews and some of the negative reviews too!

My friend bought the smaller one for his own personal car and it is actually a good little machine 

I almost bought a karcher vac last week was half price in b&q ex display £30 seen it on Sunday went back Tuesday it was gone . Was kicking myself 

Another shout for a numatic George, Autosmart g101 or brisk with a scrubbing brush and a plastic sponge is all you need 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky13 said:

Another shout for a numatic George, Autosmart g101 or brisk with a scrubbing brush and a plastic sponge is all you need 

Cheers lucky thanks