Sign in to follow this  
David Horgan

PARKERS + HONEST JOHN GUIDES

So this morning  i get this enquiry from the highlands of Scotland .

You have a car I'd like to buy please , do you deliver to Scotland .? 

Can be arranged , its 425 miles but if its  driven up its £325 all in , Great he says , I think we have a deal .

Then he says he has to arrange finance , can we help , no problem so i propose him and its a done deal to just sign up for . 

He then " before signing " comes back to me this afternoon with , " thinks its a bit dear for the year " :rolleyes: Here we go i thought . So asks why is that then ? 

Well Parkers and Honest John say its value is £1490 less than your selling it at . 

Answer was " has Parkers or JOHN got any for sale at that price " 

I think hes still looking for them to get one in stock HAHA 

This is after he wants it with Service history , two keys , 5mm min on Branded tyres , Sat Nav , Heated Seats , Reverse Sensors , In the same colour as ours , Hand book pack too , Yes its passed all those questions , yes I've got him Finance at the requested term and monthly figures . Delivered it for nothing . Now he wants and I've just had the email to confirm he wants £1,200 off the price :o.

Told him to pop down and fetch it at that price , but be quick as my wife wants it and shes only 9ft away so the distance might be a rush to beat her offer of only £999 discount  :D

I would say not all Scottish people are tight but well we are :rolleyes::D

Dear Billy, as explained in the video and on my website, the price is the price, my cars are all sold BIN.... If you want to pay less, go and buy a lesser vehicle.

Edited by Arfur Dealy
  • Like 1

i had someone who used the  Auto trader PX tool on my fully prepped retail car and was arguing that i am far to expensive and after questioning his reasoning behind that statement he told me about the Auto trader  PX figures...........................  no amount of reasoning about our level of prep and costs for us to get it from trade to full on retail would convince him that he was wrong and his argument was fundamintally flawed.................................   some people :angry:

:rolleyes: Ah good old Parkers. At least it's that. I had a woman  screenshot me the WBAC price for one of ours, telling me we're too expensive. I hope your guy wakes up and realises with his criteria, it'll be a while before he finds another car.

When I watch customers on the cameras walking around the forecourt with a Parkers Guide, I don't even get off my seat, just wait for them to leave!

13 minutes ago, CRW said:

When I watch customers on the cameras walking around the forecourt with a Parkers Guide, I don't even get off my seat, just wait for them to leave!

really?

its the highlight of the week watching them ponce round hands cusped to look in the windows kick a few tyres then look round to see if they can find the proprietor to bug:lol:

I hear it all the time, Parker's say it's worth this... So are they going to buy it from you for that?? is my usual retort.

20 hours ago, tradegirl said:

:rolleyes: Ah good old Parkers. At least it's that. I had a woman  screenshot me the WBAC price for one of ours, telling me we're too expensive. I hope your guy wakes up and realises with his criteria, it'll be a while before he finds another car.

I love the WBAC argument. Had a gentlemen tell me a car i had for sale was only worth £1000 on WBAC but he would give me £1800 ( Like he was doing me a favour) Car was advertised for £2895 at the time :)

Mr Parkers guide has been back today :D

Tells me now that the whole trade have got it wrong and we should follow Parkers as they have been around for years :rolleyes:

So you have found others at the same price then i ask , Yes he goes but they are the same as you "greedy "

I told its him that's he's the  thief trying to steal £1500 from my kids inheritance :) and go and ask Parkers to buy him one .

His reply was Parkers don't sell cars :rolleyes:

PRECISELY my friend , its a comic like i told you :lol: 

If you deliver free its a deal then he went .

NO pal I sold it yesterday :lol::lol::lol: 

But its still on your site , yep sure is , left it there just for you and parkers to educate your selves with the correct price :D I just love it when that happens 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

But its still on your site , yep sure is , left it there just for you and parkers to educate your selves with the correct price :D I just love it when that happens 

:D

On 26/06/2019 at 4:47 PM, JA Trader said:

I love the WBAC argument. Had a gentlemen tell me a car i had for sale was only worth £1000 on WBAC but he would give me £1800 ( Like he was doing me a favour) Car was advertised for £2895 at the time :)

Haha, how generous of him. What do these people really expect? Someone to say "Oh you're right, go on then!"?

1 minute ago, tradegirl said:

Haha, how generous of him. What do these people really expect? Someone to say "Oh you're right, go on then!"?

Just had the same on an MX5

Customer ‘really wants’ a pearl white special edition one with low miles. Been looking for ages (no you haven’t)

Apparently Autotrader says it should be £1100 cheaper. (It also says I should give her much less than I offered for her Fiesta.) 

Due to the above, she says she is ‘withdrawing her interest’  What do the kids say-lol?

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Due to the above, she says she is ‘withdrawing her interest’  What do the kids say-lol?

The kids would have a photo of Robert Downey Jr rolling his eyes...Lol.

13 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Haha its brilliant i love it. Meanwhile had a customer today tell me the car i was selling was priced to cheap so there must be something wrong with it. When i asked if they would be more interested if i doubled the price they didn't seem to see the funny side. Meanwhile its still sat outside (Yes it is cheap but only because i got it cheap in  PX deal. Cant win with some people)

32 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Haha its brilliant i love it. Meanwhile had a customer today tell me the car i was selling was priced to cheap so there must be something wrong with it. When i asked if they would be more interested if i doubled the price they didn't seem to see the funny side. Meanwhile its still sat outside (Yes it is cheap but only because i got it cheap in  PX deal. Cant win with some people)

You can't win with some people. Have you tried bumping the price up?

1 minute ago, tradegirl said:

I have a viewing tomorrow morning with someone who seems to be sensible and asks the right questions. Wait and see if he takes it if not i might add a few hundred quid on see if i get any nibbles

10 hours ago, tradegirl said:

To be fair I did this with an Audi last week and sold it in two days after having it in stock for over a month.

As for Parker’s, we don’t really attract them much but do they still have the mileage adjustment tables that means you should be paying them to take away a high mileage small car?