Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

June Trading Activity

3 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Nice one Ken. :o)

Why can’t Paddy pay by transfer?

He's from Ireland, you would need the international banking numbers and codes etc, can take up to 3 days. I've just been through this with a BMW which has gone Malta :)

Edited by Arfur Dealy

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

He's from Ireland, you would need the international banking numbers and codes etc, can take up to 3 days

By the way, there is a great little app called TransferWise. Extremely simple, transfers from one country's account (and currency) to another with minimal fees and very low margin conversion. Much cheaper than him using his bank to send his Euros to my Sterling account. 

The problem is that it takes at least 1 working day, it is not instant.

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

By the way, there is a great little app called TransferWise. Extremely simple, transfers from one country's account (and currency) to another with minimal fees and very low margin conversion. Much cheaper than him using his bank to send his Euros to my Sterling account. 

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

10 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

He's from Ireland, you would need the international banking numbers and codes etc, can take up to 3 days. I've just been through this with a BMW which has gone Malta :)

If hes from NI a transfer would be fine, if he's from Ireland you would need the international banking numbers and codes etc, can take up to 3 days. I've just been through this with a BMW which has gone Malta :)

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Less than his plane ticket here by the looks of things...  

your IBAN international banking codes are listed on your business banking statement, certainly are with the lloyds.

that's not too bad, bit of a shocker the original omsp!

looks like they are being fare and i guess have to be seen to be with it being electric, 

also worth noting is that about 4 years ago the irish announced a strange move, they suddenly decided that if a car had originated from the uk and had incurred vrt on entry too ireland - if it were to leave again /come back here you could claim back a proportion of the original entry vrt bill lol, madly the next owner here could do this and not necessarily the current irish owner / exporter, at the time it didn't justify doing on most stuff but certainly did on range rover / range sport for a while when they were still strong money here. worth knowing if a client wants to drive a p/ex this way in the future:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

2 hours ago, trader555 said:

Interesting to know how many others communicate via whatsapp?

Yep. Me too

18 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I took a payment on revoult last month. Fantastic app. Irish girl who had just moved from Dubai to London and couldn't get a UK bank account for 30 days. Money received in milliseconds.........

• Like 1

We did 4 this weekend and 1 today.

very busy, 22 for this month now I think.

aiming for 30 for the month but think that is a big ask.

5 hours ago, EPV said:

Whatsapp, text, carrier pigeon, I don't care. Timewasters will ring, text and email. As will genuine customers. It's 2019 and this is how some people communicate.

Sold quite a few cars using WhatsApp desktop :) easy simple way to do business

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, awc1000 said:

- they get three months on entry to present the car for irish registration, failure to do so can lead to the car being lifted if seen in use, so in certain circumstances the customer cant meet the vrt duty after maxing out on the purchase, at this point it's not unusual for the customer to admit defeat have a change of heart and sell the car back into the u.k market, its then obviously running about with no tax and someone is holding a full v5 for it, any comebacks cameras etc will land on you first regards ownership, sorry if it sounds negative but as you can imagine it can become grief...photocopy and date time absolutely everything, even his license.;)

Not entirely true. He has 30 days to present it for re-registration. Part of the registration requires the boat ticket or transport firms invoice stating when it entered Southern Ireland. Every day that passes after the 30 days he is fined for late registration. You give him the first page of the V5 and fill out section 11 (permanent export) and submit to DVLA. Absolutely no come back then. Plus the warranty will be null and void as he's unlikely to return for anything ever!

Great to see everyone is having a good month 

What kind of numbers of stock are yous guys carrying vs sold units?

We have are on 56 This month and have 100 Online.

We have done 50+ every month so far this year with 75 Units but stepped up to 100 units this month for the first time

Phenomenal month here and ended up with 54 cars being sold.  

Best to date and now we start again with 0 and have to work our asses off to do the same again.

6 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Best to date and now we start again with 0 and have to work our asses off to do the same again.

AWESOME Rory and TeamRS ! Well done 

19 minutes ago, tradex said:

June ended up as not too bad here, bearing in mind I'm very much winding down and very much on a smaller scale now.

Quite a few issues on prepping stock with some real oddball problems and I do know my way around a car.

......so 9 for the month, plus one motorcycle, now to replace them:rolleyes:

Replacing them is always the biggest headache. Usually only carry around 20 units, but currently sat here with 10. June turned out ok, but just a total nightmare finding decent stock. I use all the normal sources, but most stock available at the moment seems to need a lot of prep. No point in having 10 waiting for prep, I need practically retail ready stuff!

1 hour ago, CRW said:

Replacing them is always the biggest headache. Usually only carry around 20 units, but currently sat here with 10. June turned out ok, but just a total nightmare finding decent stock. I use all the normal sources, but most stock available at the moment seems to need a lot of prep. No point in having 10 waiting for prep, I need practically retail ready stuff!

I can let you have a load of practically retail ready stock.

I only want practically retail for it. :D

20 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

I can let you have a load of practically retail ready stock.

I only want practically retail for it. :D

I was waiting for that!! :lol:

12 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Well done Rory ;)

Best month of the year so far, 14 sold from an average of 11, great stats and very good margins, but most importantly not one moment of my time wasted on a "no show" or "just wanna av a look". All pre-paid deposited and collected on time as managed. And since stopping all weekend collections from April, every car was collected by 4pm Monday to Friday only.  :)

15 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Best month of the year so far, 14 sold from an average of 11, great stats and very good margins, but most importantly not one moment of my time wasted on a "no show" or "just wanna av a look". All pre-paid deposited and collected on time as managed. And since stopping all weekend collections from April, every car was collected by 4pm Monday to Friday only.  :)

Nice work if you can get it Simon! No weekends at all anymore? 

Just now, Dealer said:

Nice work if you can get it Simon! No weekends at all anymore? 

Dealer. I have a static just outside of Newquay, the site is open from from March til December, so we make the most of every weekend, family time making memories..... The sea has been flat the last two weekends........

If the weekend weather is guaranteed horrendous, I might allow a weekend collection, but its not happened since April :)

We finished on 29 for the month which is our best ever - we have done 5 this week so hoping to break 30 this month. I think we have 36 in stock

9 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We finished on 29 for the month which is our best ever - we have done 5 this week so hoping to break 30 this month. I think we have 36 in stock

Excellent, go for it ;)

That is certainly a good turn of stock

Cheers boys. We have been buying a fair few without logbooks as you can get them so much cheaper! But it’s just the 5 week wait which is a ball ache!

18 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Cheers boys. We have been buying a fair few without logbooks as you can get them so much cheaper! But it’s just the 5 week wait which is a ball ache!

Do you check for *in trade" first?