1 hour ago, Stalker said:

Well, Ive just dipped my toe in the water and bought a Nissan Leaf (To Retail).

Next step, go on a training course :wacko:

dont go if you have a pacemaker, in fact dont use a miniducter also:D

50 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

dont go if you have a pacemaker, in fact dont use a miniducter also:D

Noted :lol:

14 hours ago, Mistermuttley said:
On 11/06/2019 at 8:02 AM, tradex said:

Friend of mine has a 16 plate Leaf and he won't go to Mundesley and back from here, that means an 80 mile round trip.

....does he have a problem with his or is that the norm?

30kw leaf

30kW ? ......................... 30kW ? ..........................

Fuck me, my 5.5 V8 is almost 500kW and pretty damn quick, which must mean that an Electric Leaf is about as much fun as a blow job off a bear :lol:

2 hours ago, Stalker said:

Well, Ive just dipped my toe in the water and bought a Nissan Leaf (To Retail).

Next step, go on a training course :wacko:

I am doing something very similar right now ;)

13 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

We have a shitty government that will not turn round and say when china and poland [etc] stop throwing shite up in air then we will, and not until.

Absolutely +1

Edited by Dave2302

I think they call it 'range anxiety'. I wonder how many people do more than 80 miles a day? (as a percentage of drivers) 11 miles to work for me.

Edited by NOACROSS

57 minutes ago, tradex said:

Range anxiety, I like that:lol:.....I'll pass that on. 

Someone will come up with Range Anxiety pills,the new legal high for raves and E car owners.Service managers could include them with their service packages.....I am watching the pitch this week,it is still pissing down,DMS down,so no trade and ....plenty of people bringing in rough cars to bid on,great fun not !

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

Someone will come up with Range Anxiety pills,the new legal high for raves and E car owners.Service managers could include them with their service packages.....I am watching the pitch this week,it is still pissing down,DMS down,so no trade and ....plenty of people bringing in rough cars to bid on,great fun not !

Ha-brill.  Same here.  Do have fully functioning system. No rain though- or punters. Have been offered a 2003 Suzuki Wagon R. How exciting- as you say: not.

Can I make it as far as three o'clock I wonder..

• Like 1

I bought my lap top home yesterday as the weather is appauling and yesterday only one person came (and bought).  So glad I am sat at home, walked the dog and watching the unit and forecourt via CCTV - no one has ventured near, so right decision so far.

Rights and wrongs of EVs? All I'm bothered about is being able to get where I want, when I want, which is the same as when I bought a £300 Datsun Cherry when I was 17. And 90% of Joe Public are the same. As long as I can sell profitably, thats all that matters, and EVs will be profitable, some more than others, as is the case now.

Are they the right things to have? From a direct pollution (the fumes at the roadside) perspective absolutely. As an example, we were away in our caravan over may bank holiday and the chap next door had turned up in his w reg MG Midget. When he drove it past my kids (10 and 8 years old) were covering their faces because of the fumes. And thats what we all grew up with. So we've come a long way, because a new petrol or diesel is so much better than that, but when it goes that bit further with all the EVs how much nicer will that be? 

Unless you live next to the coal power station producing the electricity.......

• Like 1

Talking electric, just been watching the isle of man TT and an electric bike has just done a top speed of 176mph and an average lap speed of 121mph on the 37mile 1 lap race, amazing.

Edited by Row

39 minutes ago, tradex said:

They were faster top end than the stocks, amazing as they are carrying so much more weight, I think they come in at 245kg average?

It is only a one lap race isn't it? 

Yeah one lap at the moment as they want them to keep the power cranked up, to keep up the quick average lap times-rather than turn them down and have more laps. Mind you, one lap is what- 37 odd miles. 

Mugen team /technology is way ahead of the others is the issue. Amazing bit of kit.

(Might have been John McGuiness’ last TT, ride & he came second.)

So, these charging points, where are they in my village ? where are they going to be in that block of flats, no drive roadside houses etc ? bit of work to be done yet i think !

wood pellets drive power stations, wood all the way from germany / usa, joke ! 

Onto chargers, this is from gov website =  The chargepoint must have appropriate security measures to ensure that its functions are resilient to cyber-attack. The chargepoint must ensure that any communications are exchanged in a secure manner with an appropriate level of encryption to prevent interception by an un-authorised third party.

So if you can hack the chargers, you stop the country in 1 day flat ! joke !

and the chargers, fitted by "suppliers" are only guaranteed 3 years so you must add this "cost" after 3 years, you can only use a contractor registered through the Highways and Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS).

seems like a job to be in maybe ? :rolleyes:

The looks and style of the Hyundai car is decent. The mileage of Grand i10 Sportz model is very poor. The buyers are misinformed deliberately by informing wrong mileage. Car gives 9 Kmpl in local and 11.5 to 12 Kmpl on highway. Besides this braking system is dangerous. It gives sudden jerk and may damage backbone. Earlier, I owned Santro and Verna but never faced problem with brakes. The pickup is just fine if not great. The best part that I loved in the Hyundai Grand i10 is the Key less entry.