Sign in to follow this  
Tony911

New portal autotrader

I've served notice (was going to any way but that was the icing on the cake).

Package runs for 30 days and Ebay is completely dominating leads, so hopefully the right decision.

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Package runs for 30 days and Ebay is completely dominating leads, so hopefully the right decision.

Mark it's not that hard to use is it? What you selling on eBay £1500 and under or everything?

20 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Mark it's not that hard to use is it? What you selling on eBay £1500 and under or everything?

It's a combination of things Tony - last 3 months have been slow and AT's response is always to increase my package to maximise exposure hence me paying £1000 + VAT for 7 cars.  I don't like the markers because they don't take in to account the amount of prep/low owners/service history etc over the park and mark brigade.  And advertising less than half my stock is not sustainable - then the new portal = game over.

Ebay, I advertise everything and sold a car on day 1 (V50 on Finance at Full Asking) and have had a nice level of enquiries vs. AT for £333 for 13 cars.  FB is £25 month for autofeed unlimited cars and had 3 enquiries so far (one wanted to view at the weekend but I was away).

The maths just do not add up.

I suggested to AT rep that I reduce my premium package to a lesser level but increase stock - their answer, it won't work unless I reduce the prices of all my stock (race to the bottom IMO) or add pay per click to each vehicle to enable featured.  So ultimately, they recommnded Advance package, 10 cars (+ 3 of those 10) on PPClick = £1300 + VAT.

So still be £130+ VAT per car per month vs. £26 + VAT on Ebay.

Time to give other platforms an opportunity.

Edited by Mark101

20 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Tony Hi- ebay Mpro sells all values, and I don't have anything under three grand usually.  Have sold 20k cars on there over the past many years. ebay auction is a totally different matter I'm sure & I haven't done an ebay auction in many years. 

31 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Totally confused , cant find diddly squat anymore 

Figured it out. When you click on 1 of your adverts under the price there is a edit if you click on there everything is revielled:)

28 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

It's a combination of things Tony - last 3 months have been slow and AT's response is always to increase my package to maximise exposure hence me paying £1000 + VAT for 7 cars.  I don't like the markers because they don't take in to account the amount of prep/low owners/service history etc over the park and mark brigade.  And advertising less than half my stock is not sustainable - then the new portal = game over.

Ebay, I advertise everything and sold a car on day 1 (V50 on Finance at Full Asking) and have had a nice level of enquiries vs. AT for £333 for 13 cars.  FB is £25 month for autofeed unlimited cars and had 3 enquiries so far (one wanted to view at the weekend but I was away).

The maths just do not add up.

I suggested to AT rep that I reduce my premium package to a lesser level but increase stock - their answer, it won't work unless I reduce the prices of all my stock (race to the bottom IMO) or add pay per click to each vehicle to enable featured.  So ultimately, they recommnded Advance package, 10 cars (+ 3 of those 10) on PPClick = £1300 + VAT.

So still be £130+ VAT per car per month vs. £26 + VAT on Ebay.

Time to give other platforms an opportunity.

Let us know how you get on within the next few months might give eBay motors a chance

26 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Tony Hi- ebay Mpro sells all values, and I don't have anything under three grand usually.  Have sold 20k cars on there over the past many years. ebay auction is a totally different matter I'm sure & I haven't done an ebay auction in many years. 

Replaced a headlight on a 2012 audi a3 as it was cracked and put it on eBay for £20 as it was drl headlight thought it would sell finally somebody bought it but never showed up. The last time we sold a car on eBay was about 6 years ago honda s200 somebody bid pressed buy it now and then didn't show up and had the nerve to report us to eBay that car was not as described. Never bothered since maybe it has changed but my word there is a lot of idiots on eBay I only find it good for buying parts

17 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Never bothered since maybe it has changed but my word there is a lot of idiots on eBay I only find it good for buying parts

I wouldnt bother going on I'm coming off its crap. 

34 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Figured it out. When you click on 1 of your adverts under the price there is a edit if you click on there everything is revielled:)

Let us know how you get on within the next few months might give eBay motors a chance

Replaced a headlight on a 2012 audi a3 as it was cracked and put it on eBay for £20 as it was drl headlight thought it would sell finally somebody bought it but never showed up. The last time we sold a car on eBay was about 6 years ago honda s200 somebody bid pressed buy it now and then didn't show up and had the nerve to report us to eBay that car was not as described. Never bothered since maybe it has changed but my word there is a lot of idiots on eBay I only find it good for buying parts

Ebay auction maybe. Ebay motors pro (classified listing) no more than autoraper. 

Sold a 10 k Mini last week to a late 60’s year old lady for example. 

Crap it certainly isn’t in my experience. You do need to annotate your ads/subheadings and enable best offer etc. 

Edited by NOACROSS

6 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

You do need to annotate your ads/subheadings and enable best offer etc. 

Isn't enabling Best Offer an almost certain guarantee that you won't get full price when they turn up?

We've had this before and no ;oP

You can auto set a limit/figure where it auto declines idiot offers.  I don't do this as I quite enjoy the (very, very) occasional stupid offer.  You don't have to reply obviously and if you auto set it, then you don't even get notified of it.  Enabling Best offer gets you to come up better when they search.

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Mark, please let me know how you get on with this as it's something I've been contemplating for a while now, just been apprehensive and always fear that if i did then i may as well shut the gates. 

2 minutes ago, Dealer said:

Mark, please let me know how you get on with this as it's something I've been contemplating for a while now, just been apprehensive and always fear that if i did then i may as well shut the gates. 

Of course, no problem - do prompt me if I forget.

mate of mine went into the portal last friday and no one has seen him since:huh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Cheers  Tony , took me weeks to find that :lol:

its also showing finance on some cars and mileage discrepancies that are not on HPI

12 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

its also showing finance on some cars and mileage discrepancies that are not on HPI

Yes you are right got 2 cars showing on experian finance but on hpi clear

28 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Yes you are right got 2 cars showing on experian finance but on hpi clear

I've also got alerts on vehicles and spent this morning calling to see why markers haven't been cleared etc. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me 

12 hours ago, Dealer said:

I've also got alerts on vehicles and spent this morning calling to see why markers haven't been cleared etc. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me 

Yes, I have just noticed some of mine are now showing outstanding finance! How did you get on when calling them? 

its a waste of time they won't be interested, did anyone ever test this out at autotrader????