Scooby who

Used Cars Lancs Ltd

Anybody heard of, or used this company: 'used cars lancs limited' ?

Just stumbled upon their website, their cars are underpriced and too good to be true. If it's a scam how have they gotten away so long, seem to up and running quiet a while from my investigations. If not what am I missing?

Surely someone on here knows something about them

Edited by Scooby who

Hi, same really, looking to buy a car for my mum but nervous as the price and range with low mileage seems too good to be true from used cars lancs limited. Anyone got any info about them? Or experience of buying from them? They are a long way from me so hard to go and visit which is what I could do if it looks genuine... anyone?? 

Thank you and really appreciated 

Same question here. What's the score. Very tempted at the moment. Read the FAQs etc and it seems that they've been trading for about 10 years. Too good to be true??

Repo car sales by the look of it but there Facebook page has only been going for less than 2 weeks and a fair few angry icons left on the listings

Ah. Didn't think of checking FB. Ta. 

Website says they deliver the car and give you 3 days to decide wether to keep it or not. 

Although most of the angry faces  are from the same 2 people. Hmmm

Yeah.  You pay 1st and then get 3 days or something.  Deliver free too!!!  All sounds too good to be true though.  However I know dealers that get bulk repo cars and the profit is big so I see how this company could be working.

just need people who’ve dealt with them to give honest feedback

On 01/03/2019 at 9:27 PM, SLL28 said:

I've messaged you 

Could you message me?

Yeah. Kind of sounds feasible. But why have we never come across them before? Lol

i saw a random car they put in autotrader and followed the link to their website. All the cars I've seen are about £1500 less than I'd find on autotrader. 

If any of you are stupid enough to pay upfront for a car you haven’t seen off a company with no visible reputation then you deserve everything you get.

Heres some advice from a car trader: cheap = shit and if it looks too good to be true it definitely is.

I'm only 1/2 hour away from them so in theory could visit...if that's an option? I've emailed them to ask. 

• Like 1

Seems it’s a scam!  I’ve looked into it and the so called owner has gone from assets of 300,000 to 55,000 and cash in the bank from £155,000 to £353 on companies house.  No recent accounts either.  Spoke to a guy on Facebook and he said he has a mate that was scammed.  Plus the websites a fake as no one speaks to you over the phone. 

Boo. Scam!

Too good to be true as mojo said. 

Guess no one will reply to my email then. Lol. 

Bastards!

Cant believe any adult would even believe this could be true

utter morons.

1 hour ago, Dan W said:

Cant believe any adult would even believe this could be true

utter morons.

We live in a world where people are so greedy, they will fall for this kind of trickery nowadays.

• Like 1

https://used-carslancs.co.uk/about

I love this staff photo on the about page. Who knows what tech company or a university this was and the two cars in the background look photoshopped. Stoled images on all their car listing as well. Good work. 

• Like 1

I wouldnt buy anything from Burnley EVER

100% scam scumbags, stock pictures all lifted from elsewhere,  - confirmed by fellow trader having one lifted!, they are onto it, hopefully these goons will get a visit from old bill.

I have to say,the bullshit is very good.They appear to have been operating for several years ?

So yes of course it is a scam!

I've received 4 private Messages from people who have handed over money or were about to.

One retired lady was relieved of £9200 only for the car to never arrive,

Another young chap bought a Mini for 2500 and only then after speaking with me realised it may be a scam. The following day he got in contact with his bank to revoke the payment and then sent me this message:

''Got the truth from the garage next door. Basically it was a company, his friends company to be precise but he doesn't do that anymore. Some fraudsters have basically added a hyphen in between the words to set up a new website. The garage next door said he gets multiple calls and people who have actually paid like 10 grand coming to pick up cars but obviously there are no cars! The Lancashire police know about it but the website is still up! 

So it turns out that some fraud has found a legit registered car sales company who were up and running since 2009, had filed returns year on year, had a vat number and a registered address in Burnley but had recently ran into trouble and were no longer trading.

They basically used there business name and business identity and put together a fake website with lots of nice low mileage desirable cars and underpriced them by at least £1500 if not double that in some cases. The cars photo'd are, or were at one stage legit cars for sale. If you run the reg. on HPI everything seems genuine.

However if you examine the website further, terms and conditions are really too good to be true.

There is no contact number (alarm bell)

You cant view the cars first (siren)

You must pay by bank transfer not credit card (fog horn)

Also their story of the cars being financial institution repos, while plausible, doesn't fit it in todays car sales industry. Why not just send them all off to BCA where you are guaranteed £2000 more, no dealing with Joe Public and all sold within days.

So the old saying still applies 'IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS!'

Edited by Scooby who
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

https://used-carslancs.co.uk/about

I love this staff photo on the about page. Who knows what tech company or a university this was and the two cars in the background look photoshopped. Stoled images on all their car listing as well. Good work. 

More like a photo taken after a speed dating gathering . Almost 50/50 gender divide. With a prize of two new cars for the first couple who get hitched :-)) 

Edited by Scooby who
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scooby who said:

So yes of course it is a scam!

I've received 4 private Messages from people who have handed over money or were about to.

One retired lady was relieved of £9200 only for the car to never arrive,

Another young chap bought a Mini for 2500 and only then after speaking with me realised it may be a scam. The following day he got in contact with his bank to revoke the payment and then sent me this message:

''Got the truth from the garage next door. Basically it was a company, his friends company to be precise but he doesn't do that anymore. Some fraudsters have basically added a hyphen in between the words to set up a new website. The garage next door said he gets multiple calls and people who have actually paid like 10 grand coming to pick up cars but obviously there are no cars! The Lancashire police know about it but the website is still up! 

So it turns out that some fraud has found a legit registered car sales company who were up and running since 2009, had filed returns year on year, had a vat number and a registered address in Burnley but had recently ran into trouble and were no longer trading.

They basically used there business name and business identity and put together a fake website with lots of nice low mileage desirable cars and underpriced them by at least £1500 if not double that in some cases. The cars photo'd are, or were at one stage legit cars for sale. If you run the reg. on HPI everything seems genuine.

However if you examine the website further, terms and conditions are really too good to be true.

There is no contact number (alarm bell)

You cant view the cars first (siren)

You must pay by bank transfer not credit card (fog horn)

Also their story of the cars being financial institution repos, while plausible, doesn't fit it in todays car sales industry. Why not just send them all off to BCA where you are guaranteed £2000 more, no dealing with Joe Public and all sold within days.

So the old saying still applies 'IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS!'

And what make are these people,the Police might not bother unless they are white ex public school.Anyway it looks like internet fraud and that is apparently expensive to prosecute these days and the average jury does not understand fraud cases.....Police careers may be at stake if costly cases are lost......I am not making this up !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trade vet said:

unless they are white ex public school.

More likely Black, Nigerian, no education, good computer skills. living in Nigeria and working from an internet café. 100% chance of not being apprehended, let alone convicted