ExCouncilJobsworth

Rude email from BCA

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

It’s BCA Simon but the answers will be not that many and no. 

How is the finance only strategy going on? 

Starting to wonder for your mental health Nick. The spontaneous random threads from finance only to issuing cheap obd readers are random times of the day... Mid life breakdown? Poor family relationship?

Exactly what i meant a few days ago when I said i rather earn something decent and live a healthy life than breath eat shit talk cars...

7 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Starting to wonder for your mental health Nick. The spontaneous random threads from finance only to issuing cheap obd readers are random times of the day... Mid life breakdown? Poor family relationship?

Exactly what i meant a few days ago when I said i rather earn something decent and live a healthy life than breath eat shit talk cars...

That’s not very respectful ECJ. Are you having a bad day.... I suggest you take a breath and a big step backwards....

I’ve respected your input here and valued it. Don’t burn your bridges.

Edited by Arfur Dealy

As stated earlier if different coloured cards offer you x days to pay and x days to collect then you should be left to it.

If you dont then you will be charged accordingly. I can fully understand if a car has been left for 2 weeks without payment and or collection. Yes call them. But if you're in your allowance why call up?

That was my original query but some boys with their pals on here always like to corner others on these forum very quickly (especially new members). Sorry to disappoint you boys but that sort of shit dont work with me ^_^

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

That’s not very respectful ECJ. Are you having a bad day.... I suggest you take a breath and a bid step backwards....

I’ve respected your input here and valued it. Don’t burn your bridges.

Perhaps you should go over the thread AD. Certain members on here always like to pounce.

Am simply spelling the obvious out. 

As i always state treat others how they treat you. AND treat others how you want to be treated.

Am fine am just sick of the selected few on here that like to pounce on others threads just to take the piss and newbies always get slaughterd... And most leave saying "how can new members join"

Again i am pointing the obvious out. Like it or lump it mate but i dont take bs.

3 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

As stated earlier if different coloured cards offer you x days to pay and x days to collect then you should be left to it.

If you dont then you will be charged accordingly. I can fully understand if a car has been left for 2 weeks without payment and or collection. Yes call them. But if you're in your allowance why call up?

That was my original query but some boys with their pals on here always like to corner others on these forum very quickly (especially new members). Sorry to disappoint you boys but that sort of shit dont work with me ^_^

I don’t like your tone. 

18 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

It’s BCA Simon but the answers will be not that many and no. 

BCA. soz

That’s not tone Simon. That’s drivel. 

There is a good reason boys have pals and others don’t.

So long ECJ. 

15 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I don’t like your tone. 

BCA. soz

15 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I don’t like your tone. 

BCA. soz

You dont like my tone because am pointing out the obvious?

Well Simon Pearce i dont like your tone when you demand an "introduction" from newbies.

If you dont like mine then call 999.

Getting sick of the attitude of Certain members on here thinking they can trample on others

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

That’s not tone Simon. That’s drivel. 

There is a good reason boys have pals and others don’t.

So long ECJ. 

Oh i feel left out Mr grumpy bulgarian who thinks hes always right. 

You instigated this. Trying to look down on me earlier saying i dont know business principles as am an ex council fella.. And now you cannot handle the retaliation? Perhaps you learn to inspect a car properly before taking it in part ex and then it doesnt fire up..and you sit on here moan about it...

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth

1 minute ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

You dont like my tone because am pointing out the obvious?

Well Simon Pearce i dont like your tone when you demand an "introduction" from newbies.

If you dont like mine then call 999.

Getting sick of the attitude of Certain members on here thinking they can trample on others

I’ve supported you as member from your joining. 

I buy 3 to 6 cars a week from BCA, I attend the auction, very rarely I will buy online. We always have BCA ring the next day to confirm purchases,  don't think it's rude of them to confirm of my bids / purchases, in fact I think it helps buyers as well. I once had a car booked to me, I didn't bid on it, I remember I said to them I wouldn't even look at that let alone bid on it. They removed it from my account without any further questions. I find BCA quite polite and helpfull, been buying from them 20+ years.

It's all about making sure the vehicles go to the correct winning bidder for them and know that motor is sold.

You'll get used to it.

I was recently asked to do a survey of our local BCA and make suggestions.As they are usually very helpfull,I had little negative stuff to mention apart from the usual, like time taken to find and extract blocked in vehicles in relation to buyers fees.Also the time it takes when you are left waiting at the gate behind a BCA wagon while security check off the load.My argument was that it should be done in the yard because it is their own wagon.What you have got to remember is that counter staff and management do get a lot of abuse from traders.Another good tip for newbies is always be friendly with the provisionals people and they will try harder for you.

30 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I was recently asked to do a survey of our local BCA and make suggestions.As they are usually very helpfull,I had little negative stuff to mention apart from the usual, like time taken to find and extract blocked in vehicles in relation to buyers fees.Also the time it takes when you are left waiting at the gate behind a BCA wagon while security check off the load.My argument was that it should be done in the yard because it is their own wagon.What you have got to remember is that counter staff and management do get a lot of abuse from traders.Another good tip for newbies is always be friendly with the provisionals people and they will try harder for you.

THIS

11 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

That's very personal and very out of order. Niks a top bloke and someone I have a lot of time for, constantly seeking change and new ways to adapt and evolve his business. A smart switched on trader.

BCA (non) ISSUE. 

Never had an email confirming the car purchases via email for online or in branch purchase. Maybe it was a provisional that got accepted, I would sooner get an email than be ringing chasing up to find out if I got my cars tbh.   Of all the shit in the last 24hours thats annoyed me that would not even have registered.

Lads, We are all in the trade, we can have differences of opinion but let's stick together eh? 

The world is full of people who hate big bad car dealers so let's just try to get on.

This is spoken as a fairly newish member on here who appreciates the knowledge sharing and banter that goes on most of the time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankieola said:

Lads, We are all in the trade, we can have differences of opinion but let's stick together eh? 

The world is full of people who hate big bad car dealers so let's just try to get on.

This is spoken as a fairly newish member on here who appreciates the knowledge sharing and banter that goes on most of the time. 

Absolutely.  However, sometimes a spade has to be called a spade & sometimes a Hen is actually a Cock.

4 minutes ago, C B said:

What's Nicks nationality got to do with your differences? 

The most helpful trader I know. I've never met him but the lengths he goes to to help off the forum are unreal. 

If you want to cast stereotypes I think the real issue would be an ex council employee that's been let of the lead. There was nothing wrong with BCA's email, you should be accustomed to awkward, unfriendly and none helpful staff by?

Plus one. Another vote from me for Nick and Simon.  Have never met either or even spoken to either, but their selfless help on here is admirable- as well as their politeness and tone.

Thanks for the kind words chaps. 

The not-so-kind ones will promptly be ignored on a permanent basis. 

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

My thoughts precisely. Will leave him to argue with the mirror from now on. 'You Talkin' To Me?!....'

I echo the comments about Nick but also to the other regulars in particluar, NOA, EPV, AD, TV, Tradex, Dave 90210245374856521436485071Sunseeker/Ferrari/Gearbox

All helped me enormously and I am very thankful.

Had a spat at me on one thread too but I am not interested in retaliation.

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • ExCouncilJobsworth
  • Members
  • 265 posts
On 09/02/2019 at 2:08 PM, Mark101 said:

Thanks mate - it's rarity that people phone to thank and to be honest when I saw the number come up..........................but it was just to say thank you.

Clearly that suspicious mentality is embedded. This is why traders are hated upon and are known to just take your money. 

People treat others how you treat them. 

+ 1  found the forum most helpful, enlightening and friendly... Thanks to all that participate and share their expereince(s) FOC!... 

I'd say BCA just want their sites cleared of purchased cars ASAP, always see cars lying around in various places with stickers saying remove in 24hrs or else.... Should imagine their daily throughout of vehicles, lack of space, means they need everything shifting and pronto so they can auction more bargains.. well the odd one or two....  

I don't get what nicks nationallity has got to do with anything! Just ignorant I have found nick to be very helpful when needed he seems to know what he's on about fair play to nick :)

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Ditto

16 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

I don't get what nicks nationallity has got to do with anything! Just ignorant I have found nick to be very helpful when needed he seems to know what he's on about fair play to nick :)

Spot on Tony ;)

• Like 1

Where is EPV? Hols? I'm missing his frank input here.

Edited by NOACROSS

31 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Where is EPV? Hols? I'm missing his frank input here.

Hols?   That’s no excuse,I am in Mallorca now.