Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Fiat 500

Guy wants me to take his 500 in chop but I’ve never had one of these as everyone I talk to slates them. Anyone do ok with these?

Sooooo many out there to pick from imo its a race to the bottom. Thats on top of the odd ball issues they sometimes come with

Just now, justina3 said:

Sooooo many out there to pick from imo its a race to the bottom. Thats on top of the odd ball issues they sometimes come with

Yeah. Need to have an edge with spec. or colour (not pink as AD will testify to). 

I’ve sold them and have been OK, but have been low miles. 

Need to bid him in the unmentionables for it. What’s the age and mileage etc?

58 with 62 on clock in white. I just get so many sticking around now I get a little cautious. Not like the good old days. I’m sure this will be my last year.

5 minutes ago, Pip said:

58 with 62 on clock in white. I just get so many sticking around now I get a little cautious. Not like the good old days. I’m sure this will be my last year.

check its mot history

also check the rear axle carefully where the springs sit in the cups

basically if its white 58 plate grey interior and boring wheeltrims get it a birthday card now unless you price it till the phone melts

whoops sorry forgot to mention the rear axle which is made out of tissue paper 

Door handles fall off , front suspension is weak and requires sub frame off to fix , misfires , coil packs , gear linkages . Seats are usually badly marked , Cack is a description I'd use for the little bleeders , They dont sell "period " unless you can nick it . 

Used to sell loads and pay over book for em then people learned just how bad they are :(, NOW we pay bottom book minus £600 plus reduction for condition  :ph34r: unless the owner is insulted you've paid to much . Still don't earn much by the time you have fixed its problems . 

It has to be a Lounge and white to even get interest , if its blue, red , green or god help pink , it will make a better garden ornament 

I sell these on a 15/16 plate no problem in smooth mint! sell very well and I'm just up the road from a fiat main dealer. Price them keenly and they go. 

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

I sell these on a 15/16 plate no problem in smooth mint! sell very well and I'm just up the road from a fiat main dealer. Price them keenly and they go. 

We are exactly the same, 13-16 plates usually fly out and no major issues 

I like them and buy them, but i do find them slow sellers.Typically i get anything from 08 to 13 plate. As others have said Lounge models sell quicker and alloys help. Check the door handles and also check the rear hatch release as the pins that secure the handle come out and you can then unlock the boot with the keyfob but not with the handle. Easy fix though ,just take off the handle and re-insert the pins and oil them.There is a youtube video showing this. If you have a battery tester check the battery condition as well as a weak battery can give you steering fault and start/stop fault messages.                                                                                                                                                                                             Watch out for the 95bhp multijet version as if you have to replace the glowplugs its a turbo and cat' off job as they are in the way of the glowplugs.

58-plate? It’ll probably be on its last legs by now.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

58-plate? It’ll probably be on its last legs by now.

yes but at this age theycan be good news if bought right

sorted

sold at a realistic price

good thing is engines are nigh bulletproof

gearboxes a bit suspect mind:D

31 minutes ago, tradex said:

I note there was a 500 Twin Air on DA week or two ago, with an engine problem....running on 2 apparently:rolleyes: I shit you not

What is the biggest surprise.

That they didn’t realise it was 2 cylinders or the fact they declared the “fault”

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Bullet proof 1.2's, but from what I hear the twin air's are tired by 60K, is this a fair comment, as they are not my bag?

I note there was a 500 Twin Air on DA week or two ago, with an engine problem....running on 2 apparently:rolleyes: I shit you not

i wouldnt touch one i look under a bonnet see that twinnyairyfilter and click away from the crime