Sign in to follow this  
RJEauto

Can you believe it?!

Things started picking back up this week, few enquiries and 2 sales

Then this morning a customer emailed to enquire if we take PX's, we do

Customer then turns up half an hour before closing unannounced with 5 other adults and 4 children in 3 different cars, all to view a £2200 C Max! All the while we had a gentleman viewing a £17k Range Rover!

Kids were running wild, then said customer wanted £5500 for her 2009 SE 330i which booked at £4100. I honestly couldn't believe it.

Have any of you experienced anything to this extreme before!? Surely you don't need 10 people to buy 1 car!

They go everywhere together. 

What I have found is that Pakistani customers always come in threes and they are all brothers. Wifes don’t have to approve the purchase. 

I usually leave one of the three to do my job convincing the other two that they should buy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

They go everywhere together. 

What I have found is that Pakistani customers always come in threes and they are all brothers. Wifes don’t have to approve the purchase. 

I usually leave one of the three to do my job convincing the other two that they should buy.

Not always. 

I've had 2s.

It does make sense to travel in group of 4...especially for a long drive so there's 2 People in each car.

Those that dont do long drives alone often can find it tiresome and boring.

Too many dealers never understand from the other viewpoint they always expect single people to turn up or a max of 2;)

I wasn’t complaining. 

When more people turn up there is often pressure on the decision maker to buy and that never comes from me. 

funny how you finally get down to a price all parties are happy with but then they try to shortchange you

or start bartering again

these types of customer really do my nut in

They were eastern European, not sure where from specifically. I honestly couldn't believe it.

I've dealt with mum's/dad's/friends/second pair of eyes but 10 people is just mental. I didn't have enough seats for them lol

I sold a shitty 53 plate c max for 450 to 9 of morecambes finest travelling community last week, 9 of them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RJEauto said:

They were eastern European, not sure where from specifically. I honestly couldn't believe it.

I've dealt with mum's/dad's/friends/second pair of eyes but 10 people is just mental. I didn't have enough seats for them lol

If they are fat and women wear long skirts they're romanians.

If they're generally looking neat they're polish

Polish are top end of scale

Romanian bottom end

Everything else falls in between

:lol:

I used to always find it hard work when you had a ‘Chinese delegation’ in viewing.Lots of noise amongst them but you would persevere because you knew they would be carrying a lump of cash.

I know someone with a lovely showroom and super mint stock.An elderly couple came in with their greyhound/whippet type dog and they were opening rear doors and letting the dog jump in and out.He asked them what they were doing and they said they were showing the dog the cars.He didn’t know what to say so he went back to his desk to think about it.A few minutes later they come over and say something like,the dog loves the blue one,we will have that one and produced a wad of cash from a plastic bag.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, boring dave said:

funny how you finally get down to a price all parties are happy with but then they try to shortchange you

or start bartering again

these types of customer really do my nut in

they don't get to view, life's too short

And if they all look like models and don’t haggle they are Bulgarian. The easiest customers ever. Very difficult to please if they are car dealers though. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

they don't get to view, life's too short

agreed but often you  will get a female on the phone with impeccable spoken english

from the shires of course

one cannot always tell the plums from the apples

7 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

And if they all look like models and don’t haggle they are Bulgarian. The easiest customers ever. Very difficult to please if they are car dealers though. 

I class them fractionally above and sometimes on par with Romanians on my Euro-meter

20 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Are you a hand model :lol:

On 20/01/2019 at 4:44 PM, Nick M.K. said:

That is the truth! I used to “know” a Bulgarian girl, she was pretty girl but when she showed me her Facebook friends I felt severely short changed :o

On 20/01/2019 at 4:44 PM, Nick M.K. said:

We have two Bulgarians Nick separate people who have become life long friends , Come for servicing from 100 miles away ,  want everything doing to the cars too . Great people , great customers . Stunning wife I must say :D

Like my Jocks, they appreciate the value of looking after their Car and it will look after you !!

Unlike the many many many that drive them to destruction and then expect a Trader to give them a good px valuation for what is actually a totally fucked ELV Car !! 

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Like my Jocks, they appreciate the value of looking after their Car and it will look after you !!

Unlike the many many many that drive them to destruction and then expect a Trader to give them a good px valuation for what is actually a totally fucked ELV Car !! 

I'm not just saying this cos Nik's a mate but any Bulgarian I've met has been top notch. Sold a Jag XF to one, he wanted it, paid for it, left me a good review ain't heard from him since.