Sign in to follow this  
MattR

another lead from car gurus!

And it is a real one because i've just spoken to them on the phone!

I actually sold one from a cargurus lead in between xmas and new year. I have the free package where they have to contact by email and you dont get anything apart from a car gurus email address to reply to , but its getting a fair bit of response so far. I know its been discussed before, but for the people who do well from cargurus, is it the free package or a paid for one?

We have a free car guru with our web site .

Fuuking useless would be my thoughts .

Before Christmas they called , upgrade for free , ok then lets try it .

Fuuking useless would be my thoughts yet again . 

Made no difference , all sold cars went via Auto Trader .

I remember some fool getting in touch via the silly email system saying I'd had this car 4 weeks on sale as it tells you on CG and he could offer £6,000 " It was £8,495 " to prevent me from having to pay interest on the bank overdraft , 

Cheeky bastard . 

Bet his ears are still bleeding from my reply :o "dick head "

18 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I remember some fool getting in touch via the silly email system saying I'd had this car 4 weeks on sale as it tells you on CG and he could offer £6,000 " It was £8,495 " to prevent me from having to pay interest on the bank overdraft , 

Cheeky bastard . 

:lol::lol:

18 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Cheeky bastard . 

:lol:

One of the many reason I use a number plate displaying my website address on the car photos is that Car Gurus buyers can see the website, easily find the phone number and call. Two sales in two years for me after 6 months on the £225pm paid package. 

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

One of the many reason I use a number plate displaying my website address on the car photos is that Car Gurus buyers can see the website, easily find the phone number and call. Two sales in two years for me after 6 months on the £225pm paid package. 

Several  a month from CG tends to perform well and consistently. Has done for a long while now.

1 minute ago, Rory RSC said:

Several  a month from CG tends to perform well and consistently. Has done for a long while now.

Same here. Well a couple a month worse way. 

2 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Several  a month from CG tends to perform well and consistently.

I know. On the old forum we thought that it selectively boosts some dealerships with more exposure. As long as you are on the receiving end you should absolutely keep it. 

We sold one on the free package then went for 6 months paid, sold nothing in the first month, 3 in the next month, nothing in October and then 1 in November. It's paid for itself but certainly can't rely on it. 

I do find the customers odd. 

• Like 1

I am a  LONG way from signing up on the package but i had my first Car Guru sale this month, I did have to entertain around 50 or so others on e-mail who were not contactable to get to a sale, Jury is out for me on if its real inquiries or not.

And just as we are typing I got an email lead! 

Emailed him the number back and he called!!!

Shame that 

1) The red car was sold and he is not interested in almost identical black one that I just bought

2) Wanted an automatic and mine both were manual. Didn't see the ad properly. 

Lead submission from CarGurus

First name: alan
   Surname: crane
   Email: enquiry_43vwqbh9f@anon.cargurus.com
   Telephone: (XXXX) XXXXXXX

I’ve done 3/4 in the last 6 months via them. I’ve still cancelled though. I’m going to try sinking some money into Facebook this year. 

We are getting around 5-6 enquiries a month on car gurus - free package

Edited by Grantlfc81

I get the odd sale from the free package. If it costs me nowt and i make the odd sale then i cant complain.

I wouldn’t advertise with carguru in principal. How dare they be so negative about the retailers, stating how long they have had stock and thats it’s overpriced. It’s fecking outrageous and I would gladly slap the face of anyone with a wet fish “monty python” style who thinks I’m wrong. So there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I wouldn’t advertise with carguru in principal. How dare they be so negative about the retailers, stating how long they have had stock and thats it’s overpriced. It’s fecking outrageous and I would gladly slap the face of anyone with a wet fish “monty python” style who thinks I’m wrong. So there 

Strange thing we tend to sell the cars that show up as overpriced or priced high on their site as when they have a load of extras customers soon realise that is why the white car with black pack and pan roof is more than the maroon one with the chrome and tiny wheels. 

Their re targeting advertising is phenomenal. 

51 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Strange thing we tend to sell the cars that show up as overpriced or priced high on their site as when they have a load of extras customers soon realise that is why the white car with black pack and pan roof is more than the maroon one with the chrome and tiny wheels. 

Their re targeting advertising is phenomenal. 

That’s exactly why it’s fundamentally flawed and wrong. Ok, it’s great they are good at re-targeting, but it’s their job to advertise not to pass judgement. 

5 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

That’s exactly why it’s fundamentally flawed and wrong. Ok, it’s great they are good at re-targeting, but it’s their job to advertise not to pass judgement. 

Yeah, I agree and this is (one thing from many) I hate about Autoraper. too.  Car Gurus days in stock is hateful too but it is buried a bit in the pages.

Trouble is, as I've said before, they (AT, Car Gurus etc) do not consider us as their customers.  It's all about the Punter.

A fair amount of my stock is 'overpriced' and, like Rory says, it often helps- especially because the car is high spec, unusual, very low miles or a combination of this. 

A used car with many optional extras that costs a little more than a used car with few or no extras is not overpriced.  If anything it's a tremendous bargain as the options depreciate faster than the car itself! 50% of buyers don't know this, it's the other 50% that I want to get to.