Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Any experience with these Chinese / Ebay HPFP's?

No (so not much help) but like much aftermarket ‘stuff’ it’ll either be fine or shite.

Obviously the original is buggered so it’s be better than that :lol:.

Don’t write stuff off cos it’s cheap. Everyone on this forum thinks anything on eBay is spew - I can buy genuine Sachs clutches/DMF for 60% of the price of the local factors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BHM said:

No (so not much help) but like much aftermarket ‘stuff’ it’ll either be fine or shite.

Obviously the original is buggered so it’s be better than that :lol:.

Don’t write stuff off cos it’s cheap. Everyone on this forum thinks anything on eBay is spew - I can buy genuine Sachs clutches/DMF for 60% of the price of the local factors.

You're right, not much help, but valid points all the same! :D

46 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I need a new High Pressure Fuel Pump for a BMW 330i. 

Anyone had any experience with the following company / HPFP?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263604780944?ul_noapp=true

Obviously keen to save money, but not at the expense of it being made of swiss cheese.... 

Any input / experience appreciated.

Cheers

Any reason you selected a Chinese knockoff at £300 sold by a UK seller, over the Chinese knockoffs sold from China for £90 ?

Just now, twerp said:

Any reason you selected a Chinese knockoff at £300 sold by a UK seller, over the Chinese knockoffs sold from China for £90 ?

It was a link my mechanic sent me when he was searching using the numbers off the old one...

If you can send me a link for the same item for £90 I'd happily consider that! :D

4 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

I need a new High Pressure Fuel Pump for a BMW 330i. 

Anyone had any experience with the following company / HPFP?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263604780944?ul_noapp=true

Obviously keen to save money, but not at the expense of it being made of swiss cheese.... 

Any input / experience appreciated.

Cheers

The way I look at it,If it isn't a big labour charge to fit and won't do any damage if it goes wrong then I would probably give them a go!

Ordered a Chinese part from one ebayer last week, knackered. Ordered what turned out to be the same part, probably same factory, from a different ebayer and it’s absolutely fine. Chinese quality control is shit so you do toss a coin but if you’re not up against it in terms of time you should try. If it’s supplied faulty eBay have a good returns policy (pay on PayPal) and we all know the good old CRA.

9 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Ordered a Chinese part from one ebayer last week, knackered. Ordered what turned out to be the same part, probably same factory, from a different ebayer and it’s absolutely fine. Chinese quality control is shit so you do toss a coin but if you’re not up against it in terms of time you should try. If it’s supplied faulty eBay have a good returns policy (pay on PayPal) and we all know the good old CRA.

Cheers. I've ordered the ebay one and paid by paypal. 

Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Cheers. I've ordered the ebay one and paid by paypal. 

Fingers crossed...

Keep us posted :)

6 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

my concern would be the case hardening on the inner bearings might be made of chocolate thus destroying the engine further down the line thus having an inspection made and the garage finds substandard parts fitted non compliant so the case goes to court and you lose

just sayin............

35 minutes ago, boring dave said:

my concern would be the case hardening on the inner bearings might be made of chocolate thus destroying the engine further down the line thus having an inspection made and the garage finds substandard parts fitted non compliant so the case goes to court and you lose

just sayin............

Fair point, there seems to be several different 'tiers' in pricing where they look slightly different. Perhaps worth buying not quite the cheapest...

Appreciate all the input.

I agree twerp, cheapest is always the best. I've tried to go for a happy medium, I went with the one in the first link, bit more expensive, but should be here a lot sooner and also has some 5 star reviews for that particular item. The seller has 100% feedback so the signs are good, but I accept it's a lottery, but then most things are in this trade...

I've tried to take a sensible approach and protect myself as much as I can, you can't really do much more. :)

50 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Keep us posted :)

Will do.

Never ever consider anything cheap Chinese to be useless!

If you look at any product at Its rrp then look at it again on sale you'll think how cheap does the seller get it for. Prime example here is Euros with their discount codes. Recently i bought a pack of G9 bulbs from screwfix for 99p on promotion. Rrp is 5.99 usually! Ended up getting a tenners worth.

4 bulbs for 99p..how much do they make? And how much more do they make when at rrp of 5.99...

ALSO most things are made in China lol so are they all copies? Its just hearsay guys...we're set up to fail in the West...."cheap Chinese" mobiles have much bigger batteries... Whereas our lovely iphones and Samsung's need charging everyday or more ruining the battery.....before you know it your battery needs replacing which costs more than the phone..

Always stick to the cheapest option :lol:

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth

I'm not really going to write tons on this, but myself together with a local fleet owner tested a load of this absolute rubbish on various vehicles which rack up mileages quickly.

In almost every case the Chinesium failed early on, or plain didn't work out of the box.

When looking at the mileages that the same OE or OEM part would do, it was cheaper to fit an OE / OEM every time as it would do many more multiples of mileage that the number of price multiples, in other words the OE / OEM worked out a cheaper part, and that's before you even considered the labour to keep changing the shit every 3 months or whatever ;)

What is going to happen when the Chinese Pump goes bang and wrecks the Fuel Regulator / Rail and Injectors......................... OUCH !! :o

If absolute price is the problem here, I'd sooner fit a good used OE part  ;)

7 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

4 bulbs for 99p..how much do they make? And how much more do they make when at rrp of 5.99...

£5

Edited by Mark101

£5.99 for 4 or £5.99 for 24 you tell me ? Most products produced from same factory just with their own brands. 

I’ve been driving almost 30yrs & I’m sure consumables such as brake pads, discs, wipers & tyres are cheaper now than they ever were (for run of the mill cars).

Two 225/65/17 cheapie Fulda tyres for a CRV yesterday - fitted, balanced, valves etc. -£92+VAT & it’s the same price for a private punter cos I just book them in via the Internet. I had to put a couple of wheelbarrow tyres onto a VW Fox a month or so ago - I think £28+VAT each, I’m sure I paid about £30 each decades ago for a Chevette.

A couple of Champion wipers - £4. Apparently ‘my’ MOT station gets cheapo wiper blades for under £1 each.

How on earth anyone makes a profit after manufacture, delivery, wholesaler & retailer is beyond me.

• Like 1

Because it is all made of rubbish in sweat shops where the staff get a bowl of rice per day !!

That SLK I just bought had some very nasty behaviour when hitting copious surface water at speed, when I got it home and had it on my lift for a thorough going over / service etc i discovered 2 of the 4 good tyres were "Made In China" cheapos.

There is now a set of 4 decent high performance tyres here waiting to be fitted to it as soon as I get a spare half hour ;) 

Chinese Tyres are for grocery trollies, and even then only if you don't like your wife and children :lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, BHM said:

How on earth anyone makes a profit after manufacture, delivery, wholesaler & retailer is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Because it is all made of rubbish in sweat shops where the staff get a bowl of rice per day !!

That SLK I just bought had some very nasty behaviour when hitting copious surface water at speed, when I got it home and had it on my lift for a thorough going over / service etc i discovered 2 of the 4 good tyres were "Made In China" cheapos.

There is now a set of 4 decent high performance tyres here waiting to be fitted to it as soon as I get a spare half hour ;) 

Chinese Tyres are for grocery trollies, and even then only if you don't like your wife and children :lol::lol::lol:

They're good enough for Evans Halshaw :lol:

5 hours ago, BHM said:

I’ve been driving almost 30yrs & I’m sure consumables such as brake pads, discs, wipers & tyres are cheaper now than they ever were (for run of the mill cars).

Two 225/65/17 cheapie Fulda tyres for a CRV yesterday - fitted, balanced, valves etc. -£92+VAT & it’s the same price for a private punter cos I just book them in via the Internet. I had to put a couple of wheelbarrow tyres onto a VW Fox a month or so ago - I think £28+VAT each, I’m sure I paid about £30 each decades ago for a Chevette.

A couple of Champion wipers - £4. Apparently ‘my’ MOT station gets cheapo wiper blades for under £1 each.

wow you were posh,i used to buy my kingpin remoulds for these direct at £8 a corner and kick them on with basic tools and a bead breaker

wiper blades budget at euro are for pennies i still keep all popular sizes on the wall

Well it's arrived, so delivery was reasonably quick, even if it turns out to be shite..... :D

• Like 1