Sign in to follow this  
friar

No deal brexit! Houses down 35%,cars up or down??

5 hours ago, Brunswick said:

The problem with new car PCP deals in my opinion is that the manufacturers own finance company is underwriting the business which it has a vested interest in.  Its a conflict of interest.  The FCA were supposed to be looking into this but I believe they are too busy inspecting smaller dealers to ensure we are using initial disclosure forms.

Isn’t this the same as stocking loans depending upon finance sales?

in times of uncertainty clear your debts and build a pot of cash to take advantage of bargains. I’ve got a dollar account opened too in case the £ really falls of a cliff. Though the chance of a no deal brexit is tiny now so I suspect business as usual early in the new year.

Don't fret, things will recover.

Brexit is doomed. It won't happen! It is getting far too complicated and there are far too many idiots disagreeing, time is running out.

Theresa May will step down after a vote of no confidence, there will be a second referendum and everything will go back to how it was.

14 hours ago, Scooby who said:

Don't fret, things will recover.

Brexit is doomed. It won't happen! It is getting far too complicated and there are far too many idiots disagreeing, time is running out.

Theresa May will step down after a vote of no confidence, there will be a second referendum and everything will go back to how it was.

I think we will leave 

Scare Stories for weak minds that's all this is .

We traded with the entire world before the common mkt  , whats wrong with these people who don't have the guts to go alone , we don't fit into Europe anyway do we with the £ and 22 miles of water . 

If we don't get on with it and leave we will be under orders to adopt the Euro and change our name to Europe slave .com  and probably drive on the other  side of the road which would stuff us up selling cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side for decades to come  :) Should never have joined the common mkt years ago , The EU has took lots of Brit firms away from these shores and the work forces suffered which affects us too as they have no money to spend , 80% of the  foreign work force only look at end of life cars off ebay or get taken to work in a bus , no good for us either way . 

Brexit has to happen in my mind now we've gone this far and so many have said we are leaving with no 2nd referendum . 

Imagine the peoples attitude if we don't leave , riot is looming .

No body wants Mrs May's job anyway do they . 

People no longer want to leave. They already see the damage especially in the South East. Rioting? Have you sen the news? Rioting in France due to poor standard of living. 

That poor standard is on the way here if Brexit happens as “advertised”. Tbh their adverts were misleding, the product was misdescribed, not fit for purpose and not of satisfactory quality. And there should be some right to reject, surely! 

• Like 2

As Article 50 has been triggered I don't think it's just a case of "Oh sorry we've changed our mind. Can we come back?"

According to a friend of mine who works in a goverment department that will be a whole load of new negotiations.

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

I think we will leave 

Scare Stories for weak minds that's all this is .

We traded with the entire world before the common mkt  , whats wrong with these people who don't have the guts to go alone , we don't fit into Europe anyway do we with the £ and 22 miles of water . 

If we don't get on with it and leave we will be under orders to adopt the Euro and change our name to Europe slave .com  and probably drive on the other  side of the road which would stuff us up selling cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side for decades to come  :) Should never have joined the common mkt years ago , The EU has took lots of Brit firms away from these shores and the work forces suffered which affects us too as they have no money to spend , 80% of the  foreign work force only look at end of life cars off ebay or get taken to work in a bus , no good for us either way . 

Brexit has to happen in my mind now we've gone this far and so many have said we are leaving with no 2nd referendum . 

Imagine the peoples attitude if we don't leave , riot is looming .

No body wants Mrs May's job anyway do they . 

We joined the 'common market' because our economy in the 70s was on its knees. It was our salvation.

25 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

People no longer want to leave.

Sorry but that’s nonsense. Many do but & leave meant leave to me. 100% leave. No half measures, out 100% & sort out whatever alleged mess afterwards. I agree Theresa’s made a right f*** up of the job.

Those that feel this country isn’t fit to govern itself & will struggle to trade, even though we’re a country of conspicuous consumption, should perhaps think of relocating abroad.

Why on earth the country is contemplating continuing to tip millions per week into the EU is beyond me, that was my main gripe. The EU is a sausage machine turning over our, and a few other net contributors, money into bolstering up the abysmal economies of the PIGS & various Eastern European countries. Good luck to all nationalities but I personally have no interest in assisting the struggling economies of other countries. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

As Article 50 has been triggered I don't think it's just a case of "Oh sorry we've changed our mind. Can we come back?"

According to a friend of mine who works in a goverment department that will be a whole load of new negotiations.

19 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Exactly David , Germany wins if we let that  happen ,

Adopt the bloody EURO currency 

Drive on Right . See that coming 

Pay MORE fees , Thats 

Let every body in for free , 

Poor man of Europe " while it lasts anyway " 

Needs getting on with and leave the unelected mess behind , We are independent always have been always will be .

Become world traders on our own terms . Before the rest others leave and nick the deals 

2 minutes ago, met said:

We joined the 'common market' because our economy in the 70s was on its knees. It was our salvation.

Rubbish , we were on fire , every one that worked was cash rich and buying goods , More than what they have now .

I was saving money like it was confetti in the 70's and earning good money from the working people spending it . 

The unions ruined a lot of it though , they were the nail in the works , Hadn't been for that lot its us that would have took BMW over not the other way round . Germany was on its knees not us , look now its the other way round . 

Billions of £££££££ have gone to waste sending it to that greedy lot to jack up others who just take it .

41 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

People no longer want to leave. They already see the damage especially in the South East. Rioting? Have you sen the news? Rioting in France due to poor standard of living. 

That poor standard is on the way here if Brexit happens as “advertised”. Tbh their adverts were misleding, the product was misdescribed, not fit for purpose and not of satisfactory quality. And there should be some right to reject, surely! 

brexit_zpscepbzzbe.jpg