EPV

Awards

16 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Oooohhh. Meow. :o) Decent paperweight at least yeah. 

Haha, I wasn't being catty about the well done bit mate...couldn't resist on the leads though!

5 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

from James's point of view he can put that he was a finalist on his website

He was one of 5-6 finalists but he got the No2 or 3 Highly Commended spot which on the website sounds even better

makes a mockery of  it all but if it helps him then so be it

ps how can you be placed when you recommended yourself?

13 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

He was one of 5-6 finalists but he got the No2 or 3 Highly Commended spot which on the website sounds even better

He was a finalist who won an award so he is now an 'Award Winning Dealer' which sounds even better. Great for marketing and long term credibility.

Regards self nomination you have to be in it to win it. I didn't self nominate for  Dealers dealer, someone must have voted for that category which was a surprise. We nominated for used car sales team and must have done well during mystery shop etc 

The awards are tough there are a lot of dealers both good and bad in the running and its not easy to make the shortlist full stop out of the amount of entries from dealers out there. You can play the game and join in or crack on irrespective selling cars and bringing profit in which is what counts at the end of the day but its a good night with a lot of good people and I can confidently say having a few awards has led to us being able to sell more cars.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

makes a mockery of  it all but if it helps him then so be it

You self nominate. Pretty common with awards across all industries, particularly when you're in an industry that you fly solo most of the time. You can of course nominate and employees would most likely be nominated, rising stars etc.

Once they have a list, they do some research on you, mystery shop you and get a list of five finalists. From that they have two highly commended and one winner. There's little difference between the two really but I'd rather win than not of course. I still get the PR paraphernalia which is all I wanted really. Whether you agree if it helps your business or not is subjective but there's a reason why Nike paid Tiger Woods hundreds of millions of dollars and why they pay Rory Mac the same. 

Just now, andymc1973 said:

Everyone nominates themselves. It's the winning that gets decided by a vote. I was asked to nominate myself a couple of years ago at CDX17 but swards and accolades aren't really my thing. Calling my business award-winning on my website though? Absolutely I'd plaster it all over all pages if I could. 

48 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Haha, I wasn't being catty about the well done bit mate...couldn't resist on the leads though!

I know. If I had a like button!

Congrats James, Rory, Matt (and your wife!). 

I think that's the right attitude to have, to self promote - don't we all do that in one way or another with our businesses every day? this is just another form of marketing. 

Having said that, I'm with Simon as I would struggle to push myself personally for an award. Though good on you James for doing so. It all helps. 

1 minute ago, Linctrader said:

Oh BTW, any pics shaking hands with the wheeler dealer? 

Of course, little point otherwise :)

5 minutes ago, Linctrader said:

Well... 

Post it up then.

You know what Mike Brewer looks like and some of you know what I look like and those that don't, won't want to know either! We're in suits, shaking hands. Use your imagination...

25 minutes ago, Linctrader said:

I think that's the right attitude to have, to self promote - don't we all do that in one way or another with our businesses every day? this is just another form of marketing. 

Having said that, I'm with Simon as I would struggle to push myself personally for an award. Though good on you James for doing so. It all helps. 

18 minutes ago, Linctrader said:

Cheers, 

Self promotion is the best form of marketing for us. We enter everything we can, and this year have been really successful, This is the 3rd award we've won along with being highly commended in 2 others. The fact that these ones are decided with Mystery shops and the content of your reviews etc and then judged by a panel  makes it feel a bit better. Bear in Mind you have to pay for the tickets for the event too, unless you can get your website provider or finance company to cough up ( nudge nudge Cardealer 5 and Motonovo ) 

We had a great night and am still feeling the effects. Getting too old for this.

4 hours ago, Mat C said:

I have just about recovered, my head still hurts. The funniest part was I thought i'd got a hot lead as had a missed call from an unknown number, went outside to call it back without realising that only 10 minutes before i'd been speaking to James and he'd drop called my phone so we had each others numbers.... I think the 2 bottles of Pinot had already taken effect.....however the good sport that he is owned up straight away rather than pulling my leg.

Also my Partner Steph got highly commended in Rising Star Award too. Great night had and was nice to put faces to names. and well done to to you guys for getting shortlisted, its a big achievement and I still feel way out of my depth at things like this.

Well done Matt, that's a great achievement and well deserved!!

So to self nominate for an award I am presuming you have to provide your trading accounts,details of trading partners,photos of premises,your ‘unique selling point’,evidence of good deeds etc...........or maybe not.

13 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Well done Matt, that's a great achievement and well deserved!!

Thank you, its been a tough year, but things like this make it a little sweeter..

22 minutes ago, trade vet said:

So to self nominate for an award I am presuming you have to provide your trading accounts,details of trading partners,photos of premises,your ‘unique selling point’,evidence of good deeds etc...........or maybe not.

Not quite. But finalists have been checked through for their website content, social media presence, reviews, how quick you answer the phone, or how long it takes to get back to the mystery shopper and how you handle the enquiry. The points are accumulated and the winner has the most points. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

You know what Mike Brewer looks like and some of you know what I look like and those that don't, won't want to know either! We're in suits, shaking hands. Use your imagination...

Hardly the time to be modest now James hee hee! 

2 hours ago, Linctrader said:

+ 1 Well done guys  :)

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Well seeing as caralot were once  the darlings of these awards, I guess that would be a no.

I've got no issue with folk putting themselves forward and 'winning' awards, good luck to you all,  but to the good folk of CDM, let's not pretend they are something they are not or better still, let's make make them more credible.

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

So to self nominate for an award I am presuming you have to provide your trading accounts,

TV... Behave!

This is not of any importance!

A good dealership looks after their customers.... not the bottom line :lol:

16 minutes ago, Stalker said:

A good dealership looks after their customers.... not the bottom line

Sad but true...

49 minutes ago, Stalker said:

TV... Behave!

A good dealership looks after their customers.... not the bottom line :lol:

I hope they do,however having looked at the nominations,it is evident that a few of them ( including the judges) have not considered their bottom line. One or two appear to me to be technically insolvent.

However the guy running Yorkshire Vehicle Solutions must be some player,he definateley knows what he is doing considering they don’t appear to have been established that long.Congratulations to him ( and the guys on here)

If you want an award,I still say,just do your own.I have done it,I had a big banner with a rosette on our big wall.It was there for years,no one ever queried it.