Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

budget budget monday, maybe this is good news for some of you ?

Chancellor plans High Street rates relief

i dont know the full details, and none of us will till monday, but half a million small businesses are to get help with business rates, now this is coming across as high street shops only, but, the treasury quotes pubs and newsagents in its savings [retail] your rateable value must be £51000 or less to get maybe a third off your current rates, so, and as i say dont know the full details, if your rated as "retail" you could be saving money soon 

:)

21 hours ago, David Ayers said:

We get 100% relief at the moment.

yep that bottom cream is good stuff:lol:;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

yep that bottom cream is good stuff:lol:;)

You'll need it after monday!:D

It's those plastic straws when "shrimp boating", the edges are sharp :lol::lol::lol:

8 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

It's those plastic straws when "shrimp boating", the edges are sharp :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like you have PTSD?

LOL, I don't but I should have with the 07 Pug Expert Van I have in here for about a weeks work and going up in days rather than hours ......................

Fuckin thing should have been dumped in the Loch !!

Guy has had it from new, 67350 Miles, came in for a Belt (10 yrs) and Clutch / DMF, then I found the Rear half of the Exhaust rattling around rotten and the Steering Rack is absolutely pissing out oil from the column seal, and finally the piece de resistance, getting the Subframe out 3 bolts snapped / stripped in Chassis, so now a 'windows into Chassis' welding job too :(  And to cap it all cogbox is firmly seized on the rear dowel !! 6 hours on the bastard today, and the box isn't yet out, bill is going to come to more than the van is worth !!

Salt on the roads, they use neat brine up here I reckon :(

20 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL, I don't but I should have with the 07 Pug Expert Van I have in here for about a weeks work and going up in days rather than hours ......................

Guy has had it from new, 67350 Miles, came in for a Belt (10 yrs) and Clutch / DMF, then I found the Rear half of the Exhaust rattling around rotten and the Steering Rack is absolutely pissing out oil from the column seal, and finally the piece de resistance, getting the Subframe out 3 bolts snapped / stripped in Chassis, so now a 'windows into Chassis' welding job too :(  And to cap it all cogbox is firmly seized on the rear dowel !! 6 hours on the bastard today, and the box isn't yet out, bill is going to come to more than the van is worth !!

If you were a Jock you could probably claim a subsidy from somewhere towards the job.I see they have been promised another £450m in todays budget and the awfull SNP guy was not happy and went on and on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Tell him to pay you upto now, best advise don't carry on..... Moneypit

update from hm =

To provide upfront support through the business rates system, the government is cutting bills by one-third for retail properties with a rateable value below £51,000, benefiting up to 90% of retail properties, for 2 years from April 2019, :)

11 hours ago, trade vet said:

If you were a Jock you could probably claim a subsidy from somewhere towards the job.I see they have been promised another £450m in todays budget and the awfull SNP guy was not happy and went on and on.

I’d give them their independence in FULL. I’d erect a full physical border, they’d be told to sort out a banking system of their own, they’d get sweet f.a. subsidy and all of those whingers I encountered for years in the construction industry who proclaimed Scotland to be where their heart was yet seemed happy to live, work & as such took to British shilling would be sent packing. I say hats off to Nicola Sturgeon :lol:

Great news: 

Road tax increases on NEW diesels but NO increases on anything pre-2018. 

As a seller of newer used cars, mostly diesel, this is great news although expected. 

• Like 1

Ahh, politics eh, well, always a difficult subject, and I don't generally do Politics :lol: What I do know is it is unfair to put all the "Sweaty's" in the same category, we have always found anywhere north of Fort William the folks are diamonds, provided us,(ze engleesh), treat them right they will really go an extra mile for ya !!

I'd be quite happy for Scotland to go Independent, I am already financially independant !! That way we wouldn't be supporting anywhere near all of the UK's Universal Credit brigade then, we wouldn't be providing housing for millions of so called refugees, etc etc etc.

The only fly in the ointment last referendum was that the English Govt did not want Scotland to keep the Oil and Gas rights, off our Northern Shores ............................

Yeah sure they didn't, without income from that their Economy would be even more buggered than it already is !! Oil and Gas is in Scottish Coastal waters, so yes of course it should stay here !!

Hadrian had the right idea ;) I'd be happy to help erect the border, but it should run across the Cally Canal line :D

You can all keep the "Southern Townie Jocks" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the Pug Van, Customer has just viewed it with me and authorised the extra works, Rebuilt Rack, Welding work on Chassis Captive Nuts, and new Exhaust System, his view, like mine, the structure, interior and exterior is in good nick, the Engine and Gearbox is fine and a genuine 67k miles, and with all the politics regarding Diesels going on, why buy a Brand new van, his bill will be around £2k I expect, but like he said, " I cant buy a brand new van for 2k, and wouldn't want to in our current economic climate, will probably retire and fuck off somewhere nice in a year or 2 " !! 

I agree with him. Box is now out, Clutch & DMF going in in a minute, and the Rack and Subframe Bolts will be here today / tomorrow :)

Van should be finished by Wednesday night, so this big job, plus a busy month in the workshop and also flipped 6 Cars means it will be my best October yet with this Business :D

Agree with Nick, good news on the Tax for the used newer Diseasels, probably another reason my buddy decided to keep his Expert Van ;)

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

I'd be quite happy for Scotland to go Independent, I am already financially independant !! That way we wouldn't be supporting

ah............. im alright jock:lol:

for the record i think iread that every scotish person is subsidised to the tune of £1800 per person in relation to the figure being £1000 for us down here

so build that wall tall;):P

Edited by boring dave
#

I'm just a plastic jock lol, only been here nearly 12 years, another 8 to go before I'm "officially sanctioned" by the locals :lol:

8 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Great news: 

Road tax increases on NEW diesels but NO increases on anything pre-2018. 

As a seller of newer used cars, mostly diesel, this is great news although expected. 

budget =

'From 1 April 2019 VED rates for cars, vans and motorcycles will increase in line with RPI.'