Sign in to follow this  
friar

Volkswagen Bmw cease hybrid car sales.

Every other manufacturer seems to be going nuts for hybrids at the mo, really suprises me they'd stop to try fix the engines that will soon be out of fashion?

Even more suprised that mazda are bring back their oil burning wankle engine as a range extender! 

I love that sort of stuff, just as we thought we could see where things are going :-)

Would love to be a fly on the wall behind there real reasons for taking such an action. 

The mind boggles 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Sales don't justify the investment.

May play a small part, the big boys are happy to throw millions at anything these days so sales cant be the only reason, Lexus are flying with there plug in toasters so the sales are out there to be had. 

Do these tossers who come up with "Clone Speak" like 'World Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure' not realise that manufacturers cannot reach their impossible goals without compromising the reliability !!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Do these tossers who come up with "Clone Speak" like 'World Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure' not realise that manufacturers cannot reach their impossible goals without compromising the reliability !!

COUGH ecoboost COUGH

I wonder if they know the charging points, and access to them won't be up to scratch?

We have done loads of new hybrids over the past coupe of years as the CO2 is often 49 which is great for company car end users.  (I have run 330e’s since April 16 and save about £300 a month in BIK).

As mentioned these cars would be useless come WLTP testing and no good for their target market as the Emmisions rating would be too high.

Used sales is a slightly different story as the general public seem scarred of the future reliability however since BMW shut the order books and pre registered all their stock in August we have sold 5 or 6 under 9 month old Shadow Editions to SME’s.  On the other hand we had to fight out of a 16 plate M-Sport as there are a lot floating around that come back from the 2 year subsided lease deal in 2016 not to mention the supermarkets selling below CAP.

Being a purveyor of older vehicles I still view these twin-motor wonders as an expensive, wasteful and potentially problematic way (imagine when a 10yr old one throws up the EML - arrgggghhhhh!!) of dealing with an alleged problem. Anyway apart from the half-hearted attempt that was Honda’s original Insight my next experience was a Prius taxi the other day. Admittedly I was absolutely pissed but I noticed 3 things;

1) The transition from electric to petrol was imperceptible apart from the pretty pictures on the dashboard.

2) Full bore, twin motor acceleration was pitiful.

3) Priuses must only be bought by non-car people who view cars as white goods, alongside fridge freezers etc. 

What an absolutely miserable way of motoring, I was glad to nurse my hangover the next day in a warbling T5 Volvo belting out decent horsepower. I’m sure we’ll get there (Tesla’s technology will filter down) but at the moment these ‘halfway houses’ of hybrids are an expensive distraction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BHM said:

Being a purveyor of older vehicles I still view these twin-motor wonders as an expensive, wasteful and potentially problematic way (imagine when a 10yr old one throws up the EML - arrgggghhhhh!!)

Fella down the road has a Honda CRV "Highbill" ;)

I scanned it purely to reset a service light for him, but jeeeeeeeeeeeeezus ..................

That thing has got like double the amount of Modules, parameters and settings that a Modern S Class has ..........................

My S Class is a 12 year old model, and not quite fully loaded and that has around 70 separate modules !! 

You would not believe the many hundreds of Parameters I could have fockedwit on that Honda .........................

Plenty of potential to irreversibly FUBAR said Hybrid when it goes in to "Mickey Motor Mick's" backstreet Garage, or Quick Fit Up / Halfrauds etc etc :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, BHM said:

What an absolutely miserable way of motoring, I was glad to nurse my hangover the next day in a warbling T5 Volvo belting out decent horsepower.

+1

I, being a dinosaur and loving big V8 and V12 Motors, with huffers and 1000 + Nm will be suicidal when the nanny state says I can no longer use my Cars :angry:

As we all know, the general public "clone brigade" is being indoctrinated with "it's bad for you" and "it's not safe" to the point where they actually believe this shit !!

Hell, they are even teaching all this "Dangerous and Harmful ECO" bollocks in our Skools now !!

And why doesn't the CO emissions of said ECO box include the emissions from the Power Station when they are charging the fuckers, not to mention the "Environmental Damage" done when Mining the Lithium for the Batteries !! .....................

Clone Speak .................. Pah !!