Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

October

One delivered yesterday early morning and should* be paid on Wed. I guess I'll have to count it towards October. 

*long story. When the dust settles I'll do a separate post on this one deal. 

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

One delivered yesterday early morning and should* be paid on Wed. I guess I'll have to count it towards October. 

Giving two day Credit on the slate  Nick , "oh dear" , might have you in for retraining :) I'm thinking 

We got two out today and I didn't realise it was 1st of Oct till the invoice popped out the printer . 

20 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Should be paid ??? 

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Should be paid ??? 

Looking forward to this one....,

21 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Should be paid ??? 

Looking forward to this one....,

It's quite the story although not as sinister as you might expect, don't get your hopes up for gossip!

11 hours ago, EPV said:

It's quite the story although not as sinister as you might expect, don't get your hopes up for gossip!

Gossip...... me.....     :lol:

2 yesterday, was going to be 3 but had a completely unrealistic customer on a 7 year old car with 109k on it asking stupid questions from the start.

End of September was really good, last week went some way to saving it for us as before that it was dire. 

58 minutes ago, Dealer said:

had a completely unrealistic customer on a 7 year old car with 109k on it asking stupid questions from the start

This is describing accurately approx 30% of my potential customers. Depending on the amount of tolerance and patience I have left in me some of them do buy. 

"Why are you selling it?" is by far my favourite question :huh:

• Like 2

my favourite one they ask is, what did they trade it in for....... what has that got to do with anything mr customer

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

"Why are you selling it?" is by far my favourite question :huh:

+1 

I can't believe how many people ask me this question, erm....it's my job?

small car

dad mum girlie

dad asks how much will insurance be?

me

i sell cars not insurance

Solid end to September here (1 Saturday 2 Sunday)

And a nice start to October (1 yesterday 2 today)

Ticking over nicely. The two today a £7k and £8600 and neither wanted to test drive, asked any silly questions or anything, volunteered deposits and left happy.

16 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Solid end to September here (1 Saturday 2 Sunday)

And a nice start to October (1 yesterday 2 today)

Ticking over nicely. The two today a £7k and £8600 and neither wanted to test drive, asked any silly questions or anything, volunteered deposits and left happy.

Love it thats always a good feeling at the start of the month.

My October will be very slow to start with as I have fuck all to sell, 3 cars and one of them a 90 dayer. 

Stocking up is gradually happening though. 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Love it thats always a good feeling at the start of the month.

agreed mate, hate scratching around early on so anything around or above one a day is great for us.

7 hours ago, EPV said:

My October will be very slow to start with as I have fuck all to sell, 3 cars and one of them a 90 dayer. 

Now there's a comparison, I averaged a rolling 9 advertised last month and sold 16. I've managed to buy stock really well but am being held up by a backlog in prep. I have 12 currently advertised and another 12 in prep or waiting to join the prep queue......

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

Now there's a comparison, I averaged a rolling 9 advertised last month and sold 16. I've managed to buy stock really well but am being held up by a backlog in prep. I have 12 currently advertised and another 12 in prep or waiting to join the prep queue......

Mental.

I've nicked three from auction today, one yesterday so it's coming but they will all need a little TLC and as I'm away for an extended weekend, I'm not going to be selling anything until next weekend!

That said, I had 4 for sale until mid September when I got up to 8 and then sold 5 in 3 days so it can happen. 

It's never easy! But we could all be working for the man, and we're not :)

5 minutes ago, EPV said:

Mental.

I've nicked three from auction today, one yesterday so it's coming but they will all need a little TLC and as I'm away for an extended weekend, I'm not going to be selling anything until next weekend!

That said, I had 4 for sale until mid September when I got up to 8 and then sold 5 in 3 days so it can happen. 

It's never easy! But we could all be working for the man, and we're not :)

Spooky, I'm off to Jersey early Friday for a long weekend of beer and golf with some mates (my 50th) ....... St Helier, beware the Devon boys are coming....

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Spooky, I'm off to Jersey early Friday for a long weekend of beer and golf with some mates (my 50th) ....... St Helier, beware the Devon boys are coming....

Beware indeed. What are you doing to do, wave your pitchforks at the locals? 

Happy birthday. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EPV said:

Beware indeed. What are you doing to do, wave your pitchforks at the locals? 

Happy birthday. 

I was waiting for some kind of farmer,  tractor joke.......  

Were gonna drink cider and stare at the fair maidens whilst singing Wurzels songs...  can’t wait :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EPV said:

i was in a very similar position but bought loads this week.

2 today 

struggled to buy this week

my preferred stock has again gone stupid in prices

On 02/10/2018 at 10:33 AM, Mark101 said:

whu are you selling it ?

I can't believe how many people ask me this question, erm....it's my job?

unbelievable isnt it ? i get this, i point them to bottom of advert that theyre reading while on there phone and i say, see, it says trade ? and not uncommonly the phone goes down :lol:

now i always think that either a, they trying to lower the price on a private punter so they can resell it themselves, or, b, they think all traders are rip off merchants, well, good luck to them ;)

Good start with 6 so far, one interestingly who travelled from South Korea....... I think that's definately my furthest customer