Sign in to follow this  
AutoJacob

BCA online

Good evening guys

I normally attend auctions and buy in person, I buy bread and butter stock up to £3K and there is a few I would like to bid on at BCA Derby tomorrow morning and I am 2 hours away unable to attend.

The vendors are Trade centre no reserve and Bristol Street Motors.

Do you think if I phone BCA in the morning they will be able to set me up with a online account sharpish so I can bid at 9:55 AM?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

9 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

Good evening guys

I normally attend auctions and buy in person, I buy bread and butter stock up to £3K and there is a few I would like to bid on at BCA Derby tomorrow morning and I am 2 hours away unable to attend.

Do you think if I phone BCA in the morning they will be able to set me up with a online account sharpish so I can bid at 9:55 AM?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

I don’t think so.I recently opened an additional on line account and it involved posting the application to Manchester or somewhere.

Worth a shot but i was the same as TV but could email my copies but still waiting now been 2 weeks.

There is a pro auction buyer on IMDA forum who ha buyers in the halls at most auctions - his fees don't differ much from live online could be worth a shout

20 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

Trade centre no reserve

DON'T bid online in that section unless you need it for parts of course. If you do you are far braver than me. 

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 2

Be careful with trade centre. They have their own trade disposal centre so cherry pick the good stuff for themselves. Only send the shite through BCA, I made that mistake.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, trade vet said:

I don’t think so.I recently opened an additional on line account and it involved posting the application to Manchester or somewhere.

Thats correct i think 

20 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

Good evening guys

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Brave man buying online in that range of prices with those vendors . Unless you have a large parts bin .

Most of them aren't worth the £50 online extra fee never mind the actual bid and fees . 

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

Shock horror they never set me up in time, maybe it was a sign that it wouldn't of been a good idea to bid online for sold as seen stuff with no condition reports..

45 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Shock horror they never set me up in time, maybe it was a sign that it wouldn't of been a good idea to bid online for sold as seen stuff with no condition reports..

Lucky escape I reckon 

13 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Lucky escape I reckon 

Definitely, we bought four from trade centre on the same day, all bought online, took the gamble as they seamed stupidly cheap. There was a reason for it, all four had big problems.

10 plate Zafira with a knackered clutch, 11 plate i20 with bad top end rattle, 59 207 with a very noisy timing chain and an 07 1- series that was mechanically ok but had loads of minor faults, stereo was dead, seatbelt jammed, suspension knock, low brake pad warning sensor had been cut, needed four tyres etc

1 minute ago, Lakeside said:

Definitely, we bought four from trade centre on the same day, all bought online, took the gamble

You know how I always say Fortune favours the brave... 

I retract it after reading your post :-)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Definitely, we bought four from trade centre on the same day, all bought online, took the gamble as they seamed stupidly cheap. There was a reason for it, all four had big problems.

10 plate Zafira with a knackered clutch, 11 plate i20 with bad top end rattle, 59 207 with a very noisy timing chain and an 07 1- series that was mechanically ok but had loads of minor faults, stereo was dead, seatbelt jammed, suspension knock, low brake pad warning sensor had been cut, needed four tyres etc

Apart from that though.....

8 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

I'm surprised cars this good didn't end up on DA?

20 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I retract it after reading your post :-)

Yup, was a bad day that one.

The Zafira went straight back on the bid on eBay as spares or repairs, scraped our money back on that one, the i20 is still sitting in the yard awaiting its fate, the 207 luckily was cheap enough to warrant getting the work done and the rest of the car was mint so that sold still with a decent margin, the 1-series is just having a new strut fitted to cure the suspension knock then that’s finished, still some profit left in it but not a lot.

15 hours ago, David Horgan said:

.........Most of them aren't worth the £50 online extra fee never mind the actual bid and fees . 

Funny really, you'd think they'd be 'deducting' the online buying fee from the purchase price to encourage you to buy online. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

So does bankruptcy

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

it used to be all the cars from the finance section i used to avoid,my reasoning being if they cant make payments then they sure as heck aint maintaining them

i remember buying an asta estate that had plants growing from all corners inside,it had been used as a skip collection service

motto always check cars before nodding

glad you have pulled yourself outa the hole nearly though

3 hours ago, boring dave said:

it used to be all the cars from the finance section i used to avoid,my reasoning being if they cant make payments then they sure as heck aint maintaining them

The Blackhorse section at Blackbushe yesterday looked like the Geneva motor show a few years ago. Lines of gleaming Range Rovers, Mercs, BMWs, Audis and Jaguars, some of them in really good condition, no doubt recently prepped to death by the supplying dealers. 

A car is a car, whether they make their payments or not. 

Also with PCP they are not all repos. They are just cars that the last owner didn't pay the balloon on. 

Edited by Nick M.K.

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

The Blackhorse section at Blackbushe looked like the Geneva motor show a few years ago. Lines of gleaming Range Rovers, Mercs, BMWs, Audis and Jaguars, some of them in really good condition, no doubt recently prepped to death by the supplying dealers. 

A car is a car, whether they make their payments or not. 

Also with PCP they are not all repos. They are just cars that the last owner didn't pay the balloon on. 

i was talking ten bob to 2g stuff asmentioned above:)