Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

What REALLY bugs you !

A random sensor deciding to fail 5 minutes before a handover throwing up an EML.

Punters expecting us to do their private reg transfers for them.

Trying to turn a max one hour deal into a half day marathon/outing...there's a reason we don't supply tea/coffee.

The shorts guy especially if he's the look at me type with collar turned up, pikeys, not all but most Eastern Europeans, Russians, middle Easterns, southerners, the Welsh, jocks, Middle Lane hoggers, people surprised when the red light they're waiting at turns green and takes them an age to set off, women who have to russle thru their bag then purse then many sections in the purse to find a card, same women takes an age paying for fuel then 5mins taking coat off, putting bag away getting into the car and actually driving off from pump..... Breath.... Politics, politicians, lefty loons, religious nuts , religion, silly rules and laws, anyone with no common sense and finally the Mrs once a month. 

Edited by Paddy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Someone has 90 min of your time and then says ( when pressed why) i cant buy it because its "wrong engine code" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

90 mins with a punter.....that’s a P45

7 hours ago, Paddy said:

The shorts guy especially if he's the look at me type with collar turned up, pikeys, not all but most Eastern Europeans, Russians, middle Easterns, southerners, the Welsh, jocks, Middle Lane hoggers, people surprised when the red light they're waiting at turns green and takes them an age to set off, women who have to russle thru their bag then purse then many sections in the purse to find a card, same women takes an age paying for fuel then 5mins taking coat off, putting bag away getting into the car and actually driving off from pump..... Breath.... Politics, politicians, lefty loons, religious nuts , religion, silly rules and laws, anyone with no common sense and finally the Mrs once a month. 

:lol:

15 hours ago, Del Boy said:

I had this the other evening. 

My phone was ringing constantly from 8pm on a Saturday night which I decided (quite rightly) not to answer. No messages left. 

She phoned back the following morning to book an appointment. 

They arrived looking at the car for their daughter (enough said), it was the MOST painful experience of my life. The Dad turned into a mechanic and ripped the car apart then test drove it wanting to make sure the ABS was working so was slamming the brakes on constantly. 

They left ‘thinking about it’ then the daughter text a few days later saying her ‘financial advisor’ has advised her it’s not the right time for her to be buying a car of that value. 

£5k. 

Absolute fucktards, hate these types of people. 

1 minute ago, Dealer said:

They arrived looking at the car for their daughter

I don't envy dealers that stock a lot of newish cheap superminis and have to deal with that "market" all the time for 30+ years. 

Actually I'll tell you what else REALLY BUGS ME:

When my buyer calls on SAT afternoon, leaves a deposit and wants to come as early as possible on Sunday morning to view and collect. Because It's very important they do it as early as possible. Is 9am early enough for a Sunday? Em, 8am would be better but ok, let's do 9. The time is now 9:13 and the text has arrived: "Running late, will be with you in 30 minutes. Sorry".

Free range kids on the pitch with oblivious parents,warranty reps who persist in trying to sell you theirs after you tell them you have been successfully doing your own for donkeys years,peepscarfes,council staff from the property,council tax or planning dept who have letters after their name.( I always ask them what and where and they never tell you),John Bercow,reality tv,greedy charities who knock on your door when they have millions on deposit and several staff earning 6 figures,financial anylists on telly commenting on multi billion takeovers that look 16 years old,age partnership rip off equity release tv ad,old women wearing football shirts,politicians who lose badly at elections and claim an outstanding result,parents who encourage their kids to attend some downmarket ‘uni’ and get into 20 grand debt to do some crap course and remain very proud.Charity runners or shufflers who you have to sponsor who then do no training and then claim success because they finish in 3 h 20m which turns out to be 48,746th place....I better stop...All very Victor Mildrew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

When my buyer calls on SAT afternoon, leaves a deposit and wants to come as early as possible on Sunday morning to view and collect. Because It's very important they do it as early as possible. Is 9am early enough for a Sunday? Em, 8am would be better but ok, let's do 9. The time is now 9:13 and the text has arrived: "Running late, will be with you in 30 minutes. Sorry".

Makes me laugh this. Even if you had arranged to meet them at 8, they still would’ve arrived at 9:30. 

2 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Even if you had arranged to meet them at 8, they still would’ve arrived at 9:30. 

In fairness to them they turned out to be the nicest couple, did the whole deal in under 20 minutes. Actually the deal overall was more interesting that the last 20 minutes, I started a separate topic on it...

Edited by Nick M.K.

Billy just turned up 11.30 Sunday,,,, well more Abdul than Billy,,, but will call him Billy,,,, walks round pitch for 10 mins then asks if we any 7 seaters, I say the Mazda 5 you have just been looking at is the ONLY 7 seater we have,, walks round pitch for 5 more minutes and says,,,,,, is Kia 7 seater, i say the ONLY 7 seater is Mazda.... walks round pitch again and says is BMW X3 7seater,,,,, i say ONLY 7seater is Mazda,,,, its going to be one of those Sundays....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Del Boy said:

I had this the other evening. 

My phone was ringing constantly from 8pm on a Saturday night which I decided (quite rightly) not to answer. No messages left. 

She phoned back the following morning to book an appointment. 

They arrived looking at the car for their daughter (enough said), it was the MOST painful experience of my life. The Dad turned into a mechanic and ripped the car apart then test drove it wanting to make sure the ABS was working so was slamming the brakes on constantly. 

They left ‘thinking about it’ then the daughter text a few days later saying her ‘financial advisor’ has advised her it’s not the right time for her to be buying a car of that value. 

£5k. 

ooooh Financial advisor for 5 k , she has a lot to learn doesn't she :) 

3 hours ago, tradex said:

4 hours ago, whitestone679231 said:

Billy just turned up 11.30 Sunday,,,, well more Abdul than Billy,,, but will call him Billy,,,, walks round pitch for 10 mins then asks if we any 7 seaters, I say the Mazda 5 you have just been looking at is the ONLY 7 seater we have,, walks round pitch for 5 more minutes and says,,,,,, is Kia 7 seater, i say the ONLY 7 seater is Mazda.... walks round pitch again and says is BMW X3 7seater,,,,, i say ONLY 7seater is Mazda,,,, its going to be one of those Sundays....

Got any two seaters then , get two sales then tell him and have the bonus of a spare one too :) 

Social Media Posts - We put a link to the advert directly to the car being advertised
First question - How Much? ( Click the link Duh!!!)
Next question - Any More Details ( Click The Link......)
:rolleyes:

When people point out tyres are low on tread and they are perfectly fine and they say oh yes I don't think they are illegal but look like they will need doing in 8/9/12 months etc.... No shit they are not new and neither is rest of the car :lol:

People who come in without their PX.

Customers who say the car seems expensive for what it is, when you then ask them what evidence they base this on they just say dunno just is.

• Like 1

Professional lookers, knowitalls, chavs, motability, people expecting the moon on a stick (cheers James) for under £2k.  Has the cambelt been changed on a chain driven motor. Penniless, greed, disrespectful, these cars are notorious for.... (why look then).  Whole families coming to view, kids running around, have you got a toilet, need to check the insurance, how long have you been doing this. My family ringing me every single day asking me to do something for them (because being self employed means I have all the time in the world). People wanting to come to the auction and save a fortune.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Professional lookers, knowitalls, chavs, motability, people expecting the moon on a stick (cheers James) for under £2k.  Has the cambelt been changed on a chain driven motor. Penniless, greed, disrespectful, these cars are notorious for.... (why look then).  Whole families coming to view, kids running around, have you got a toilet, need to check the insurance, how long have you been doing this. My family ringing me every single day asking me to do something for them (because being self employed means I have all the time in the world). People wanting to come to the auction and save a fortune.

Lol agree with every word of this! 

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

People wanting to come to the auction and save a fortune.

THIS! 

I sometimes take them. Blackbushe, Hall 3, 11-11:30am on a Monday following a payday week. 

Prices in that Inchcape Retail section are indeed......retail. Beyond retail sometimes. My friends / customers look bewildered and we can't win anything of course. I ask them to drastically increase their budget, then get them a "bargain" in their absence late afternoon on Wednesdays or Fridays. 

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

No offence taken. 

Lol. You speak better English that us lot nick! 

3 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Lol. You speak better English that us lot nick! 

I don't know about speaking but my spelling and grammar are certainly way above average :lol: 

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

I don't know about speaking but my spelling and grammar are certainly way above average :lol: 

All the practice writting letters to customers by the sound of it! :D

• Like 1

Just now, Del Boy said:

All the practice writting letters to customers by the sound of it!

I prefer to talk to my customers on the phone but certainly have a few letter templates for those few that say "There is nothing more to be said, my solicitor will be in touch soon"

8 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I prefer to talk to my customers on the phone but certainly have a few letter templates for those few that say "There is nothing more to be said, my solicitor will be in touch soon"

Love those letters, BTW I agree you write like you born here :)