Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

“Dippy” the Peugeot 107 Auto

I’ve an aygo auto that’s coming back to me as the punter says it feels like it’s going to stall when cold and in low gears, everyone I’ve had felt like that, has anyone any experiences 

a mate had one and I noticed it was also rough when cold. auto too.

1 hour ago, Zest said:

a mate had one and I noticed it was also rough when cold. auto too.

its telling the punter they are all shite, thats the issue

6 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

I’ve an aygo auto that’s coming back to me as the punter says it feels like it’s going to stall when cold and in low gears, everyone I’ve had felt like that, has anyone any experiences 

I can assure you that is exactly how they drive, it’s a characteristic of the gearbox. 

9 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Hello Simon

Loved the video

How do I pay the deposit?

8 hours ago, Zest said:

Hi Simon, great video! What's your postcode? I need to get to you before David does! :P

if you still have it how much for the spare wheel?

these are usually missing when i buy them

You can probably buy all of the wheels off Simon and get the car for free :lol:

• Like 1

Im just waiting for the huge issue when i tell the punter they are all like that.

is there a definitive test I can do to show its not cattled?

Tell ’em straight & send them on their way. Give people like that an ear & they’ll want to whinge into it.

51 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Im just waiting for the huge issue when i tell the punter they are all like that.

yes but it involves a cliff

are you feeling brave?:lol:

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

lift the bonnet, wiggle a few wires, check levels, make him a cuppa, plug it in, no fault codes, bye B)

On 8/26/2018 at 9:56 AM, andymc1973 said:

+1

they are all like that - they feel like they are going to stall even at 4k rpm. :lol:

I'd get them to bring it back, drive it yourself with them in the car, show them how to drive it and show them it drives fine with someone driving it properly, have it plugged in at the same time.

do some online reading on common 'stalling' faults to prepare yourself for any likely diagnosis, lets face it, if there's actually an issue, it'll be a £30 part and easy fit.

OR

show them this thread, combined we've probably had experience of 30+ different Aygo/107/C1s.

Edited by justlooking

The clutch simply disengages drive before selecting the next gear. That’s how it operates. Unless you are thrashing it the car slows between gear changes. 

Otherwise, tell you have a nice Jaz with a Cvt gearbox coming in shortly....

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

The clutch simply disengages drive before selecting the next gear. That’s how it operates. Unless you are thrashing it the car slows between gear changes. 

Exactly, say that and no more ;)

6 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

except that they dont once they get a bit of age on them

remember a slippy clutch could cause weirdy problems too

On 28/08/2018 at 11:10 AM, boring dave said:

except that they dont once they get a bit of age on them

remember a slippy clutch could cause weirdy problems too

Actuators on these are a bloody expensive and common thing to need to fix, the rest of it's cheap enough to repair but there's always a list when we get one in. Aygo/107/C1 autos are one of the ultimate boomerang cars IMO

3 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Actuators on these are a bloody expensive and common thing to need to fix, the rest of it's cheap enough to repair but there's always a list when we get one in. Aygo/107/C1 autos are one of the ultimate boomerang cars IMO

what kind of price for the part and labour are we talking here?

9 hours ago, Zest said:

what kind of price for the part and labour are we talking here?

I can't remember the exact figures but the part was Toyota only and around £600 - £800 a couple of years ago. Caused all kinds of issues with multiple warning lights, loss of power etc. Clutch on them is cheap enough but needs to be set/programmed after fitting by Toyota so worth bearing in mind if you send one to an indie garage as we do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

I can't remember the exact figures but the part was Toyota only and around £600 - £800 a couple of years ago. Caused all kinds of issues with multiple warning lights, loss of power etc. Clutch on them is cheap enough but needs to be set/programmed after fitting by Toyota so worth bearing in mind if you send one to an indie garage as we do.

also 2 different geasrboxes fitted early and late with different ratios

i was told £400 for the part ,fitting looks easy,im not sure how you set it up because these cars are not can bussed

• Like 1