Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Car dealer club

I am embarrassed to say I have discovered that our guys do not subscribe to this mag,they get sent the other one which maybe should be rebranded Franchised Dealer Bollicks.I do think £49 for the info we get from this forum alone is worth it,so I have now subscribed.

This forum is worth hundreds if not thousands of pounds. It's brilliant.

• Like 1

I have found some brilliant information so far. 

Everyone seems genuine and happy to impart helpful advice.

• Like 1

It just makes you feel that you're not "alone" when many of us are sole traders or sole directors.

This job can be lonely, troubling even but knowing others have been there and survived is a great reassurance.  Personally, I love this trade and I learn something everyday, partially through my activities but a lot from here too.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I am embarrassed to say I have discovered that our guys do not subscribe to this mag,they get sent the other one which maybe should be rebranded Franchised Dealer Bollicks.I do think £49 for the info we get from this forum alone is worth it,so I have now subscribed.

£49 is value just for the Big Mike column alone.  (I still think it's BHM ;0)

Very useful forum and with a good mix of people. 

The amount of info I gained from this that helped me out. I would not have known what a self funded warranty was, who lawgistics were and loads of other stuff.

First time a customer writes a strongly worded letter and you brick it and then realise you have actually done nothing wrong and contest something succesfully. 

Nice to see the fresh cycle of new dealers who are getting stuck in and learning, EPV will go far as he pays attention and asks the right questions like I did when first starting.

It's a fantastic forum, however I feel it could do with a tweak. I think it would benefit from some sub forums being added and maybe restricting new users to starting new threads.

That said, it's all buckshee so mustn't grumble.

• Like 1

My only criticism is of "us" not the mag/forum.

This is a public forum and I think we should be using the Private room more often (I am guilty too).

I hate the idea of a rogue trader, dodgy doorstepper et al benefiting from the free advice us tax paying, law abiding, warranty honouring, properly preparing traders do.

I also don't like to share my wins and fails with everman and his dog, whereas occassionally I like to share my joy or tears with fellow traders outside of the public domain.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

This is a public forum and I think we should be using the Private room more often (I am guilty too).

I hate the idea of a rogue trader, dodgy doorstepper et al benefiting from the free advice us tax paying, law abiding, warranty honouring, properly preparing traders do.

I also don't like to share my wins and fails with everman and his dog, whereas occassionally I like to share my joy or tears with fellow traders outside of the public domain.

Agreed but I got no reply when I tried to join a while back.  However, I'm not sure I'd say anything particularly different in there than on here.

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Good point.......I will do that.

If we start using the PML as our general chat page, they will follow......

Most of the other forum headings don't get utilised, so just farm it all over to private.....please.

Especially when one post the other day inadvertently left the customers phone number on a copied and pasted transcipt - whoops

Good idea Mark. 

Those who don’t have access just hassle admin, they will do it eventually :)

28 minutes ago, EPV said:

Good idea Mark. 

Those who don’t have access just hassle admin, they will do it eventually :)

I gave up after a couple of tries and just messaged Andy Entwistle.

He sorted it out straight away.

What I like about this forum is you can actually say what you think and have an opinion... the old AT forum was just an outlet for brainwashing, you couldn’t say boo to a goose. Bethany was just a stuck record, repeating corporate BS over and over again. 

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Agreed. 

I originally found this forum by searching for another car dealer just for interest. The dealer came up as a participant on this forum on Google. Any member of the public can do the same and can read all the banter / comments if your dealership is named with your username on the forum. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I feel the same mark and and have tried the recommended request account and Andy to no avail, in the end, I just changed my username to something generic 

Edited by justlooking

5 hours ago, Mark101 said:

This is a public forum and I think we should be using the Private room more often

I too tried to join that Private chat and all I got was "I am away on holiday" autoreplies. 

left hand right hand

use this as your mantra and you dont need to go to the smoking sheds to talk

remember we all had to start somewhere if daddy didnt provide so any people looking in theres a vast amount of honest knowledge on here and i prefer it that way

im  on a couple of dark websites for mechanical/electrical help and help given but we are members across the world not just the uk and the help we give each other on there helps us to stay ahead of a wally who thinks all the answers are on youtube if his engine light comes on

i willingly give advice to anybody in this trade if they ask and are willing to use the advice,i always give people 2 strikes and im out mind

• Like 1

I haven't been able to join either.. What is the point in having a freaking private section for traders when no one is able to join it apart from those that pester..!

1 hour ago, AutoJacob said:

I haven't been able to join either.. What is the point in having a freaking private section for traders when no one is able to join it apart from those that pester..!

Surely you just email a copy of your trade ins policy,quote your vat number and website details.I seem to recall at first they did not accept our company ins policy because my name is not mentioned on it.It was quickly resolved.

12 hours ago, trade vet said:

Surely you just email a copy of your trade ins policy,quote your vat number and website details.I seem to recall at first they did not accept our company ins policy because my name is not mentioned on it.It was quickly resolved.

Exactly that.  Insurance, Ltd No. and in 24 hours later

17 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I too tried to join that Private chat and all I got was "I am away on holiday" autoreplies. 

Drop Andy Entwistle a message he will get it sorted Nik.