Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful South Martin

Mercedes E Class 3.0 CDi

I've got an E Class Merc 3.0 CDi with a random humming noise on tickover and when you pull away, it sounds like the noise of a  fuel pump when it kicks in, my sparky has diagnosed the ABS pump. Going to get the brakes bled again as its just had a new brake pipe fitted, but I'm not holding my breath as a cure. Ive not priced a new one from Merc as it will be telephone numbers no doubt. Anyone know where I can get it reconditioned?

I had the same issue on a bmw. Sent abs pump to bba reman. £195 inc vat and returned within 5 days. 

The servo assistance on these cars comes in the form of an electric pump rather than vacuum from the engine. 

It is normal for the pump to buzz when the system requires more vacuum, from memory it buzzes every few presses of the pedal. 

ill concur they all do it on start up the E320s of this generation get it shifted.

9 hours ago, Ek cars said:

ill concur they all do it on start up the E320s of this generation

Yep. Also I just sold one to a couple of Asian gentleman so if it wasn’t the norm you could guarantee that would of been a basis for some hard negotiation :lol: 

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Yep. Also I just sold one to a couple of Asian gentleman so if it wasn’t the norm you could guarantee that would of been a basis for some hard negotiation :lol: 

You mean they didn’t negotiate hard anyway? Lol 

If the car is older than 2007 the Sensotronic ABS unit does make that noise by design. A newer E Class doesn't have that system (it was troublesome and they stopped installing it).

Mind i bought a Brabus edition 2004 e320 cdi with brake assist visit workshop message (never again).

....... but send it off to BBA reman and they'll still happily charge you £195+VAT!;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, met said:

....... but send it off to BBA reman and they'll still happily charge you £195+VAT!;)

And keep it for 7-10 working days!

1 hour ago, met said:

I’d rather throw the unit in the bin & chance a secondhander courtesy of fleabay.

8 hours ago, Del Boy said:

You mean they didn’t negotiate hard anyway? Lol 

No, I’d squared them up on the phone beforehand & warned then any shenanigans & they’d be travelling the 200 miles back home empty handed. A pleasure to deal with actually!!!

5 hours ago, BHM said:

I’d rather throw the unit in the bin & chance a secondhander courtesy of fleabay.

No, I’d squared them up on the phone beforehand & warned then any shenanigans & they’d be travelling the 200 miles back home empty handed. A pleasure to deal with actually!!!

what

they didnt even try the paying you short routine

amazin    g:lol:

No, nice to deal with actually. The trouble is no one believes me. :lol: