Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

I’m never buying another Land Rover

That’s it never ever again. Finally sold my Disco 3 HSE yesterday, the hateful thing has been sat in the corner laughing and sniggering at me since last August !!

It’s my 2nd loss for this year but I’ll keep smiling :) 

• Like 1

I feel your pain - I'm sending the RR Sport to the block (whenever the bloody V5 arrives)

All sorted but I don't want to be selling a 158k Land Rover of any model - not worth the agro but helped me shift the sticky Fiat 500 by accepting it in PX

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I feel your pain - I'm sending the RR Sport to the block (whenever the bloody V5 arrives)

All sorted but I don't want to be selling a 158k Land Rover of any model - not worth the agro but helped me shift the sticky Fiat 500 by accepting it in PX

Bloody 500's !! I've had my pink one (PX) since January, not one call !! 

• Like 1

Yep, adding 500's to the Land Rover banned list - mine took forever despite being the right spec and colour.

Pink was very brave Simon (or very cheap :P)

I said the very same last year after another haldex unit and rear diff bill cost over £2000...... but greedy bstard that I am thought a mint FSH low miles evoque had good profit in it so had to be bought..... last week I had a £2000 bill for transfer box on same evoque.... never again am I buying a Landrover..... or will I ....

23 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

That’s it never ever again. Finally sold my Disco 3 HSE yesterday, the hateful thing has been sat in the corner laughing and sniggering at me since last August !!

It’s my 2nd loss for this year but I’ll keep smiling :) 

AD......There is some cheap stock for you out there this week to replace it.......May we be allowed to know how much you blew......my guess less than £20 per week since August.

500s next on my banned list

tight margins

noisy suspensions 

sit for yonks 

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

AD......There is some cheap stock for you out there this week to replace it.......May we be allowed to know how much you blew......my guess less than £20 per week since August.

£1200 inc VAT.:lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

500s next on my banned list

tight margins

noisy suspensions 

sit for yonks 

Half of Washington's sale yesterday must have been taken up by the bloody things and the are everywhere on auction view. I've never been tempted and never will be.

Plus 1 on Disco's by the way.

Oh, and Vauxhall diesels can take a running jump until the french put them straight.

12 minutes ago, sparky said:

Half of Washington's sale yesterday must have been taken up by the bloody things and the are everywhere on auction view. I've never been tempted and never will be.

Plus 1 on Disco's by the way.

Oh, and Vauxhall diesels can take a running jump until the french put them straight.

Sparky,that is old news,Washington has not been a proper sale for 20 years.

• Like 1

Once Landies get under your skin you can’t help it. Doesn’t matter if you can hear it rusting at night, you’ll still go out to it in the morning and love it more than your kids 

10 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

LIKE  :lol:

I am being deadly very worrying serious its getting stupid now, at this rate i will have a choice between a Clio Fiesta and Puntos.

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Bloody 500's !! I've had my pink one (PX) since January, not one call !! 

with the state of the rims im not surprised

why dont you just spend 20 minutes with a touch up brush if you cant be arsed to do them properly

that car has only one customer looking for it and because its that colour its got to look better than new,but you know this

Just now, chief runnin bee said:

with the state of the rims im not surprised

why dont you just spend 20 minutes with a touch up brush if you cant be arsed to do them properly

that car has only one customer looking for it and because its that colour its got to look better than new,but you know this

I agree :) 

When I've got a moment Ill paint the wheels black.

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

My avoid list is now bigger than my wish list

Same here I dont know what to buy next half the time. :huh:

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Same here I dont know what to buy next half the time. :huh:

this is the time to come out of your comfort zone and think outside the box

think oddball or cars you normally turn your nose up at

dont be too extreme though

Edited by chief runnin bee

The auction halls are littered with loads of Fiat 500s.

I see early Disco 3 trade valuations seem to have dropped recently - 10 year old ones look cheap to my eyes.

All this talk of losses is worrying - I’ve only had one so far this year & that was only about £80. I’ve not had a proper blow for a good while so I’m probably due a biggie. You know you’re a real trader when you get a four figure loss walloped up you!

I'd like to know who are these members of the public paying £22-24k for 2012 Range Rover's ?!

(and what is the potential downside to retailing them - I know, I know !)

29 minutes ago, BHM said:

The auction halls are littered with loads of Fiat 500s.

I see early Disco 3 trade valuations seem to have dropped recently - 10 year old ones look cheap to my eyes.

All this talk of losses is worrying - I’ve only had one so far this year & that was only about £80. I’ve not had a proper blow for a good while so I’m probably due a biggie. You know you’re a real trader when you get a four figure loss walloped up you!

My biggest loss last year was a..................

Go on have a guess.........

Range Rover Sport 4.2 SC..... That one laughed and sniggered over 3k out of me. 

I didn’t learn then, I thought I’m not going to get bitten twice...

Never ever every again....

Looking at these comments, I'm soooo glad I've just bought a 500 Twin Air - NOT!! 

I assume the difference between that and a skip is that you can get out of a skip!

It will fit perfectly with my 07 Freelander 2 and my 11 plate Mazda 3 TS that no bastard has even looked at in 4 weeks.

Still, at least I cleared my asthmatic Merc E200 Estate that I only lost £900 on.

After almost 40 years, I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this......

Edited by Ask Pete
Typo
  • Like 1