tradegirl

How many chances do you give for viewing?

Guy came on Thursday night for a viewing. Scheduled at 6,30pm (home trader), local guy for his sister. After 6.30, "sorry, will be there before 7". 7 came and went, no reply. Then "sorry I had a job to do, on my way", I said I'll be leaving at 8.30, he rolls up at 8.40pm. "Sorry was at work"

He loved the car, said his sister would be collecting it at 9.10am the following morning. Never showed, no phone call or anything.

7.30pm same night, says they want to come now with his sister and see the car. I told him to tell me exactly the time, as he's stitched me up twice. "Sorry, I'd overslept this morning, but I'll tell you an exact time"
Messages me later at 8.30pm that they want to come at 9pm. Ok fine.
Messages me at 9pm to say "Sorry, we'll be there tomorrow 9.30am DEFO THIS TIME"

Any bets as to who isn't here yet at 10.15? Called him twice, no answer.

I'm about to lose a sale and never give this guy another chance. I've already sent him a message saying be here by 10.30 if you're interested, but it's the last time I'll do you a viewing.

This guy must surely be having me on? Or he's not quite there in the head? I'm thinking, do I really want to sell him a car? (I mean risk/complaints-wise)
Am I wrong in striking him off?

I would have fucked him off at the first opportunity. That being when he was late for his rescheduled 7pm appointment. That was his second appointment effectively. 

I don’t tolerate people like that. It’s the 21st century and people can contact each instantly. 

Ring him and tell him you would rather sell the car to someone who can act like a decent human being. 

If he’s trouble now what do you think he’ll do when a bulb on his sisters car goes?

• Like 1

Agree, block his number and move on.

he doesn't deserve an explanation as to why he cant buy the car now.. if he didn't already know

I'm thinking the same. This car has a tidy profit and not that many viewings though. Would have loved to have sold it today, but this guy seems like bad news.

5 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

I'm thinking the same. This car has a tidy profit and not that many viewings though. Would have loved to have sold it today, but this guy seems like bad news.

I’d rather go skint than sell to a cretin like this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

I'd say pay holding deposit or stop wasting my time.

Sounds like a good idea. He asked me if I wanted paying by cash or a cheque :rolleyes:

Fully expecting him to call back for a viewing.

Glad you all agree though, thought maybe my customer service skills were off.

Just now, EPV said:

I’d rather go skint than sell to a cretin like this. 

Sometimes the money isn't worth it!

Text him and tell him NOT to travel to view it as you have another person on the way and very interested. Might make him more motivated. If he rings again later tell him the other person absolutely loved the car, it was the best of 5 others he'd already seen and he went away to "get his finances in order". Car still available for now but you have to be quick sir. I'd hate for you to miss out and have to go back to square one. 

• Like 1

He's a time waster. Just call him and tell him you cannot hold it as you have strong interest in it. If he doesn't reply then just send a SMS. Focus on getting it sold, not chasing time wasters.

• Like 1

Told him by 10.30 was his last chance to view then I'm not carrying on with him. That I've got other viewings anyway for the car.
This is the guy who said he fixes cars (black hands) and was worried about the coolant level stick as he didn't know what it was...
Took new photos of the car, fingers crossed someone serious turns up!

I’d of fucked him off after the first let down. As for messing about texting like a schoolgirl making out you’ve other viewings, don’t bother. You don’t want a tit like that messing you about & anyway, why play the text dickhead?

3 minutes ago, BHM said:

I’d of fucked him off after the first let down. As for messing about texting like a schoolgirl making out you’ve other viewings, don’t bother. You don’t want a tit like that messing you about & anyway, why play the text dickhead?

This.

56 minutes ago, BHM said:

BHM, perhaps you're right about the text. Desperate times though. He's just text that he wants to come at 5pm though 

I might tell him come but not a penny off the asking price and only if you're coming with cash or else don't bother. It hurts my pride to grant him a viewing, but...effing slow sales.

let us know what happens, if he shows up and is difficult in anyway or tries to haggle, just lock the car up, and walk away saying I have wasted enough of my time with you Im not going to do so any further.

Its a bit like dating, if they don't turn up.... look for another date.

If you chase them you end up looking like a bunny boiler.

13 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Its a bit like dating, if they don't turn up.... look for another date.

If you chase them you end up looking like a bunny boiler.

Agree, tell him you're open at 8.30am and you are off home around 6pm, he can come any time he likes? He's not booking a doctors appointment?

Edited by met

8 minutes ago, met said:

Agree, tell him you're open at 8.30am and you are off home around 6pm, he can come any time he likes? He's not booking a doctors appointment?

Met, we're home based, so viewings are by appointment.

Starting to think the guy is not at all right in the head. I replied telling him to get his sister to call me...no reply.

Punters that text get no replies from me (I do ring them back but won’t text. It’s pathetic and no way to conduct business. If they’re serious they can take a moment and ring.). 

I don’t mind emails, but I will follow up with a phone call regarding viewings. 

Ignore him now  

You’ll have some good luck soon!

Just now, tradegirl said:

Starting to think the guy is not at all right in the head. I replied telling him to get his sister to call me...no reply.

You can't 'force' them to come. Don't get yourself too stressed about times, slowly slowly catchy monkey. As has already been mentioned, if you keep banging on about times you'll come across as a desperate seller.

Just my tuppence worth:D

6 hours ago, EPV said:

I would have fucked him off at the first opportunity. That being when he was late for his rescheduled 7pm appointment. That was his second appointment effectively. 

I don’t tolerate people like that. It’s the 21st century and people can contact each instantly. 

Ring him and tell him you would rather sell the car to someone who can act like a decent human being. 

If he’s trouble now what do you think he’ll do when a bulb on his sisters car goes?

I agree totally. 

35 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Cos he isn’t. As Arfur says above (more or less),  he’s an ignorant twat. He probably hasn’t even got a sister.

The occasional text I receive, despite ALL adverts clearly stating no texts, I ignore. Genuine punters will phone (most genuine punters don’t text anyway - that’s the Scumtree/Facefook brigade) if their texts are ignored. Those that then don’t follow up with a phone call aren’t serious.

DO NOT CONDUCT BUSINESS BY TEXT. ITS A MUGS GAME.

7 minutes ago, BHM said:

Cos he isn’t. As Arfur says above (more or less),  he’s an ignorant twat. He probably hasn’t even got a sister.

The occasional text I receive, despite ALL adverts clearly stating no texts, I ignore. Genuine punters will phone (most genuine punters don’t text anyway - that’s the Scumtree/Facefook brigade) if their texts are ignored. Those that then don’t follow up with a phone call aren’t serious.

DO NOT CONDUCT BUSINESS BY TEXT. ITS A MUGS GAME.

Agree 100%

His first contact was by phone (10 missed calls), but yeah. Something not right.

For today I left it at "Get your sister to ring me" and no reply. BHM, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a sister.

So...there ends today's Scooby adventure. That and a guy coming to see a C3 who was "9 minutes away", and then 50 minutes later "couldn't make it now", I'd call this a bang up day!

Hope you're all off to the pub or the garden now!

All of the above reminds me why I operate the way I do and only appoint “video viewed””deposit paid” “confirmed buyers”. 

I have no tolerance for time wasters. 

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

All of the above reminds me why I operate the way I do and only appoint “video viewed””deposit paid” “confirmed buyers”. 

I have no tolerance for time wasters. 

That's the dream, Arfur. Got a few changes to make until we're there yet!