Sign in to follow this  
DBDlloyds

Pug 1007 1.4 HDI

Hi Guys,

I have been offered a Peugeot 1007 1.4 HDI for sensible money. It is a truly hateful looking thing but potentially it has a nice profit in it.

Anybody have any experience with these bad boys, as said before I am very limited for space so don't want something sitting for ages...

Cheers Dean.

Watch out for the doors on these Dean. They had a habit of opening when they felt like it ;-)

just to confirm

its a diesel in an unwanted diesel in  todays world

its the 1.4 diesel mm let me think on that one

it has those doors that open themselves when you walk away from it

peugeot walked away from the project because of warranty claims

and you want to buy it to retail it and turn it round quick

would i buy it?        no

at least boxes of ibuprofen are only 12p in aldi

Sadly a crap car with the 1.4 hdi which is worse than the 1.6 DV6 HDI

We knocked our one and only example in double quick time. Thought we'd have it an age because I couldn't really see what the diesel offered over the common petrol ones. Needed injector seals, leaked oil like a sieve, was quite nippy but a bit smelly.

Never again.

As long as the gearbox is ok, get it bought. Always used to do well with them. Last one I had was in bright yellow and the phone didn't stop ringing for it.

I too sold a yellow one almost immediately.  Was petrol though and only a basic engine and gearbox warranty.

It can only be a cup of tea anyway no?

Then the phone will ring my doors are not working and the engine is knocking ^^^

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Sadly a crap car with the 1.4 hdi which is worse than the 1.6 DV6 HDI

1.4 HDI is actually a very good engine and cheap to tax too. The main issues with them is the copper injector seals which can fail causing a smell of diesel inside the car. The turbo's are reliable but if they do fail they can be changed in half an hour. They also do not have a Dual Mass Flywheel to change with the clutch so they're a million miles better than the hateful DV6 in our eyes. :D

Must admit the doors on the 1007 are a different matter all together though....haven't found a barge pole long enough yet! ;)

5 hours ago, sparky said:

As long as the gearbox is ok, get it bought. Always used to do well with them. Last one I had was in bright yellow and the phone didn't stop ringing for it.

I bought a bright yellow / gold colour one a few years back, Automatic with low miles and it flew out. Did have to fit a new motor to one of the doors, cost approx £40. There's a bum for every seat! 

Edited by Dealer
Spelling

I know it’s gone so this is immaterial but surely it wasn’t a major expenditure decision? Not much more than scrap money surely?

5 hours ago, KSMOTORS said:

1.4 HDI is actually a very good engine and cheap to tax too. The main issues with them is the copper injector seals which can fail causing a smell of diesel inside the car. The turbo's are reliable but if they do fail they can be changed in half an hour. They also do not have a Dual Mass Flywheel to change with the clutch so they're a million miles better than the hateful DV6 in our eyes. :D

Really? Not what I've seen in the past! 

Do they really sell that well? They always seam to fetch way below book at auction, always made me think there was a reason for it.

On 6/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, BHM said:

I know it’s gone so this is immaterial but surely it wasn’t a major expenditure decision? Not much more than scrap money surely?

You are right, it was very cheap, the reason for my question was down to space, defiantly not money... can't afford to take up any space with a car that would not turnover quickly.