Sign in to follow this  
DBDlloyds

Hyundai Coupe

Hi Guys, 

I have been offered a Hyundai Coupe 2002 1.6 FSH really cheap.

Have no idea how they sell and as I trade from home I don't want to risk taking up valuable space.

Any input would be appreciated

I've always done OK with them, think the road tax is OK on the 1.6 as well

Was on this forum a while ago and a few were going on about the Coupes being sought after- particularly with the younger people.

I've always done OK with them (later cars though than your one) but I've found every manual one I've had needed a clutch or it was on its last legs.

i wouldnt want to sell it

its a hundy thats 16 years old and niche

just saying:)...............

6 minutes ago, chief runnin bee said:

i wouldnt want to sell it

its a hundy thats 16 years old and niche

just saying:)...............

That is my gut feeling but could do with some stock at the moment so wondered if worth a punt.....

Thanks for reply.

If you're putting scrap sort of money in to it (which if its cheap and 16 years old it should be) you have very little to lose, assuming its not a nail with lots of pending issues. because you can't sell tarmac (unless you're a pykie)

Well valeted, photo'd in the sun and with alloys that don't look like a chicken nugget it's got to be worth £7-995 to someone this time of year.

Edited by Mojo121

What’s the mileage?

they used to be decent for young people wanting something a bit different and insurance isn’t that bad on the 1.5

1.6 sorry 

6 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

What’s the mileage?

they used to be decent for young people wanting something a bit different and insurance isn’t that bad on the 1.5

1.6 sorry 

79,000 FSH & 1 owner.

1 minute ago, Dlloyds said:

79,000 FSH & 1 owner.

a gem! get it bought! Modern classic.......

• Like 1

Just now, Matt Reid said:

a gem! get it bought! Modern classic.......

ha ha, sounds like a winner...

Be prepared to change all the wheel bearings though?:)

They're good solid cars, 02 - 09 is the G4GC engine which is reliable.

If you need any parts let me know I have a container full, although I don't normally touch the older gen 3 models, the later shape (SIII) sell well.

6 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

I've always done OK with them (later cars though than your one) but I've found every manual one I've had needed a clutch or it was on its last legs.

i took one in p/ex a fair bit ago, in fact he gave it to me and was quite honest clutch is slipping, i ebay auctioned it, full description, clutch is slipping, drives but cant guarantee it will get you home, it did i think, £130, guy travels over 100 mile to collect it, he came on train, no notice, just turned up, let him inspect it and he said clutch slips if you boot it hard :huh: yes, it was in description matey ? he walked, i took it round to scrapyard later that day, took a brand new battery off it, a quality stereo out of dash, and got £180 for the weigh in, and i have never auctioned another car on ebay since :lol:

10 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

i took one in p/ex a fair bit ago, in fact he gave it to me and was quite honest clutch is slipping, i ebay auctioned it, full description, clutch is slipping, drives but cant guarantee it will get you home, it did i think, £130, guy travels over 100 mile to collect it, he came on train, no notice, just turned up, let him inspect it and he said clutch slips if you boot it hard :huh: yes, it was in description matey ? he walked, i took it round to scrapyard later that day, took a brand new battery off it, a quality stereo out of dash, and got £180 for the weigh in, and i have never auctioned another car on ebay since :lol:

These people are absolute morons, how can they be that stupid to bid and buy without “reading” the description. It’s simply cretinous. 

It really bugs the hell out of me that I have to tell people to read the advert, watch the video, look at the pictures.....

Stupid, stupid, effin stupid idiots..