Sign in to follow this  
It's me

car wash probe

Whilst I don’t agree with their business model. This is not going to be good news, customers (lazy bastards)  rely on these places keeping their cars look semi respectable and clean.

What will all the immigrants do for work?

Hand car wash probe.....I am thinking,tax fraud,money laundering,drug dealing,illegal immigrants,modern slavery etc...but no it’s their effect on the environment....You can imagine these gang masters will be quaking with fear when a council wally turns up on a pushbike with a clipboard and makes polite PC enquiries about their detergent......’ only use Poundland soft on hands mild and GREEN Fairy liquid ‘council man ticks box and thanks gang master and goes away...

I have one close by, its next to the canal, countryside walks etc.. I have always wondered what kind of water rates overhead they have as they dont appear to use any water tanks.. they are adjacent to a Shell station so I would guess the drains a ok for waste at this place..... Another one in the other direction is near the exit for Tesco, tatty old warehouse, once again - next to a river, this one is always busy.. even though Tesco offer their own wash/valet in the car park for lazy shoppers.. 

Both are staffed by many with a very poor command of the native tongue..

Edited by Area 51

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hand car wash probe.....I am thinking,tax fraud,money laundering,drug dealing,illegal immigrants,modern slavery etc...but no it’s their effect on the environment....You can imagine these gang masters will be quaking with fear when a council wally turns up on a pushbike with a clipboard and makes polite PC enquiries about their detergent......’ only use Poundland soft on hands mild and GREEN Fairy liquid ‘council man ticks box and thanks gang master and goes away...

They have already moved away from a few down our way, into Mens hairdressers and sunbed salons, was quite funny to watch well not funny more sad a uk based start up try and duplicate the business model which lasted less than three months funny that.

The local ones round my way are shit, and a lot of them have attitude problems. I actually do most of my valeting, I cannot find a decent reliable one. The only one I do know has put his prices up.

About time. To be honest I'm amazed it's took so long for any sort of action to be taken, and I hope action is taken and it's not just empty words. If the majority of these places had to abide by the rules of the land like the rest of us do then they wouldn't even get to first base.

Maybe I'm a bit biased, because as soon as they go, guess what will be popping up on my main road forecourt, and it cost a lot more than £3.50:D

44 minutes ago, ik1980 said:

The local ones round my way are shit, and a lot of them have attitude problems. I actually do most of my valeting, I cannot find a decent reliable one. The only one I do know has put his prices up.

A decent valeter won’t ever be cheap. The shitty ‘lash over’ most of these places provide is good enough for the lazy trash who patronise these businesses.

I wonder how many environmentally aware council employees frequent these places ignoring the alleged environmental concerns yet go back to work to instigate the latest errr...environmental initiative.

To be fair to the lads who seem to run these places working day in day out is hard(ish) graft - it’s unfortunate that a number a run on a gang basis.

A couple of blokes in a supermarket car park with a jet wash and a cloth isn't a valet!

Yeah, just like when a punter PX’s their car saying ‘it’s just been valeted’!

Yeah right. 

19 hours ago, BHM said:

What will all the immigrants do for work?

Open up those weird Polish grocery shops that sell jars of pickled vegetables and dozens of types of Vodka?

1 hour ago, met said:

Open up those weird Polish grocery shops that sell jars of pickled vegetables and dozens of types of Vodka?

and baccy from the secret drawer

Our one just had DEFRA down checking his water runoff and chemical handling today so it's defiantly happening and not just words/a hollow threat. 

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Our one just had DEFRA down checking his water runoff and chemical handling today so it's defiantly happening and not just words/a hollow threat. 

Yeah, I can't believe there's a car wash anywhere in London that doesn't have the council busting their ass about waste water. The only place the council won't go is a gypo site.

11 hours ago, met said:

The only place the council won't go is a gypo site.

Applies to the Police as well!

1 hour ago, Cornish Guy said:

Applies to the Police as well!

Yes, very true.