Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Easter holiday trade

Been really quiet for me over the Easter holiday. Combination of poor weather and kids off.

how has everyone else done?

Really good, sold 60% of my stock.....

BUT, I only had 5 in stock and sold 3 ha ha....

Half term can generally be quiet, last one was a disaster for us..... Then we had the snow too which really set us back. 3 this week though and 6 last week. We only stock around 40 so im happy with that. 

Sold the first one for the month today, although I know better than to count the chickens without readies in the bank. 99% sure they will cough up though.

Can sense I'm a few days away from a purple patch though...

worked too many bank holidays to know that the business i would get is not worth my time

i stayed home and had the heating on full 

Half term and bank holidays,I have always hated them.Have you noticed that public sector workers now appear to finagle a bank holiday Monday into a weeks holiday on full pay.Good for pubs and restaurant trade but no good for our job.Looking ahead to May,the way the 2 bank holidays fall probably means 3 poor weeks trading in the month....Then there is a Royal Wedding of course...On the other hand prices at the block might ease a bit,apparently BCA are back up to 25000.

2 for me - second one went this afternoon at FAP and a nice text message saying how happy he is (I will keep that for court lol) and a recommendation to his neighbour, who wants a similar deal - FAP, I'm in.

Not a single sale last week, this week 3 sold, I stock 10 - 15 usually of £1000 - £3000 cars.

Not bad I expected worse to be honest.

Seen a clear dip last 7-10 days but checked back to last April and we are 2 ahead and that month finished really strongly so not panicking .

I sold 9 in the holidays stocking 15 and the majority of overaged stock, which means not the greatest profit margins

11 hours ago, Mark101 said:

2 for me - second one went this afternoon at FAP and a nice text message saying how happy he is (I will keep that for court lol) and a recommendation to his neighbour, who wants a similar deal - FAP, I'm in.

You may want to look up what FAP means to the youth of today :lol:

To be fair you will get full price on most cars we genuinely discount very, very few these days.

7 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

You may want to look up what FAP means to the youth of today :lol:

Whoops! I am getting old - didn't know that.

12 hours ago, Mark101 said:

FAP......does that mean full money ?

Just now, trade vet said:

FAP......does that mean full money ?

Apparantly not :wacko: but I meant Full Asking Price :D

34 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I knew what you meant but I also can see how the yoot of today would think otherwise! 

28 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

OK........The thing is when you have a pitch ,sales staff can get a bollicking for doing a straight sale for full money on something that has made the phone ring.The reason of course is they have probably cost you a grand,because they have not been listening when you have told them,we need a good swapper and chucky on this one.

16 minutes ago, EPV said:

I knew what you meant but I also can see how the yoot of today would think otherwise! 

Does it mean f*** all profit?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trade vet said:

OK........The thing is when you have a pitch ,sales staff can get a bollicking for doing a straight sale for full money on something that has made the phone ring.The reason of course is they have probably cost you a grand,because they have not been listening when you have told them,we need a good swapper and chucky on this one.

Sorry, what is a chucky? :mellow:

17 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Sorry, what is a chucky? :mellow:

Sub Prime Funding, plenty of commission 

3 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Sub Prime Funding, plenty of commission 

Definateley not sub prime.....we never offer sub prime.....we tell them ‘no sub prime get your own’.....no commission or volume bonuses,horrible swappers ....the job is hard enough !

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Definateley not sub prime.....we never offer sub prime.....we tell them ‘no sub prime get your own’.....no commission or volume bonuses,horrible swappers ....the job is hard enough !

My mistake - but funding and added extra value (upgraded warranty etc)?

7 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My mistake - but funding and added extra value (upgraded warranty etc)?

Sub prime = crap commissions in my book. Happy to do them on overage but not something we encourage especially with a finance company waiting to throw the car back at you if it goes wrong. Never done an extended warranty in my life, gives them more of a reason to come back and scream when the warranty provider refuses to pay out...how do you get on with them down the line?

Easter has been so so for us. Slow but cars are still selling. Tyre kickers and dreamers galore though which is annoying but to be expected.

I'd Say its quiet. For the first time since December, My pitch is full as I've not been selling as many as I've been buying for the first time this year. So plenty of options now for the tyre kickers! And no locals asking if I'm closing down either