Sign in to follow this  
Ek cars

March sales so far

Got 6 away so far all at nice profit and I feel bad weather has contributed towards busy start to month only done 4 all February so on course to smash that.  Sold a nice crv 2012 mint condition 1 owner high mileage 111k petrol 6k cheap car! !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

32 January 18 Februray 3 March so far, I detect a trend

How many do you hold in stock on average?

January 55 February 68 March so far shite.. reduced a lot of stock in feb due to stocking pressure, it just goes to show it’s all about price, anyone can sell a tenner for nine quid..

Jan was almost too busy for us, I wish i'd stayed in bed Feb and March has been stonking so far...knocking out some really boring undesirable stuff at the moment

• Like 1

I've almost run out of prepared stock! 7 on the pitch when i usually have 16. even got an appointment this afternoon on a hyundai Amica, joe public must be getting desperate, I thought I'd have that for ages...

7 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

I've almost run out of prepared stock! 7 on the pitch when i usually have 16. even got an appointment this afternoon on a hyundai Amica, joe public must be getting desperate, I thought I'd have that for ages...

Did it sell....

• Like 1

On 09/03/2018 at 2:25 PM, tradex said:

That's amazing goingB). Well done. 

.. wouldn't want your logistics and staff wages bill though;)

We do have over 100 cars in stock, struggle to see a profit the last three months, and I don’t want our wages bill either. ££££

Thought this was going to be another "slashing wrists" post about how terrible it is, glad we're all doing OK though, there's enough doom and gloom out there without us talking one another into depression, decent start to March, 35 in stock, 13 sold so far, January was a record for us, Feb a little quieter, always tends to be for us but thankfully decent margins in all. Like Arfur Dealy says, the age old problem for us is sourcing stock, never have a issue with selling but spend almost as much time now out buying and going further and further afield, trying to avoid the auctions like the plague as prices are getting further and further away from reality. 

On 3/10/2018 at 8:31 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Did it sell....

No! he jumped on the 'be back' bus!

4 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

No! he jumped on the 'be back' bus!

Rotter !!

Results so far. January did 13, Feb 11, March 4. Good margins though.

It does seem quiet.

When it's quiet I moan when it's busy I moan.

This time it's busy...garages can't keep up and i'm missing a whole row of stock. First world problems eh!

18 So far here for March with loads of finance business coming in - Have we done anything different?

Not at all. :wacko:

18 hours ago, grant8064 said:

When it's quiet I moan when it's busy I moan.

This time it's busy...garages can't keep up and i'm missing a whole row of stock. First world problems eh!

My pitch is half empty, waiting for 8 to get through MOT and bodyshop, just had a local who Ive sold 2 cars to stop me as I walked off to get my lunch ask if I'm closing down 'as they were all talking about it in the pub last night'. Think I'm flattered to be mentioned, better not sell anymore until I've filled the pitch back up!

On 3/12/2018 at 6:07 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Rotter !!

Results so far. January did 13, Feb 11, March 4. Good margins though.

It does seem quiet.

He didnt come back, but someone else has done, paid and its going tomorrow! 

Absolutely no idea where it's come from but we've sold 6 today, 10 since Friday.

5, which was my entire forecourt. Not quite as grand as some! 

59 minutes ago, EPV said:

5, which was my entire forecourt. Not quite as grand as some! 

I'm only at 6!

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I'm only at 6!

Yeah but you started in this game with 12 years under your belt. I’ve been doing it 3 months! 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Yeah but you started in this game with 12 years under your belt. I’ve been doing it 3 months! 

True! I should've learned the first time :)

Slow-ish.  Unit wise we're about 2/3 from last year.  Numbers wise we've gone above what we need and a few big ones (£20k +) sold yesterday.  One more big one, (little nibble on a Disco @ £22k), accepted finance, checking with the wife so hopefully today or tomorrow.  If that gets over we'd be even on numbers from last year.  A lot of heavier stuff has gone this month for us, smaller stuff, not so much.  

Also got a nibble on my wifes latest car... hahaha only sold her last one about 6 weeks ago.  She wanted a car to keep as she's due soon so got get a lovely BMW 420GT again...  I said I'll take it to work today to get cleaned, customer due at 2pm for a test drive, all accepted with Zuto...  Hehehe fingers crossed all goes well.  It's mint, so I'm expecting a sale.  Grey too, fully loaded. 

Maybe I'll buy her a Polo next.

16 cars all with decent money in, prices are rough at the block mind

• Like 1

Test drive yesterday...loved it but forgot his wallet so couldn't leave a deposit. Heard that before. Gave him bank details and said transfer it in when you get home.

Low and behold 65 minutes later the money was in, couldn't believe it.