Arfur Dealy

Autotrader price increase

I have a voicemail from my rep saying she needs to discuss the new packages, I haven’t had time to speak to her yet.....  Anyone have any details? 

Yeah going up about 3 or 5%, can’t remember exactly, and getting free stock ads that get listed on our “dealer profile” but not searchable through normal means ... if that makes sense 

Hate. Hate. Hate.   Greedy b******ds! So glad I dumped them -the best thing I ever did. (I can hear the hornet’s nest stirring...)

Ok, I’m thinking about Just using eBay. To delete that £1700 bill a month would half my break even point, or would I be “spiting my own face” 

• Like 1

Yup. Agree totally. Just wish more would wake up and see the extortion for what it is. 

I meant by ‘stirring the nest’ that loads on here will agree with me and loads won’t. It’s an old moan so I should move on from worrying about it. Other people’s problems.  ;o)

I'm wise to the hatred to AT and heard it time after time again on the now defunct AT forum, the constant moaning......But, has eBay now taken over AT..... ???

Confirmed...... Had the visit last week from the rep......... £140+ increase per month..... Gulp! Would love to just stick 2 fingers up but I am apprehensive of the outcome if that makes sense. 

24 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm wise to the hatred to AT and heard it time after time again on the now defunct AT forum, the constant moaning......But, has eBay now taken over AT..... ???

Ebay hasn't taken over I can assure you...... Wish it had. Was off the weekend and when my office line is in use I get calls to my mobile.........2 autotrader calls. 

7 minutes ago, Dealer said:

Confirmed...... Had the visit last week from the rep......... £140+ increase per month..... Gulp! Would love to just stick 2 fingers up but I am apprehensive of the outcome if that makes sense. 

Ebay hasn't taken over I can assure you...... Wish it had. Was off the weekend and when my office line is in use I get calls to my mobile.........2 autotrader calls. 

£140 more?! How many cars are you advertising?

Glad I'm not with them. Greedy bastards. Their bubble will burst.

Edited by Mojo121
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dealer said:

Is your website an AT one?

Weekly I still get people telling me they saw it advertised on AT. We haven’t been with the idiots for well over a year!

1 minute ago, andymc1973 said:

ebay and gumtree make autotrader punters look like royalty

I get your drift, but it depends on how you advertise with eBay. For me now its classified only, auctions are abused and repeatedly abused, why would eBay change it when they get continual fees...... Their auction system is fundamentally flawed.

from what i can remember simon it was the spiritual home of the low baller, I may have to revisit it

12 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

ebay and gumtree make autotrader punters look like royalty

+1

We're on eBay and AT.

Going against the grain here but we've chipped off Motors this year and eBay is probably going to be next.

It's cheap but when we look at £ per sale AT is simply streets ahead for us knocking out bread and butter sub 10K stock, I imagine it's different for fancy black German stock or cheap high miles stuff. It's a shame because it's so expensive but I find it and drive bys the only places that really sell numbers for us. Motors was shockingly bad. Gumtree I can't be dealing with. eBay is pretty much a best price last price other end of the country waste of time but isn't too far off wiping its face, paper advertising is embarrassingly poor. AT sells cars, the website gets some enquiries and the rest is locals and recommendations. 

There is no way that the big boys will agree to an over inflation increase and they will probably not be effected.If it was down to me,but it is not anymore,I would be reducing and rotating my stock on AT.What It is probably all about is the CEO getting the stock price back up to trigger director  bonuses before their F/Y results.I expect there will be  a press release shortly,presenting the increase as a good news story to the market.They are already buying back their own shares which can have a similar effect. This increase is disgusting,I hope it has an adverse effect on their income..........rant over for the moment.

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

£140 more?! How many cars are you advertising?

Glad I'm not with them. Greedy bastards. Their bubble will burst.

3 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Is your website an AT one?

Weekly I still get people telling me they saw it advertised on AT. We haven’t been with the idiots for well over a year!

Nope, website isn't by AT

10 hours ago, grant8064 said:

+1

We're on eBay and AT.

Going against the grain here but we've chipped off Motors this year and eBay is probably going to be next.

It's cheap but when we look at £ per sale AT is simply streets ahead for us knocking out bread and butter sub 10K stock, I imagine it's different for fancy black German stock or cheap high miles stuff. It's a shame because it's so expensive but I find it and drive bys the only places that really sell numbers for us. Motors was shockingly bad. Gumtree I can't be dealing with. eBay is pretty much a best price last price other end of the country waste of time but isn't too far off wiping its face, paper advertising is embarrassingly poor. AT sells cars, the website gets some enquiries and the rest is locals and recommendations. 

I'm more or less with you. After leaving Motors recently I enquired about going back on ebaymotorspro as my second platform. I was horrified to find out what they are now charging ( it had to include gumtree which devalues it IMO) and if I had taken them up on their offer it would have been around 25% of my AT bill. Wow. So seeing as findandfund is too expensive IMO it leaves me with only AT and FB until  www.emporer'snewclothesandcarsvolasnipwowguruamazeballsandcars.com hits the streets.

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Their auction system is fundamentally flawed.

I think it’s the general public’s use of the internet that’s flawed, not the auction system per se.

Ebaymotorspro only for me, it’s a bargain and I and many others I know sell purely from that platform. I think it’s fair to say you have to either be keen on pricing or have “rare” stock but as for the bottom dollar brigade just delete the email or send them a standard response along the lines of “I don’t discount, blah blah blah” - a couple of times a month it works and the punter stumps up. 

Horses for courses, I feel another AT mass debate approaching......

Car Gurus is another option even if you sign up to the Free dealer portal as I have.

I was very skeptical of the e-mail enquiries and stopped putting cars on. I had a phone call from them last week asking why I had stopped adding cars.  I told them straight that I didn't believe that all of the emails asking about my cars were genuine. Anyway, I added 3 cars last week and sold one of them at the weekend and have had other enquiries since. These cars are also on Ebay....

Maybe worth a go ! 

Seeing the words, Autotrader price increase really does make my blood boil!!

They always sugar coat just before with an email saying, we’re doing this and that, offering x,y or z. No your not, you’re just trying to justify that you’re a bunch of greedy c*nts!!

Trouble is, like most, it sells cars and so is almost a neccessary evil!!!!

Greedy bastards. Id love to see them go under.

Not a nice thing to say but i genuinely would

• Like 2