Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Discouraging Offers and Low Ballers

11 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Dsr’s are for 14 days. He asked me to wait longer. That’s exactly why I took a larger deposit, he confirmed acceptance by email. He refused to honour the contract. End of story. 

Yeah..breach of contract must have cost him £600- £700,was he a Scotsman.Never kept a deposit anywhere near that before.In the north east if I did that,there would be a contract out on me...! AD I hope you declared the VAT on the £400,......I would have tried to record it as some sort of donation or something.....and failed !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Yeah..breach of contract must have cost him £600- £700,was he a Scotsman.Never kept a deposit anywhere near that before.In the north east if I did that,there would be a contract out on me...! AD I hope you declared the VAT on the £400,......I would have tried to record it as some sort of donation or something.....and failed !

i would be afraid of a knee capping and  Davy Freeth   kicking my door down:D

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Distance selling, Scotland to England. He didn’t respect me, nor would he of respected anyone. He seriously thought he could bully me and I would bend to him. Even after telling him I wouldn’t. He was a moron. Laughable. 

I bet he didn’t get the money he was waiting for. 

29 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Consultation fee. 

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Distance selling, Scotland to England. He didn’t respect me, nor would he of respected anyone. He seriously thought he could bully me and I would bend to him. Even after telling him I wouldn’t. He was a moron. Laughable. 

I bet he didn’t get the money he was waiting for. 

Consultation fee. 

I think there is VAT on consultation fees...!

£400 deposit.I remember selling a Passat estate to this guy who had been a refugee from the Balkans war.A proper guy,he was an engineer and had reestablished himself over here,he went straight through on no deposit low rate prime finance.Anyway he says,here is the £400 ?,I say what is that for.He says,I know the system here you have to pay £400 to set the deal up! He says,I ordered a car from down the road and I paid them £400,but they could not get the car for me.So what happened to the £400...they kept it,they said that is normal.So I sent him back to the dealer to get his £400 Back and to tell them he was going straight to Trading Standards.I think he got it all back........

17 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Dsr’s are for 14 days. He asked me to wait longer. That’s exactly why I took a larger deposit, he confirmed acceptance by email. He refused to honour the contract. End of story. 

Oh right Arfur, I’ve learnt something new today.

There’s a garage around these parts that take £xxx “to remove the car from sale which is deducted from the purchase balance” which I assume is to get around the deposit ‘problem’.

Tbh it’s time punters manned-up & took responsibility for their own actions. Paying a deposit then cocking on the deal is a c***s trick & there shouldn’t be any legal protection for these timewasters.

Woke up this morning to an ebay message from "Hassan", car listed at a price of £3990......... His question, very short...... "3300 cash?" 

Oh the joys! 

Hahaha, it must be a different Hassan to the many Hassans from whom I receive emails. On a £3990er I’d of expected a bid of £2500!

Parasites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Hahaha, it must be a different Hassan to the many Hassans from whom I receive emails. On a £3990er I’d of expected a bid of £2500!

Parasites.

He's now looking to spend a bit more because his uncle in Nigeria, a Prince by all accounts, has given him some money. Apparently he's been trying to give it way for ages but no one replies to his emails!

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Parasites.

Haha, I thought exactly the same!!

3 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

But mr   Hassan bring many customers for you :lol:

Hopefully not! :lol: I have no time for his greedy sort.