Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Prices at the block

Who’s buying this massively overpriced stock? Washington’s been a joke recently for bottom & mid-range stock. 

Traders fighting over 10-15yr old pure shite that if a private man presented it to me as a p/x I wouldn’t even offer him the Manheim gate money.

Stock that should be £1500-2500 is making £2000-3000 before the gate money. I’m sorry, but how on earth is anyone making money on this stuff? I just hope it’s not f***ed when it’s driven out otherwise that’s more money, some lads must have £3000 in £2000 cars.

8 minutes ago, tradex said:

I guess these idiotic prices are driven by guys with stocking loans to service, makes one desperate. 

I don't quite get this view - If I buy a car using a stocking loan I sure as hell need to be making money on the car otherwise I have stocking charges, auction fee and no profit.

I don't think its a case of get a stocking loan, pay fortunes for everything, not sell anything for profit and make a loss on every car.

Hardly bought anything cash / loan or otherwise this week. The stuff I shortlist is making crazy money and I have been quite restrained, I feel next week or so things will level out. Fingers crossed anyway. 

Very low on stock. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BHM said:

Who’s buying this massively overpriced stock? Washington’s been a joke recently for bottom & mid-range stock. 

Traders fighting over 10-15yr old pure shite that if a private man presented it to me as a p/x I wouldn’t even offer him the Manheim gate money.

Stock that should be £1500-2500 is making £2000-3000 before the gate money. I’m sorry, but how on earth is anyone making money on this stuff? I just hope it’s not f***ed when it’s driven out otherwise that’s more money, some lads must have £3000 in £2000 cars.

Personally, with the bits I buy, if its clean I don't even bother walking in to watch.

• Like 1

Are we all comfortable buying diesels. I'm feeling customer resistance recently and rarely have any, but I can see the time when they'll become the poison chalice.

Our customers are turning their nose up at just the mention of the word we've found over the last 18 months or so.

Has been mentioned on here a few times: I like some others, have sworn the pledge against buying any diesels a while back.  Especially heavier stuff.  

If a diesel comes in PX I'm v. hard on it.  However- price range diesels up to 3 grand ish seem to sell still. Not that we're particularly busy the last couple of months...

48 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Our customers are turning their nose up at just the mention of the word we've found over the last 18 months or so.

Has been mentioned on here a few times: I like some others, have sworn the pledge against buying any diesels a while back.  Especially heavier stuff.  

If a diesel comes in PX I'm v. hard on it.  However- price range diesels up to 3 grand ish seem to sell still. Not that we're particularly busy the last couple of months...

When the prices for diesels start catching up at the block it's going to be mighty tough not sticking my hand in the air!

Diesel estates are my bread and butter, I’ve not noticed a drop off of sales, lots of buyers need an estate and they’re aren’t hardly any 10 year old petrols available. The 10 year old prestige diesel estate market IMO is alive and kickin... Plus I’m still nicking a couple a week on the block..

On 1/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, sparky said:

I knew buying would be tough this month, but it's now to take the ****. Thing is, I can't see prices being sensible in Feb either so bugger it, I'm buying a few more shipping containers.

and do what with them?

Or charge people to put things in :)

As for diesels, being fairly rural most of my punters want low tax and economy so there really is no other option for the foreseeable future. Can't comment on the new stuff, but the 5-10 year old diesel market is alive and kicking from what I'm seeing.

Sold 3 diesels this week  ,at the moment they are selling ok.

17 hours ago, D7neo said:

and do what with them?

Fill em up with the idiots that are paying to much for cars ... 

What price ranges are you getting out the door? All?

I can't sell any diesel over 4k and then it's hard.

25 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

What price ranges are you getting out the door? All?

I can't sell any diesel over 4k and then it's hard.

Under 3 

Yeah- that's the price point/ wish I had them that price.  I've only got one (lovely) old 407 estate at that price and 20 other diesel units up 6-15k going nowhere still.

My £4K stock is gathering dust. Plodding on with run of the mill shite up to £2K, miley (so it looks like flash for not much cash) 4x4 & 7 seaters up to £3K.

I’ve got a couple of average mileage Rav4s that I’ve not opened the door on, FTSH etc. I’ve carved the balls off the prices cos I’m sick of looking at them but to zero effect.

Yet, 2 big p/x vehicles with an eyewatering 160Kish each flew out of the door in days, so quick that I bought in another 2 & they followed suit. All with proper profit across them. It doesn’t make sense to me.

4 hours ago, BHM said:

My £4K stock is gathering dust. Plodding on with run of the mill shite up to £2K, miley (so it looks like flash for not much cash) 4x4 & 7 seaters up to £3K.

I’ve got a couple of average mileage Rav4s that I’ve not opened the door on, FTSH etc. I’ve carved the balls off the prices cos I’m sick of looking at them but to zero effect.

Yet, 2 big p/x vehicles with an eyewatering 160Kish each flew out of the door in days, so quick that I bought in another 2 & they followed suit. All with proper profit across them. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Rav 4 has suddenly gone out of fashion for some reason. They used to be easy sellers round these parts. As regards the 160k, I am finding that mileage doesn't put punters off like it used to

4 hours ago, BHM said:

There is no sense to this game. It’s a rollercoaster of guessing and punting. There is no formula, it’s like dark matter....

Used to do very well outof Rav4s all specs, any mileage petrol diesel no problem.

Last few have just been sat around for ages. I think they have been quite expensive for a long time and are dropping back a bit, give it a couple of months and will end up being ok.

Shame because they attract a good sort of buyer and you rarely if ever see them back. 

See a lot of high miles One series floating around some lovely specs on them as well for decent money any suggestions / thoughts ? 

7 hours ago, justina3 said:

See a lot of high miles One series floating around some lovely specs on them as well for decent money any suggestions / thoughts ? 

BMW's are not my thing, but round these parts one series are smoking hot, especially in white.

Just now, andymc1973 said:

its  a price range car if you get my drift

A growing sector these days

If anyone is having trouble shifting an Insignia, advertise it in Suffolk; every other car is an Insignia and every minicab is an Insignia estate!:D

13 hours ago, met said:

every minicab is an Insignia estate!:D

That’s all they’re fit for.

Just sat through Manhiem Colchester on line .... any one go there in the flesh ?

just wanted to ask if they was giving away bags of skunk or ecstasy before start of auction ?