Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Are Ford Ka's good news?

Are the 1.2 Ford Ka's around 09/10/11 Reg good news?

Do they sell well? Are they problematic, any common issues?

3 minutes ago, s and b said:

buy specced ones only

So titanium and above?

Just now, Ocsltd said:

So titanium and above?

ive been at the other end and struggled so thats my only experiance im afraid,the first one i bought didnt even  have central locking even on the key,thought the thing was faulty, an 'edge' i think

i think they need spec

but remember it might still be a region thing

The two i have bought have been nightmares, a 59 plate with a rotten real axle and a 60 plate with a serious oil leak (ok the oil leak can happen to anything) but a rear axle going on them according to my local scrap yard is quite common, i refuse to buy a car with wind down windows in this day and age its bonkers so both of mine where spec'd well. 

Not a car i would go for again as my local trade center wales does them for £15 a week deals just not enough meat on the bone for me.

2 minutes ago, justina3 said:

The two i have bought have been nightmares, a 59 plate with a rotten real axle and a 60 plate with a serious oil leak (ok the oil leak can happen to anything) but a rear axle going on them according to my local scrap yard is quite common, i refuse to buy a car with wind down windows in this day and age its bonkers so both of mine where spec'd well. 

Not a car i would go for again as my local trade center wales does them for £15 a week deals just not enough meat on the bone for me.

Ok thanks for that, they're not my normal bag, had a feeling they weren't particularly good. 

We've done well with them so it depends on your market I guess.

As mentioned 'Edge' spec is billy basic windy windows but every level above that has been a good seller.

Also as mentioned check the rear axle and area around it for corrosion, same with Pandas and 500's. 

Good little things for finance deals IMO. Not a lot of money for youngsters to run and because of the blue oval dad usually approves.

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

We've done well with them so it depends on your market I guess.

As mentioned 'Edge' spec is billy basic windy windows but every level above that has been a good seller.

Also as mentioned check the rear axle and area around it for corrosion, same with Pandas and 500's. 

Good little things for finance deals IMO. Not a lot of money for youngsters to run and because of the blue oval dad usually approves.

Thanks for the feedback.

Theyre just in the top ten of fastest selling used cars, so thats a good starter, theyre simple/cheap for most parts, but very competitively priced in the resale market, have to use your own usp to gain the sale, the blue oval badge mentioned earlier is a fantastic point.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

We find they do like a clutch though

I have always wondered whether this is due to short women slipping the clutch causing this ?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Aren't you just better off with a prettier fiat 500? 

Different buyers though. We do loads of 500's and i'm finding lately it's the 40 year old woman car of choice...even did one to a 50 year old married man today!

Ka's seem to go to cautious buyers, usually a girl in her late teens/early twenties accompanied by mum and dad and sometimes a 'mechanic' uncle. These kind of buyers won't go near a Fix It Again Tony but love the blue oval (funny eh!)

I avoid Titaniums and special editions btw...book high because of the spec but most buyers at this level prefer to save £500 and take a zetec of the same age/mileage.

Why am I yet to come across a 500 with a broken handle? I keep hearing about it being a thing but i've sold tons of the things and never once had an issue with them. Is it really as bad an issue as you guys make out?

28 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Why am I yet to come across a 500 with a broken handle? I keep hearing about it being a thing but i've sold tons of the things and never once had an issue with them. Is it really as bad an issue as you guys make out?

you are from the soft sarf:lol:

up ere our women like to tug hard on the handles

20 minutes ago, s and b said:

you are from the soft sarf:lol:

up ere our women like to tug hard on the handles

:lol: