Mat C

Looking for the impossible

Morning, 

I'm after Lexus IS200 - Manual, Less than 100k, Ideally an SE or Sport. As much history as possible and obviously needs to be split mint. :D

Preferably last of the run so 54 plate or 05 plate

Just in case any of you have one just lying around........ its for me

I always watch these and laugh as they go through auction... especially the ones with 140k that still make barmy money! Are they that good to drive? I've never been able to get near one... I'll admit the engines sound superb.

Here's a cracker

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-is200-sport-low-mileage-full-service-history-2005-excelent-condition-/1276261822

2 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

I always watch these and laugh as they go through auction... especially the ones with 140k that still make barmy money! Are they that good to drive? I've never been able to get near one... I'll admit the engines sound superb.

Here's a cracker

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-is200-sport-low-mileage-full-service-history-2005-excelent-condition-/1276261822

I worked for Lexus for 10 years and these were the best company car i ever had. I think for the money, they are bullet proof. I'm just waiting for the right one to pop up. I've had 2 over the last 2 years but they just weren't exactly the one I wanted.

They still make strong money, but the auto's are dreadfully slow so it has to be a manual. I really just want to relive my youth!

I've messaged that guy 3 times, looking at the HPI it had a change of keeper 5 days ago, so i'm assuming its sold. But that is exactly the thing I need.

I had one of these last year, 2005, 19k miles, Manual, 1 lady owner, Full Lexus Main Dealer History, it was like a new car!!! 

Needless to say it drove like it was running on butter milk.... :D

Lovely cars. In 2011 I had a IS300 LE bought without history and couldn't give it away. Superb stereo and so smooth.

6 months after it had gone, the auction forwarded 2x spare keys and a fully stamped book...

8 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I had one of these last year, 2005, 19k miles, Manual, 1 lady owner, Full Lexus Main Dealer History, it was like a new car!!! 

Needless to say it drove like it was running on butter milk.... :D

Thats exactly what i need. I know of one that I sold new to a guy in 05, its now done 9,000 miles and is like new, but he won't let me have it...

1 minute ago, Mat C said:

Thats exactly what i need. I know of one that I sold new to a guy in 05, its now done 9,000 miles and is like new, but he won't let me have it...

Shall we go round and brake his knee caps....?! ;)

4 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Shall we go round and brake his knee caps....?! ;)

He's about 100 so wouldn't be hard.....

There's one out there for me, I just know it....

2 minutes ago, Mat C said:

He's about 100 so wouldn't be hard.....

There's one out there for me, I just know it....

Jesus Christ, I bet it's plastered with touch up paint!!! :blink:

25 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Jesus Christ, I bet it's plastered with touch up paint!!! :blink:

walking stick dents on the sill and sputum on the binnacle

• Like 1

Looking at one of the other threads on here would it be possible to import a good one?

Every Lexus I’ve had has taken ages to sell, I always end up giving them away promising “I’m never going to buy another” don’t get me wrong, I think they’re great cars, they just attract a very certain fussy type of buyer...

The lesson today is don’t buy for buying sake when your shaking your  “loadsamoney” wad at the auction  :) 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Every Lexus I’ve had has taken ages to sell, I always end up giving them away promising “I’m never going to buy another” don’t get me wrong, I think they’re great cars, they just attract a very certain fussy type of buyer...

Snap and I have yet to buy one that’s 100% right.

At my end of the market the newest Lexus I’ve driven is an 09 but everyone has drove disappointingly, they’ve got little get up & go (even the 4.3 V8s need kicking) and the cabins have the ambience of a truckers cafe furnished with plastic chairs. 

Each to their own I guess but compared to a Merc they’re a joke and tbh a 1.8 Focus is a damn sight superior car in just about every way.

20 minutes ago, BHM said:

At my end of the market the newest Lexus I’ve driven is an 09 but everyone has drove disappointingly, they’ve got little get up & go (even the 4.3 V8s need kicking) and the cabins have the ambience of a truckers cafe furnished with plastic chairs. 

Each to their own I guess but compared to a Merc they’re a joke and tbh a 1.8 Focus is a damn sight superior car in just about every way.

We've had a few RX's and IS...

I guess it depends what the car is like but all of ours have been incredible machines. Fantastically reliable, amazing build quality, all sold quicker than anything else.

If I didn't think they were so ugly i'd have one myself but i'm not a fan of the cabin layout. IMO they're one of the few brands that have stayed reliable and cause less grief than MOST Mercs and almost EVERY Beemer I end up with. Proper built cars still. Not had anything newer than an 09 so far though so can't comment on the more recent stuff.

I remember an IS220D that was on its third engine at 4 years old (150k) going through the block

11 hours ago, BHM said:

Ha ha, wondered when Grumpy would comment.... :D:D

The car is for me personally, just trying to relive my youth..... so i'm not selling it ( well, not yet, but everything's for sale! )

Having worked for Lexus for 10 years, I can honestly say there isn't a more reliable car out there. There's a reason they win JD power year in year out, but each to their own. They're certainly not the most exciting cars to drive, but the quality ( even on 10/15 year old ones ) far surpasses Merc, BMW and definitely ford focus! 

10 hours ago, twerp said:

I remember an IS220D that was on its third engine at 4 years old (150k) going through the block

All of the above except for the 2.2 diesel that they produced, which frankly is probably the worst engine ever. It was a massive mistake and undrivable under 80mph and then DPF issues and all sorts.... one for the history books and i'm sure a few japanese techs got the boot over this one!

7 hours ago, DHill said:

Landbeasts have got one in, go onto their Facebook page. 

Just seen this, Perfect. I've messaged them

Thanks

I think I saw one that's coming up for sale in the auctions, its a 250 SE with 66,000 55 plate think it was registered in Nov

I love these cars, had an auto for 6 months in a beautiful blue about 5 yrs ago which I was loathed to sell and they do set the benchmark for quality. Even a 10-12 year old one still seems ahead of its time. saw a 2.0 sport go through Castle Bromwich a week or two ago and it looked mint, was tempted but no history and 140k meant it didnt get much interest

1 hour ago, ik1980 said:

I think I saw one that's coming up for sale in the auctions, its a 250 SE with 66,000 55 plate think it was registered in Nov

250 is the new model, and Manual kills it as after 06 they are £500 a year to tax, the auto;s are much better in the 250 but I want a 200

10 hours ago, DHill said:

Landbeasts have got one in, go onto their Facebook page. 

Literally just about to post the same car...seems a nice one.

1 hour ago, Linctrader said:

Literally just about to post the same car...seems a nice one.

Its a beaut, BUT...... Beige Leather... I'm being super picky I know.... But I have sourced a Beautiful looking Sport on a 54 plate, but its 4 hours away..... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mat C said:

Its a beaut, BUT...... Beige Leather... I'm being super picky I know.... But I have sourced a Beautiful looking Sport on a 54 plate, but its 4 hours away..... 

You're starting to sound like a typical customer!!! :P

Next you'll be moaning about the price!! :D