Sign in to follow this  
D&M

I'm not going to buy your car because........

I had a guy travel 3 hours on the train a few weeks back for quite a BMW I was selling, said he couldn't buy it as it was "too clean", I said believe it or not mate it costs EXACTLY the same price to paint a panel that gets scratched on an average condition car a it does a nice car... Still went home on the train, left me baffled for days haha.

Also bugs me when they tell you "we've been looking for ages, it's the nicest we've seen so far, but will go look at a few others and give you a call back"  - NOTHING is more satisfying than telling them it's been sold when they call back the day after.!!

Latest one I think was just a crackpot who came at the weekend - came to view a 5 Series, in the identical car but his was 1 year older, very tired and had 150k more miles than mine. Apart from that, mine had leather, his had cloth.  Said he couldn't buy cos the insurance was going to be too expensive haha WTF?

When a grown man worries about the cost of insuring a run of the mill car you have a problem. Most feeble, pathetic cop out of them all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

When a grown man worries about the cost of insuring a run of the mill car you have a problem. Most feeble, pathetic cop out of them all. 

Almost as sad as “I have to speak to the wife”. Any real man would be embarrassed to say it - it’s tantamount to saying “I’m sackless, the Mrs. wears the trousers & I’m frightened of her”. Pathetic.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Oh, don't. Does my head in.

A no nuts in a 2003 Mondeo TDCI and they 'fancy a bit of a change' and they're looking at my 2007 Vectra CDTI... "I wonder what the insurance will be like? Hopefully it won't be too much more... but it is newer"

I'm stood there thinking "You're like 55 year old, man. It's a diesel saloon not a Dakar rally machine. You pay £400 a year probably on Direct Debit so who gives a shit?"

I don't mean it to sound like I'm rolling in the dough 'cause I'm not but come on if, worst case, an extra £15 a month hurts you stay indoors and keep the Mondy.

"Oh, just before we go any further...what's the tax like on these?" .... UNAVOIDABLE. NOW PISS OFF

I'm not going to buy your car because...

IT'S TOO F**KING PERFECT!!!!!

It's within budget, is the make and model we suggested, has 5 doors as requested, is the colour we like, has full history, below ave miles, has never been smoked in, drives bloody well, is tidy outside, is cheaper to tax than we assumed and comes with a new MOT not the 7 months that are left on it...OK well do you have a card? We have a few more to look at.

You just have to smile and say 'certainly' sometimes....sometimes though you just have to ask why do you need to go and look at others? It does everything you want for less than you thought. 

Week in week out.

I wonder if these people spend four hours doing a round of Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Lidl, Morrisons and Waitrose just to buy a can of beans sometimes.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2017 at 6:48 PM, Mojo121 said:

.what's the tax like on these?" .... UNAVOIDABLE. NOW PISS OFF

Love that

3 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I wonder if these people spend four hours doing a round of Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Lidl, Morrisons and Waitrose just to buy a can of beans sometimes.

There is ! theres a couple in my local supermarket i seem to see week in week out, he examines EVERY joint of meat, anything new on the shelves, like a lets say dustbin, he pulls it to bits, then puts it back, his wife just leans on the trolley all the way round, must be at least in there 2 hour, its like a day out for them, i must view what car he drives one day, just to get a opinion, then theres a neighbour to me, every weekend they would go and view new builds, absolutely no intention of moving, total messpots, and when i disregard customers i get the "dont you want to sell a car then ?" kin messpots :lol:

8 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

and when i disregard customers i get the "dont you want to sell a car then ?" kin messpots :lol:

Greedy VW punters who’d been phoning over the previous fortnight - I was asked this only last Saturday over the phone and he added “I want to give you money”. ME; “No & I don’t care, I don’t like you or your Mrs’ attitude so go & buy one of the many you’ve viewed over the last fortnight”.

The greedy bastard could not understand that someone would not bend over backwards for money. Funnily enough I could not understand why on earth they still wanted to come after I’d spoken to him in that manner, had told him the week previous that he was greedy AND only the day before told his Mrs “Don’t bother cos I’m not interested in your knackered p/x and I’m sick of your phone calls”. Some punters just don’t get the message :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, BHM said:

Greedy VW punters who’d been phoning over the previous fortnight - I was asked this only last Saturday over the phone and he added “I want to give you money”. ME; “No & I don’t care, I don’t like you or your Mrs’ attitude so go & buy one of the many you’ve viewed over the last fortnight”.

The greedy bastard could not understand that someone would not bend over backwards for money. Funnily enough I could not understand why on earth they still wanted to come after I’d spoken to him in that manner, had told him the week previous that he was greedy AND only the day before told his Mrs “Don’t bother cos I’m not interested in your knackered p/x and I’m sick of your phone calls”. Some punters just don’t get the message :rolleyes:

In my old Franchise days I used to do this, I would go out after they’d done 12 rounds with the salesman and say so if we do xyz and swim the channel backwards you will buy the car? They’d sit and nod their head. Then I’d throw my hand out to shake on it. As we were shaking hands I’d break it to them that it wasn’t gonna happen and I’d rather sell it to someone else. Their faces were a picture. In fact I’d the satisfaction it gave I’d rather have done 10 of them a month than actual deals :-) 

10 hours ago, tradex said:

08 Megane...three owner car, MOT'd yesterday no advise notes, 6 services.

" can you guarantee the car has never had any pets in it what so ever in the car at any time and put that in writing".

You need Life Style Renault sir...

if you even went to the lengths this customer asked you just know in the future they are going to take a liberty with you

i like to think they go elsewhere and get their pants proper pulled down by a shark who would sign his mother away and then he moves on to the next pitch in town as they do

Probably a messer who’d want £500 off anyway.

Just Yesterday

"It has a small dent on the bonnet"

I felt like smacking his head on the bonnet as I'd been with him for 3 hours and only right at the very end did he say,
"I noticed straight away the dent on the bonnet, so i'm not sure"

You are kidding me!?!  The dent was less than 5mm, didn't notice it myself but so simple a fix the dentman probably wouldn't charge.  I assured Mr Waste of Time that it was nothing, he wouldn't even notice it and said if he was that worried come back Monday after the dentman had been today to view it.  Even declined that!!!

Funny as hell this game sometimes...

Oh needless to say, dentman been (he was already pre-booked to do 3/4 cars today), dent out and low and behold he didn't charge and his words were (THAT!?! It's more like a stone chip)

On 17/11/2017 at 0:34 PM, tradex said:

08 Megane...three owner car, MOT'd yesterday no advise notes, 6 services.

" can you guarantee the car has never had any pets in it what so ever in the car at any time and put that in writing".

You need Life Style Renault sir...

couldn't make it up could you ? what planet are these folk from ? :huh:

“I just need a car that will last me 2 or 3 years”.

That was said whilst viewing a £600 p/xer! Needless to say I pushed the punter out of the door.

Idiot: Has it been in an accident?

Me: We don't sell any category C or D cars but that's not to say it hasn't had a bump or bit of paintwork - it doesn't look like it has though, what makes you ask?

Idiot: The number plate is too new.

Me: It's probably had a new number plate

Idiot: It isn't cracked or anything

Me: It can be arranged? (Kids and wife laugh... he realises he's being silly)

Later

Me: Do you want to go for a little drive in it?

Idiot: I'm not sure

Me: ... okay. Any reason?

Idiot: I don't know

That was the last of my attention he stole.

5 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Idiot: Has it been in an accident?

Me: We don't sell any category C or D cars but that's not to say it hasn't had a bump or bit of paintwork - it doesn't look like it has though, what makes you ask?

Idiot: The number plate is too new.

Me: It's probably had a new number plate

Idiot: It isn't cracked or anything

Me: It can be arranged? (Kids and wife laugh... he realises he's being silly)

Later

Me: Do you want to go for a little drive in it?

Idiot: I'm not sure

Me: ... okay. Any reason?

Idiot: I don't know

That was the last of my attention he stole.

How do these people function on a daily basis?

On any given day that I have the good fortune to converse with a member of the general public I think exactly the same. 

Just had another eBay Auction won, part ex treasure and no contact from winner, a foreign gent from Leicester, will eBay ever make these knobs liable 

4 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

Just had another eBay Auction won, part ex treasure and no contact from winner, a foreign gent from Leicester, will eBay ever make these knobs liable 

Never, they make to much money from no contact winners.