Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

April 2017 Sales

Two on the board today, so not a bad start to the month.

I have had such a crazy day I need to tell someone because the missus isn't interested!

9 test drives.

Nothing sold.

All the cars were minters and really well priced. 

Started with a 4x4 7 seater in black with EVERY available extra, MOT yesterday with zero advisories....even the tester said how lovely it was. £1500 less than any other in the country. Customer got their finance approval earlier in the week and came today for handover. Quick drive and they literally ripped it to bits and even criticised the fact it was a diesel and not a petrol...pretty sure it was a diesel on Weds when they asked all the questions and did the finance! Not sold. Kept the deposit though and had four calls on it today so that took the edge off it but, seriously, unbelievable.

Then a Fiat 500 handover which drives lovely. They tried to chip it further because one wiper arm had slight loss to the blacking!!! It's 5 years old and has done 60k! The son then drove it but refused to talk to me, even when I asked if he minded me opening the window because it was baking hot. They took it because it really was a great example but it took two hours of discussion about whether to back it or not.

Almost bought a Focus until they stated they wanted 3k above book and had a Disco with 170k on the clock and the seller wanting 1k above retail.

Unreal day.

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

I have had such a crazy day I need to tell someone because the missus isn't interested!

9 test drives.

Nothing sold.

Started with a 4x4 7 seater in black with EVERY available extra, MOT yesterday with zero advisories....even the tester said how lovely it was. £1500 less than any other in the country. Customer got their finance approval earlier in the week and came today for handover. Quick drive and they literally ripped it to bits and even criticised the fact it was a diesel and not a petrol...pretty sure it was a diesel on Weds when they asked all the questions and did the finance! Not sold. Kept the deposit though and had four calls on it today so that took the edge off it but, seriously, unbelievable.

Then a Fiat 500 handover which drives lovely. They tried to chip it further because one wiper arm had slight loss to the blacking!!! It's 5 years old and has done 60k! The son then drove it but refused to talk to me, even when I asked if he minded me opening the window because it was baking hot. They took it because it really was a great example but it took two hours of discussion about whether to back it or not.

This is how punters in 2017 do business. Interesting that 'punters' are looking for any fault invented or not to use as a negotiating lever. Good news is that if condition is less important, and if punters would rather have a cheaper car with an minor 'issue' we're all going to save a fortune in reconditioing and prep costs?

3 hours ago, grant8064 said:

9 test drives.

Nothing sold.

Almost bought a Focus until they stated they wanted 3k above book and had a Disco with 170k on the clock and the seller wanting 1k above retail.

Unreal day.

Hope you are now in to your third or forth large drink after a day like that

One today,

Had a chap buy a car yesterday and called today to cancel it but he waved goodbye to his deposit! Another chap in the week got on finance to buy my BMW 320 convertible drove down from Swansea and decided it wasn't for him. What a waste of time! 

One today, nice steady start to the month. 

Good luck people 

lets see who's first to 40 (lol)

Absolutely Brilliant start for us.

1 Carry over done on the 31st.

3 Sold yesterday all decent deals and 2 on finance

1 Done just now so sat on 5 on the 2nd! All costs covered for the month, everything else is now the cream. 

I like cream, dirty calorific cream. Ill eat the lot.

Now I need stock too, I've got nowt!

I'm not a fan of these threads but  feel I should something with you. Very busy, and it's all diesel.

Good start for us this month. March was actually the quietest month in number of units in the last 12 months for me 

This Month is already off to a strong start with deposits being taken left, right and centre and loads of enquiries coming through.

Bangers selling well, did dip the last 2 weeks but has returned strong so far in april, nice surprise today on a chop car sent to the block, 04 megane with 100k on it, looked very very clean but i don't dance with death and a old shape megane is death. Anyhow did £550 :blink: apparently two private punters were fighting to the death, not bad for £120 allowed on it, I thought if it made £200 i would come out even but hay ho.

Phone line went in today for the new pitch, bt open reach turning up to the appointment when they said, Shock !!! ^_^

role on 17th april, or maybe 18th :lol: so much to do, real hill to climb

Slow start to the month for us, enquiries have dipped but we have just about got back to normal stock levels after a busy March. 

Only two for me so far, hardly any serious enquiries just the low ball offer and swapz brigade

I spoke too soon, 

not a sausage this week and we have only managed to buy 1 as auction prices are ridiculous this week.

Hey ho, 

Suns out and beer gardens calling............

49 minutes ago, Mat C said:

auction prices are ridiculous this week

I went to BCA commercial sale this week, in the hope to bag a VW Transporter.  HOLY CRAP! the prices are through the roof, past the chimney and out of the stratosphere. 

One more today, good margin in it, which means I've covered my costs for the month, anything else now is pure profit.

Agree it's very quiet though!!

Hate this time of year from a business perspective, too many holidays, bank holidays etc, seems to kill trade....... 

I managed a few auction bargains this week I thought prices had softened off to be honest. 

5 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

I managed a few auction bargains this week I thought prices had softened off to be honest. 

Have to agree, auction was very quiet on the buyers front, managed to get some winners and lots of bids thrown in, not been able to do that for 3 months now.

Nothing for few days now on the sales front, however did sell a towing dolly today and have some punters on cheapy punto and lad on a astra estate diesel for test drive monday. holidays are pain on the selling front but just try and make them count when they come view to do a deal.

However on the workshop front its madness, already booked up until Thursday for work, few more mots be nice though they have gone quiet in last month or so.

Really quiet... The Phone just isn't ringing. Even the low ball chancers are on holiday. 

Managed to pick up a nice Focus Diesel today from bca belle vue.

Going to look at VW t5 for a camper converstion later this week. 

Seriously thinking of cutting back on the cars and getting more in to VW T5's.  Campers and day vans. 

In the words of Bjork...'it's oh so quiet'

Test drove a mint 04 Cmax yesterday we have as a part ex clearance. Lovely thing, one elderly owner from new with 12 stamps in the book but naturally they needed to go away and think about it :wacko:

Couple of walk ons since Friday and that's about it. Rubbish March so hoping after Easter and the school hols April picks up

On 4/8/2017 at 0:34 PM, MrC said:

I went to BCA commercial sale this week, in the hope to bag a VW Transporter.  HOLY CRAP! the prices are through the roof, past the chimney and out of the stratosphere. 

Watched a few going through vans going through Belle Vue today after selling a couple of vans recently and being reminded of how straight forward the van sales process is. I've now been reminded why I've never bought a commercial from BCA for donkey's years. An hour of my life that I will never get back.

• Like 1

Yep. Similar here. Just can't get going. 

Every month so far for me has been steady. No records being broken but certainly okay/decent.

This one, nothing is happening. 

Still quiet on the enquiries front, not a soul to be seen on Saturday yet sold 4 on Sunday followed by a really good deal yesterday. On 10 for the month so where we should be but the phone hasn't rang at all since Friday.