Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

OCTOBER 2016 SALES

2 hours ago, M.J said:

I used to do well out of the Mondeo's but struggle to shift them now, especially if the spec is anything lower than a titanium. Had an edge and zetec that were sitting there since the beginning of the year, both went this month but i won't be stocking another Mondeo unless it is super spec'd

We used to knock them out for fun in any spec...even offloaded the odd petrol one. Same thing has happened with them here now though. This one was an oddball...low mileage, titanium, fsh, great condition etc. Just couldn't get anyone into it until now. Strange because it's a genuinely lovely car to be in for the money

Stark contrast they are currently one of my top selling cars here that I always keep in and have in stock. 

Find estates generally sell quicker than hatchbacks. Would never buy saloon.

I only buy titanium X models and titanium X sports 

2.2 titanium X sports take good margin out of them. 

Having a very quiet October. I have 48 in stock, and usually do 30ish a month (32 last October), but only on 14 this month, so on target for my worst month in 3 years.

Speaking to other dealers/finance & warranty reps, the whole country is very quiet, but the comments above seem to contradict this. Is it just me?

I have some lovely cars in as well, but no enquiries.

Edited by MyPalAl

44 minutes ago, MyPalAl said:

Having a very quiet October. I have 48 in stock, and usually do 30ish a month (32 last October), but only on 14 this month, so on target for my worst month in 3 years.

Speaking to other dealers/finance & warranty reps, the whole country is very quiet, but the comments above seem to contradict this. Is it just me?

I have some lovely cars in as well, but no enquiries.

We have 40 in stock usually and do about 16 - 20 incl part ex's on an average month. Currently on 14 so a little bit behind. Last couple of weeks have been very quiet.

• Like 1

Max out at 50 cars stocked fully here 

have been retailing 40+ a month consistently but this month we are a little quieter.  

One of the problems I am finding it hard to buy nice stock at the moment just not seeing the bits I like to keep in at the auctions. 

I usually do well in October, although this year I had the slowest start I can ever remember, however it's really picked up for me in the last couple of weeks, did 2 on Saturday and 2 more today. 

Citroen C4 sold at lunch and got a deal on a C1 pending.

Edited by SC Derby
  • Like 1

Just done a deal on an Audi A6 Allroad....

Got another one in the pipeline if Zuto can sort the finance.

• Like 1

Nothing!

Three no shows today.

Got a few irons in the fire but so far this month is ending badly

21 this month so far. Not brilliant but not too bad either.

Edited by TD

Dropped off for me this week big time, 1 viewing so far all week, nothing sold since Saturday.

Edited by M.J

Two viewings today, both were, "what's your best price for cash mate"......

You see that little sign in the window, that's what I want..... :rolleyes:

Both had to "speak to the wife", quite clear who wears the trouser's in their homes!! 

Edited by Ocsltd

53 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Two viewings today, both were, "what's your best price for cash mate"......

You see that little sign in the window, that's what I want..... :rolleyes:

Both had to "speak to the wife", quite clear who wears the trouser's in their homes!! 

Can't believe you let them walk .. ..

You should have said , " Give me your number , lets call her " ..

Or " Lets take it for a drive and show it to the Mrs " ..

Just kidding.. BUT I'm sure some of the ' sales professionals ' would say that how you do it ! :) 

It does amaze me how many times men/women go car shopping on their own but can't make decisions ... guess just window shoppers ! OR Too scared to say ' I'm only tyre kicking and wasting your time ' !! 

" Just got to speak to the wife " has got to be the biggest cop out going. It is just a more polite way of saying " look mate i dont have any intention of buying this car so i am going to waste someone elses time now"

• Like 5

Well, I ended up with 9 for the week, which really pulled the month around. Two confirmed already this morning from yesterday so onwards and upwards!

This time last week I was on a pathetic 14, and now on an acceptable 25. Not brilliant, but considering how it was going, I am delighted!

Finished on 17 for the month and 1 into next. Not too bad to say I only carry stock of 10/12 cars at a time.

My best month yet, achieved my profit target and maintained my 5 star reviews. Also my average days in stock down to 19 based on what i've sold this month.

Papa Johns and a San Miguel for me tonight! :D

• Like 2