Sign in to follow this  
TM1989

Tyre kicker season?

Tyre kicker season has started I think!! People ringing offering stupid prices/ wanting too much for their part exes/ they’re all popping out of the woodworks!! How’s everyone else doing up north? 

• Haha 1

it,s not just up North....it's down south as well.     THe messers are out in force lately.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

ha ha, took the day off and went to chats worth Xmas Market and had a splendiferous day with not a tyre kicking folded armed miserable person to be seen, just happy shoppers :D

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 5:00 PM, TM1989 said:

Tyre kicker season has started I think!! People ringing offering stupid prices/ wanting too much for their part exes/ they’re all popping out of the woodworks!! How’s everyone else doing up north? 

No problem here as yet with tyre kickers. We are based North West and yes it has slowed somewhat however, the customers we are engaging with are in a need to buy situation hence no discount remains our policy.     

• Like 1

Haha Yes, seems like they have are arriving by coach. 

What makes these animals wake up and think let me spend my time and fuel going round tyre kicking?

Its frustrating to say the least, especially when my cars are prepped well beyond average and all show a clean mot history . 

Any one have any good ways of calling them out without being too aggressive?

Ive been using “what would make you take it now” which tends to shake them up a bit :) 

Had a car up at £2499.. 
Guy messaged me saying im really interested want 1k for his clio and 1k cash so 500 quid off the car plus 400 extra on his part ex. Told him where to go.

Messages again says he really interested .. am i happy to negotiate a price i said come view the car we can discuss the price. Then messages saying i am not going to offer you more that 2.2k so dont want to waste you time or my time. I told him to find a 2.2k car and leave me alone.

Edited by slademotors

50 minutes ago, slademotors said:

Had a car up at £2499.. 
Guy messaged me saying im really interested want 1k for his clio and 1k cash so 500 quid off the car plus 400 extra on his part ex. Told him where to go.

Messages again says he really interested .. am i happy to negotiate a price i said come view the car we can discuss the price. Then messages saying i am not going to offer you more that 2.2k so dont want to waste you time or my time. I told him to find a 2.2k car and leave me alone.

you should have told him to stick his 22 up his noddy holder:D

…..these ‘chancers/low ballers’ are everywhere these days, not just motor trade. Got much worse In the last few months. Sign of the times!

It has always been the same,the worst ‘ Chucky Duffers ‘ tend to come out of the woodwork in December.They must think because it is a quiet time for car dealers,they will somehow get accepted.

On 12/11/2022 at 9:04 AM, metcars said:

…..these ‘chancers/low ballers’ are everywhere these days, not just motor trade. Got much worse In the last few months. Sign of the times!

100% true….unfortunately :lol: