Greg

EML covered up Manheim Wimbledon

Hi ,  I read a topic  about  a car purchased from Manheim, having the EML covered up,

Last week I bought a Fiat Fullback from Wimbledon Manheim online from the  lease company Leasys.  Bought from these before from other sites no problem, 

This car didn't feel right in performance not revving out. My mechanic spent a day servicing it and then realised the engine management light was not  coming on at all !

Took the instrument cluster out to find someone had put  black  tiger seal over to hide it.  Not just on it is flashing !, and the ECU has been tampered with security bolts damaged and loose

Long story short, they have said can't help not their  fault. sure check said I was out of the 7 days, 

How did you guys end up with them, its under handed behaviour . don't expect this from a vehicle direct from lease company 

sure check is a joke. They need to be educated that they must see the engine light come on aswell as go out . not interested when I suggested this ,

Thankyou for your time Greg Scriven

Did you go and view the vehicle before bidding ?

If you did, then why did you not notice the EML wasn't coming on at all ?

If you didn't, then perhaps you should have.

A very hard lesson to learn.

I was only curious , as I'd seen a post earlier in the year about EML covered on a car purchased from manheim .

21 hours ago, Greg said:

I was only curious , as I'd seen a post earlier in the year about EML covered on a car purchased from manheim .

i think your going to struggle if your out of sure check timing Greg . 

hard as that seems but thats how they will go with it .

good luck though , BBA reman for the ECU repair if needed . 

Lease customers dirty sly games that is  , cant see the lease company or manhiem tiger sealing EML lights  , Lots of lease customers don't ever look after a car in my opinion , not that many owners do though either 

22 hours ago, justina3 said:

Think he has already stated he bought it on line "Wimbledon Manheim online 

I buy some stock from Manheim online but always book an appointment to view the cars before auction day.

Am I then right in thinking that there are some of us out there that buy blind !?

This is 100% fraudulent misrepresentation.  However it doesn’t help that you’ve messed about for ages before identifying the act of misrepresentation.

The only way you’ll get any joy is through the courts & I guess the moment the summons hits their desk is the same moment they’ll close your account.

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

i think your going to struggle if your out of sure check timing Greg . 

hard as that seems but thats how they will go with it .

good luck though , BBA reman for the ECU repair if needed . 

Lease customers dirty sly games that is  , cant see the lease company or manhiem tiger sealing EML lights  , Lots of lease customers don't ever look after a car in my opinion , not that many owners do though either 

+1

Gentleman, 

Thankyou to those that responded to this post ,

to that man about buying blind online ,,, Yes I do as a daft or stupid and reckless that is,

A very good call from a lovely lady from Manheim just now to say they have  decided I shouldn't be left in this position , please drop it back to my local depot.

I cant believe this ! so happy,

Not all bad news from these guys at the auctions 

Happy Christmas to you all

19 minutes ago, Greg said:

Gentleman, 

to that man about buying blind online ,,, Yes I do as a daft or stupid and reckless that is,

A very good call from a lovely lady from Manheim just now to say they have  decided I shouldn't be left in this position , please drop it back to my local depot.

can you post the name and contact number of the lovely lady? sounds like she has more authority then the rest of the company!

Hi Greg get your mechanic to do a global scan as first port of call in f:)uture, merry christmas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattR said:

can you post the name and contact number of the lovely lady? sounds like she has more authority then the rest of the company!

:lol: The c***s gave me the run around for nearly two months.

21 hours ago, Greg said:

Gentleman, 

Well done Greg . 

nice result 

• Like 1