Sign in to follow this  
Steve92

May 2016

Given we have had a March and April thread I guess we need a May one.

so two days in how's it going, we have 2 with a third awaiting finance approval.

one yesterday which i have had hanging around for ages so was over the moon with that start

March was good for us, April really poor. I do think school holidays have an impact though.

Yes Phillip. 

April was our best month since starting. Start and end of month both busy a bit quiet at times in the middle. Whether it means anything or not but we also did the most finance business we have done also.

4 so far, hopefully May is as good as April was for us.

Qashqai arrived today 3pm sold 6.30pm! Not even photographed it! Wish they all went this quickly 

• Like 2

Carried 2 over from April and one yesterday so 3 on.....happy with that....still awaiting first finance deal since being regulated....took a prop on Saturday....declined....even knee cap

finance wouldn't take her on.....never mind onwards and upwards!!!

Took n 2007 80k 107 on Friday and gave a price that meant I could retail it at under 2k, was still a bit worried about the mileage though and it wasn't perfect on the body.

Put it on yesterday afternoon and had about 5 emails and two people turn up this morning as we opened.

Maybe 5 door element adds desirability as I've had a few of these around 2.5-3k with mileage 50-60k and struggled in last 6 months.

Edited by SC Derby

Sunday was zzzzzzzzzzzzz I put that down to the sun though, ml went today and a deposit on an a6, viewing on an evoque tomorrow and a6 avant on Thursday. Oh and 428i sold Saturday.

11 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Toyota Urban Cruisers, good news or not?

Had one couple of years ago , It was only 12 Months old with very low mileage - didn't fly out straight away , but profitable deal - would buy again ! Good luck if you go with it. 

8 minutes ago, umesh said:

Had one couple of years ago , It was only 12 Months old with very low mileage - didn't fly out straight away , but profitable deal - would buy again ! Good luck if you go with it. 

Thanks Umesh, I've had a bash, 2009 59 with 50k on it, so I guess good mileage for age, and in a nice colour and spec w/ Full Toyota History. See how I get on.

Thank you. I do like trying new bits and bobs.

Edited by SC Derby

Bought a couple from BCA on Friday. My plate man rings me on Monday and says I can get one down to Tuesday, one down Thursday. For some reason that only Russell Grant could explain, I say bring the Alfa down first. It arrives this morning and then a few hours later it's all sparkly. Before I have chance to whack it on t'net and put some balloons on it a man walks on, shows an interest,  test drives and then bish bosh boom. Funny old game.

• Like 2

6 since Friday, that includes an a5 advertised at 4pm on Friday with two customers viewing the car at the same time at 2pm on Saturday, could have had that thing sold 5 times over. Then a BMW 420d, got it back at 4pm, someone viewed it at 5pm and it left the same day, we were left with his old 320i (free) which we scrapped and got some extra ££ in the bank.

• Like 1

Flying them out Steve good work and some nice bits of stock.

This Month is ticking over steadily but yet to feel busy. 

• Like 1

I'm ticking over but again some days are deathly quiet. Last week would have been pretty much a washout but I managed to shift on 5 part exchanges some with small margin some normal, all sub £2.5k cars.

done 5 in last 3 days, up to 22 for the month, so healthy. Hoping for strong finish.