Lazz

Facebook Market Place

Recommended Posts

Yup I get what your saying.

But, I've dealt with plenty of nice people through these methods.

And, come to think of it most of the Messer's I've experienced have been on the phone.

No matter what the channel of contact you can pretty much tell when someone is wasting your time and act accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Frank Cannon said:

Messers message, customers call, period. 

Not I'm my own experience at all but appreciate it might be different for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, johny1980 said:

Not I'm my own experience at all but appreciate it might be different for others.

Interesting. I’d love to be proved wrong but not a single week passes without messers mailing making out they’re the real deal but never managing to actually do anything other than sending gormless questions or making statements about their seriousness (don’t make me fucking laugh).

As texting is becoming so common place from schools, various NHS services & many businesses I guess one day soon texts/emails will become the norm on most car deals but from where I’m at on my well-used gems I can tell a genuine enquirer because they soon pick up the phone. Dithering, playing email ping pong, isn’t the way with real buyers, although I dare say the younger generation expect to deal that way judging by some of correspondence on Facebook - being told I’m open Mon to Sat so phone for an appointment often gets a further email asking can we come Sunday because it’s convenient for us. WTF?? The thought of actually picking up the phone doesn’t occur to these brain dead fuckers. 

One man’s meat is another man’s poison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2021 at 8:27 PM, BHM said:

Interesting. I’d love to be proved wrong but not a single week passes without messers mailing making out they’re the real deal but never managing to actually do anything other than sending gormless questions or making statements about their seriousness (don’t make me fucking laugh).

As texting is becoming so common place from schools, various NHS services & many businesses I guess one day soon texts/emails will become the norm on most car deals but from where I’m at on my well-used gems I can tell a genuine enquirer because they soon pick up the phone. Dithering, playing email ping pong, isn’t the way with real buyers, although I dare say the younger generation expect to deal that way judging by some of correspondence on Facebook - being told I’m open Mon to Sat so phone for an appointment often gets a further email asking can we come Sunday because it’s convenient for us. WTF?? The thought of actually picking up the phone doesn’t occur to these brain dead fuckers. 

One man’s meat is another man’s poison.

Just sold a car to an 18 year old lad, pretty much all done by phone with occasional text, so there is hope yet!

Interestingly enough he had a better grasp of the lockdown rules and click and collect than some enquiries I have taken from some older customers that should know better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DCS01 said:

Just sold a car to an 18 year old lad, pretty much all done by phone with occasional text, so there is hope yet!

Interestingly enough he had a better grasp of the lockdown rules and click and collect than some enquiries I have taken from some older customers that should know better!

You did well,did you check he was 18.Are there any additional precautions dealers should take when doing online/ click and collect sales to kids or new adults acting on their own.I may be wrong but I would want to know what it was going to be used for to be ‘ Fit for purpose ‘ ,a copy of their license and if they could not produce insurance I would be stating on the invoice that they understood they must be appropriately insured before they can drive on a public road.Duty of Care and all that stuff.......and no credit cards !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trade vet said:

You did well,did you check he was 18.Are there any additional precautions dealers should take when doing online/ click and collect sales to kids or new adults acting on their own.I may be wrong but I would want to know what it was going to be used for to be ‘ Fit for purpose ‘ ,a copy of their license and if they could not produce insurance I would be stating on the invoice that they understood they must be appropriately insured before they can drive on a public road.Duty of Care and all that stuff.......and no credit cards !

Thanks for the heads up. His step dad came down with him and completed the transaction with him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 6 or 7 years ago I heard a few traders at the block talking about how many cars they sell from Facebook. I've always been very old fashioned and resisted joining Facebook. I finally gave in a couple of years ago and was initially amazed at the response - far more enquiries than Auto Trader and eBay (which pretty much seems dead now) but then I was equally amazed at the quality of the people on Facebook.

Talk about timewasters! I've had far more than my fair share in the past but Facebook enquiries all seemed extremely keen and pretty reasonable to deal with at first but they all then put in ridiculous offers (£4k for a mint £5995 car) or had ridiculous excuses (insurance too dear or they thought the car was too dear!) 

I can see how some dealers are turning towards a deposit on the strength of their video description approach - I doubt the sort of customers I get would want to pay a deposit to effectively view the car but at the same time, I wouldn't mind giving this approach a try in future as timewasters are even more annoying to me than they used to be, the older I get!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff fast in this job, part of which is simply not getting into a game of email ping pong entertaining the cretins.

Tbh I don’t take deposits but I qualify hard over the phone before I agree to an appointment. Some don’t appreciate it (usually tyrekickers & those who expect the red carpet treatment) but those that visit usually buy. Funnily enough the few I don’t deal are usually the ones I was unsure about in the first place but decided to take a gamble. 

However admittedly what works for one doesn’t work for another.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My face book enquiries this week if they are called that .

Can I sell u mi car ?  Probably not but tell me what you have , 

Du u Bi furniture t px agen a car ? NO 

Is is this still available. YES 

Can i test drive this ? NO 

How much a week is this car ?  No idea what you are looking at regards Deposit ? PX ? How many months ? or what you can afford , Ring Me . 

Do you do finance or go thru one of them car lender companies ? You have zero chance my friend 

Can i pay in Bitcoin   NO 

U open to offers , £5,995 the car , OK how much have you got ?  £2,000     NO 

Is that the financial price if I pay half cash ? Didn't answer that one 

Do you Part exchange ? What have you got & tell me reg and miles ? Smax  08 plate 216,000 miles , I want £3,000 for it as well or don't bother , I DIDN'T Bother 

Lucy asked , Is it still for sale , Yes Lucy , then 23 questions later she asked me if i had a Bigger Suzuki Alto , Wow didn't see that coming .

Where is the RS3 located , do you keep it inside , Are you on a Business park or is the at your house ?  Look at some others my friend, mines off site so scrotes cant steal it .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: What on Earth are you advertising to attract such imbeciles? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BHM said:

You need to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff fast in this job, part of which is simply not getting into a game of email ping pong entertaining the cretins.

Tbh I don’t take deposits but I qualify hard over the phone before I agree to an appointment. Some don’t appreciate it (usually tyrekickers & those who expect the red carpet treatment) but those that visit usually buy. Funnily enough the few I don’t deal are usually the ones I was unsure about in the first place but decided to take a gamble. 

However admittedly what works for one doesn’t work for another.

What sort of qualifying are you doing over the phone? I’m assuming you ask the same questions like are you planning to drive the car away today? It doesn’t matter what I ask or say to them, they tickle my balls over the phone with all the right answers then when they arrive the tyre kicking starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.