Advertisement
A & S

Private plate

Recommended Posts

Any cherish plate experts on here? Got a car come in with reg no. FXi 730 any ideas how much this is worth?  Is it worth keeping?

Edited by A & S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, A & S said:

Any cherish plate experts on here? Got a car come in with reg no. FXi 730 any ideas how much this is worth?  Is it worth keeping?

come on Mr fxi where are you:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@oldmarcus is your man ... the cheapest one i seen with FXI and 3 numbers was about £700 on regtransfers so I'd say it worth the retention fee even if you only get a couple of hundred out it 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have said £99 lol, I really don't get the "Value" on some of these plates ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd suggest to keep it as a facelift for any 'special' future car you get where the year is best hidden -  no value for initials or a name.

Regtransfers advertised prices are pretty meaningless for accurate guidance TBH, I bought direct some of the MLZ's when DVLA first released them and sold the last in August/September - all Chinese buyers - so those with good initial combos are worth a retail punt, or even ebay where they're mostly clueless.

Number buyers aim to buy at between 33 - 45% of retail, not unfair given many can take several years to sell for proper money, so I'd suggest just keeping it.

In either event, you can easily buy reasonable 3x4 Irish plates for £30, £110 incl the £80 fee for other cars 'facelift' need/s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the sort of thing we do, we regularly get cherished plates on cars and have a list on my wall of about 1/2 dozen decent ones that we have for sale........problem is we've had them for years and years, there are quite a few companies out there that will advertise and sell your reg on a no sale no fee but there are litterally thousands out there for sale...so unless its a real good'en i'd leave it on the car and tell the buyer its worth a few hundred quid but that you'll thow it for the asking price.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

 

In either event, you can easily buy reasonable 3x4 Irish plates for £30, £110 incl the £80 fee for other cars 'facelift' need/s.

Can you recommend where to purchase these Irish plates? I believe they are all dateless? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Cannon said:

Can you recommend where to purchase these Irish plates? I believe they are all dateless? 

There's normally a good few on ebay 

8 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

I'd have said £99 lol, I really don't get the "Value" on some of these plates ;)

:lol: I've no idea how many individuals and companies think many are worth what they want either .

6 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

I'd suggest to keep it as a facelift for any 'special' future car you get where the year is best hidden -  no value for initials or a name.

Regtransfers advertised prices are pretty meaningless for accurate guidance TBH, I bought direct some of the MLZ's when DVLA first released them and sold the last in August/September - all Chinese buyers - so those with good initial combos are worth a retail punt, or even ebay where they're mostly clueless.

Number buyers aim to buy at between 33 - 45% of retail, not unfair given many can take several years to sell for proper money, so I'd suggest just keeping it.

In either event, you can easily buy reasonable 3x4 Irish plates for £30, £110 incl the £80 fee for other cars 'facelift' need/s.

Out of interest Marcus to do u still have contacts in the number plate game .

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

I'd have said £99 lol, I really don't get the "Value" on some of these plates ;)

Neither does ‘the market’ nowadays on many of these. What was worth a few hundred 10-20 yrs ago aren’t worth a toss now. 

12 hours ago, Willoughby said:

problem is we've had them for years and years,

I’ve heard that from various traders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got 4 Vehicles currently, all have pp's bought from DVLA, all are relevant to the specific vehicles and / or to Mel & I, my customers, friends and family all "get them" without having to ask ..................

Not one of them cost more than £300 inc transfer, and the 2 restored Cars that are in my MB Collection are same series.

If I buy a Sales Car / Chopper in with a cheapo pp on it I leave it on, unless the PO wants it back, in which case he pays the fee, or if it's left on the car it will get sold with the car ;)

I am yet to get one like D1 etc left on a vehicle, but of course if someone was that stupid, yeah I'd get it on retention and auction it off, course I would :lol:

I find a lot of these cheap meaningless Irish etc plates are put on some old tat Car by the Champagne Ideas / Lemonade Money brigade, then they tell all their neighbours etc "its a 2015 Discovery yak yak yak" or whatever.................

"Errrrrrrm, hey twat" Land Rover stopped making that model in 2009 :lol: .....................

Usually accompanied with the "Special Edition" Chinesium badge bought off Flea of the Bay :rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Casper said:

 

 

17 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Can you recommend where to purchase these Irish plates? I believe they are all dateless? 

Speedyreg are cheaper on fleabay than their own site @ £30 + £80 fee = £110 I quoted - the ones ending with an 0 look a bit better, or sometimes a 5.

Edited by oldmarcus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, oldmarcus said:

 

Speedyreg are cheaper on fleabay than their own site @ £30 + £80 fee = £110 I quoted - the ones ending with an 0 look a bit better, or sometimes a 5.

Yup, thanks found them cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, oldmarcus said:

 

Speedyreg are cheaper on fleabay than their own site @ £30 + £80 fee = £110 I quoted - the ones ending with an 0 look a bit better, or sometimes a 5.

Thanks marcus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.