metcars

Most entertaining auction

Recommended Posts

So having spent a few months with online auctions who do you guys find the most entertaining? Without a doubt the guys at manheim Northampton really lift my tuesdays/Thursdays? I actually laughed out loud with the wrestling comments last week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metcars said:

So having spent a few months with online auctions who do you guys find the most entertaining? Without a doubt the guys at manheim Northampton really lift my tuesdays/Thursdays? I actually laughed out loud with the wrestling comments last week.

 

From SMA Birtley (Now Wilsons) .... the auctioneer (little man from Leeds) announced

"Ive been talking to the lady that used to own this car, and i can confirm that she likes a bit of leather on her arse!" :D

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s an auctioneer at Colchester that runs at 100mph! He must have previously worked at a Texas cattle auction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had one in Newcastle and when he had hooked a private bidder on a hit lister he would emphasise ‘it’s a V car ‘ and the bidder might think it was a very good car and get trotted up.

There was a guy at Leeds who in response to a very low opening bid would say ‘ what do you want,blood ‘ and simarly Mr Beith of Alex Beith Auctions in Glasgow Meat Market would pause and politely say ‘Sir,I would not like to sell you a new one ‘ and the bidder would be embarrassed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, trade vet said:

We had one in Newcastle and when he had hooked a private bidder on a hit lister he would emphasise ‘it’s a V car ‘ and the bidder might think it was a very good car and get trotted up.

There was a guy at Leeds who in response to a very low opening bid would say ‘ what do you want,blood ‘ and simarly Mr Beith of Alex Beith Auctions in Glasgow Meat Market would pause and politely say ‘Sir,I would not like to sell you a new one ‘ and the bidder would be embarrassed.

There was another auctioneer who did Newcastle and Preston and he was like Ted Bovis ,check him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many years ago the auctioneer at Blackpool auctions (Shit hole with a very strange gene pool)  Every single car that came though was always "in the best colour" 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MrC said:

Many years ago the auctioneer at Blackpool auctions (Shit hole with a very strange gene pool)  Every single car that came though was always "in the best colour" 

That must have been in the distant past Mr C.Never been there but unless I am imagining it,someone may have told me that the auction celebrity back then was the boxer Brian London.....Have we done auction celebrities. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trade vet said:

That must have been in the distant past Mr C.Never been there but unless I am imagining it,someone may have told me that the auction celebrity back then was the boxer Brian London.....Have we done auction celebrities. ?

Back in the day, i was at Leyton car auctions when they were filming the episode of eastenders withfrank and Ricky? If that counts?:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still miss Tony from BCA Enfield and also did Paddock Wood.

 

... had some crackers and in later years always tried to work out (and odten fail) the yearly average on the low miles gear with help from his audience. 

 

"more 'istory than the Tower Of London boys" 

"handful of owners" 

 

A real gentleman too, retired a few years back. 

Edited by Frank Cannon
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day (90s), who was the guy at Colchester that used to say stuff like “up we go again” and “.......for the sporting gentleman?”. Really nice entertaining guy, they don’t make them like that that any more?

Edited by metcars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(From the past) I can’t remember where but what was said was;

“it’s been a popular car” - a 12 owner car.

“a morning’s work to put right” - the car had been on the receiving end of a wronged wife/girlfriend. No glass in it, interior damaged, every panel kicked in & a few choice words sprayed on the car :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, metcars said:

Back in the day (90s), who was the guy at Colchester that used to say stuff like “up we go again” and “.......for the sporting gentleman?”. Really nice entertaining guy, they don’t make them like that that any more?

Was that the legendary quick knock specialist Mr Moore ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up on the miles down on the price . 

11 hours ago, metcars said:

Back in the day, i was at Leyton car auctions when they were filming the episode of eastenders withfrank and Ricky? If that counts?:D

Riiiiiiicky . 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Casper said:

Up on the miles down on the price . 

I use that on some of my adverts

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Was that the legendary quick knock specialist Mr Moore ?

As I remember, fair haired Tall thin guy. He wasn’t a young guy even back then. But he was the star of the show! Back in the old two hall days. When Thursday night sales were still going about 10pm. And the daytime sales were empty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, metcars said:

As I remember, fair haired Tall thin guy. He wasn’t a young guy even back then. But he was the star of the show! Back in the old two hall days. When Thursday night sales were still going about 10pm. And the daytime sales were empty!

Different guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.