Sign in to follow this  
Tom

January Sales Diary 2016 Busy?

Two today. Jag X Type and Skoda Octavia VRS Estate.

Took a strange part ex on second (for me) 2011 NEW SHAPE Nissan Micra Acenta 1.2 Auto in Plum, 5,000 on the clock. Any idea what I can expect to retail that for? Bit out of my usual comfort zone really? Or anyone want to make a trade offer on it ? It was his grandmas car but she has given up driving now. Car is nice though.

• Like 1

Micra will shift just cos of the mileage I would run with that.

1 So far today here.

Took a 2010 laguna yesterday quite a good spec 71k with a tom tom etc 150bhp diesel very tidy - anything to watch out for on them or anyone find them a good seller?

What, 6k-6.5k would you say?

To be fair we are in a pretty well to do village with loads of old people should so be worth a go! 

I often get people come in and say 'what autos you got mate?'. You show them and they never go anywhere with them!!

Edited by See Cars Derby

Micra will shift just cos of the mileage I would run with that.

1 So far today here.

Took a 2010 laguna yesterday quite a good spec 71k with a tom tom etc 150bhp diesel very tidy - anything to watch out for on them or anyone find them a good seller?

Things things to watch out for..... It's a Renault!

Edited by Jack Regan
  • Like 4

What, 6k-6.5k would you say?

To be fair we are in a pretty well to do village with loads of old people should so be worth a go! 

I often get people come in and say 'what autos you got mate?'. You show them and they never go anywhere with them!!

I get exactly the same here, always get people asking for autos then the minute you have them, no interest! 

Ended the week with a nice 3 car day today, 1 90 dayer for cost, 1 60 dayer and 1 only just hit the site not even been photographed.

Audi A8 today, I'd have been interested in the auto .... If it had been a fiesta 1.0 we looked at micras and the wife hated it.

• Like 1

couple more today

mx-5 i took in part ex and a Megane 2009 1.9dci Priviledge

29 for the month.

Laguna has now sold.

having a nightmare with a petrol insignia 1.8 this week it's been brought back to us with an eml and we have replaced loads of parts on it all with no success. Fuel trim lean. Code p0170.

main dealers suggest the dip stick may have been a bit loose and cleared codes and said it was fine. It isn't code has come back. 

Car has been running and driving completely fine with no issues other than the eml pops on.

Think we have cracked the insignia. Faulty PCV - been tearing hair out on this one. 

Hate it when it's like that, probably the worst part of the job imo.

Sold a C3 last thing yesterday and Altea this morning, 33 for the month here. Delighted with that.

Absolute nightmare very rare for us to get into that sort of situation. Customer has not been the most patient. Even worse when it goes into main dealer and they are less than useless. I have zero faith in our local Vauxhall dealership.

Good to hear you are selling See cars - just ahead of me sat on 32 cars here.

I've had a nightmare roll in this week too. Brief description -

Sold Mazda 6, collected last Saturday, taken to Wales (120 miles away). Customer relatively picky from the beginning.

Oil pressure light has come on, 2.2 TD Engine, he's had it 5 days. didn't come on, on the long drive home though.

originally customer fine, apparently a sump strainer would need cleaning as this is a 37,500 service item and car has now done 71k so probably due 'again'.

He's had it looked at by 'his garage' and now he wants to reject, sighting the sump has been off before and may have been bodged, Wants a refund and me to collect ASAP.

As of yet, not sure what route to go down. Don't fancy driving it back from Wales though. I guess he has to show some proof before we do anything?

Finished on 5 from an opening stock of 4, closing stock of 9. 

I've had a bit of a run of luck buying, with no shocks in the workshop (just PDIs, MOTs and 2 services).

2 today, Scenic and a px cheapie.

Been a bit quieter though. Lost someone on Auris and Merc C Class.

Good solid start to the year, 28 sold for January in total but quieter in last week as weathers taken a turn, hope everyone else is doing OK

• Like 1