Sign in to follow this  
Tom

January Sales Diary 2016 Busy?

well done see cars derby. where the majority  of your buyers coming of the advertising or they are  passing 

Advertising 90%, although one claimed motors.co.uk even though we aren't on there ?

I'd say 60% autotrader, 20% eBay, 20% Facebook/recommends 

wow .thats amazing how many cars in your premises    and where usually you source from 

I hold between 30-35 normally however I am a bit lower at the minute due to the volume of sales in last ten days.

And not telling :)

• Like 1

I hold between 30-35 normally however I am a bit lower at the minute due to the volume of sales in last ten days.

And not telling :)

He buys them off roadside traders I met him there when I was stocking up keep it quiet :P

3 today here, couple of finance declines who I could place sub prime but the payments were to high. Loads of test drive time wasters who have just come out and first question can I drive it, we have 6 more to look at. 

• Like 2

He buys them off roadside traders I met him there when I was stocking up keep it quiet :P

3 today here, couple of finance declines who I could place sub prime but the payments were to high. Loads of test drive time wasters who have just come out and first question can I drive it, we have 6 more to look at. 

haha :)

tbh I only had 5 sets of customers all day and the other two walked off, so not a bad strike rate.

Edited by See Cars Derby

Been a good week but most are wanting a plate transfer so it holds up the money coming in to buy some more.

Been a good week but most are wanting a plate transfer so it holds up the money coming in to buy some more.

I just charge them the 80 and do it for them say will call you when the new logbook comes through and you can swap the plates over. Speeds things up.

It more of the delay in waiting for the v5 to come through, the actual process is pretty quick I even completed one at the services at scotch corner this afternoon. We just get the plates off eBay and then it's usually 2 weeks from start to finish before the car goes, it just means the car is sold but until the car has gone and the money cleared we don't have the spare cash to buy another. 

I've done three in the last month and make them pay as we send them off, at least that way you have the money in the bank to re stock (space allowing).

also the v5 comes back in their name ie their car so they should pay at that point.

• Like 1

I've found the best way to do it is to get the new car handed over and sent out on the original plates, that way you've got your money (and part ex) in. The majority of customers are understanding enough and don't mind taking their new car away, being told that when the new V5 comes back to them they can put their new plates on. Not had anyone object yet anyway... 

With the DVLA system being a little quicker now a quick HPi of the part ex to get the original reg number means that you can get their swapper prepped, photo'd and advertised ready for when the plate transfer is complete!

Ours have all wanted to collect the cars with there plate already on the car. I guess we could ask for full payment when we send the log book off, but if it was me I wouldn't pay for a car without having it. I guess it depends what you want, give the customers exactly what they want or not. I guess large dealer groups don't have the problem of cash flow.

They are not paying for the car without having it though - they can have the car immediately if they wish, they are just choosing not to?

Don't see why we should have to sit on a bit of sold stock for a couple of weeks with no payment just because the customer wants us to do the plate transfer for THEIR convenience!!

• Like 1

They are not paying for the car without having it though - they can have the car immediately if they wish, they are just choosing not to?

Don't see why we should have to sit on a bit of sold stock for a couple of weeks with no payment just because the customer wants us to do the plate transfer for THEIR convenience!!

Completely agree with you here. Small business, cashflow is important and I am more than happy for you to pay for the car and leave it with me for 2 weeks if you like or alternatively start using it right away and I will do the paperwork for you no problem and give you a quick call once the plate transfer has been done and you can switch your plates across anyway. I have not had one person who has ever objected to this or raised it as an issue when I have explained the reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

I tell the customers quite straight , take the car on current plate I'll deal with all the paper work / Plates ( If they live some distance make plates / ready drilled -to make it easy for them for fitting ) or if they're local to pop in when its complete and I'll for the plates ! For the odd one who wants the car after the plate I explain that it doesn't help cash flow and full payment is required ! No one has ever objected. 

Think if you explain it clearly most will be OK with it! 

• Like 2

Really quietened down this week here. How are the rest of you getting on? 

Similar, pulled in a couple and got a couple in the pipeline but definite slow down.

Similar, pulled in a couple and got a couple in the pipeline but definite slow down.

+1 here, busy up until the start of this week..